Future products

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sounds superb. Some super sized Kursk battles is exactly what the doctor ordered. Reminds me of Lone Canucks LSSAH pack number 4 which has got some monster Kursk scenarios set on steppe terrain. "Getting The Job Done" is a brilliant scenario.

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I don't understand if this one will have an HASL map inside or only 8 equivalent geoboards?

Or some geoboards and an HASL map!

I'm really looking forward to the first BFP HASL.

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't understand if this one will have an HASL map inside or only 8 equivalent geoboards?

Or some geoboards and an HASL map!

I'm really looking forward to the first BFP HASL.
No HASL map - BFP has a board type called Double-Wide (DW). Instead of 8"x22" it's 16"x22", making terrain less constrained than the traditional smaller format. The first DW board appeared in Blood & Jungle.

Mondo-cool counters in the package, too, btw. ;)

MANY extremely cool HASL's in development in Chas' shop, though, as mentioned elsewhere on this board. Well worth drooling over, I say.

-N

Last edited:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
They are very nice to fight over as well. Eye Candy of the Map World to boot. I've had/having a blast.
No HASL map - BFP has a board type called Double-Wide (DW). Instead of 8"x22" it's 16"x22", making terrain less constrained than the traditional smaller format. The first DW board appeared in Blood & Jungle.

Mondo-cool counters in the package, too, btw. ;)

MANY extremely cool HASL's in development in Chas' shop, though, as mentioned elsewhere on this board. Well worth drooling over, I say.

-N
You bums. Not that I needed any incentive, mind!

Boards, I'm guessing 3 std and 3 DW... :D No need to answer, but BFP is up to K and a PT AAR of one of the scens mentioned N, so at least 3 std it would seem.

Yes, I am paying attention. :cool:

S

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You bums. Not that I needed any incentive, mind!

Boards, I'm guessing 3 std and 3 DW... :D No need to answer, but BFP is up to K and a PT AAR of one of the scens mentioned N, so at least 3 std it would seem.

Yes, I am paying attention. :cool:

S
Don't bother reading too much into it Spencer, they use all sorts of numbers etc. just to fox you LOL

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Of course it could be a double width, a triple width and a quad width. Just to mess up everybodys mind!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Don't bother reading too much into it Spencer, they use all sorts of numbers etc. just to fox you LOL
I will be happy with it, I'm pretty sure. In a related note, I still think it's somewhat odd that BFP H and I weren't re-numbered as DW II. They were/It was the original double wide board!

This stuff doesn't bother me, but I do notice it... :laugh:

S

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there some small and medium sized scenarios too? Ir is it just that the terrain is big- "big sky country?"

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there some small and medium sized scenarios too? Ir is it just that the terrain is big- "big sky country?"
Don't want to get called on the carpet for giving away too much too early, so I'll just say, yes, lots of variety in the scenario sizes and OB's. :) From what I've seen, the BFP team that put this together should be rightly proud of themselves.

-N

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

Well, I for one cant wait for this, Blood and Jungle was just so impressive that it will forever be the standard which many outfits will try to attain but usually and epically Fail.

Scott

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

Well, I for one cant wait for this, Blood and Jungle was just so impressive that it will forever be the standard which many outfits will try to attain but usually and epically Fail.

Scott
I fully expect this to blow B&J out of the water due to much more mainstream subject matter and another couple years of experience for BFP.

S

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I fully expect this to blow B&J out of the water due to much more mainstream subject matter and another couple years of experience for BFP.

S
That will be pretty hard to do. They set themselves a high standard to follow. I am not a PTO fan but was delighted with B&J. I regarded the cost as money well spent. The subject matter is another question altogether.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
That will be pretty hard to do. They set themselves a high standard to follow. I am not a PTO fan but was delighted with B&J. I regarded the cost as money well spent. The subject matter is another question altogether.
My statement stands. :D

To be fair, I don't think B&J much exceeds anything else they've done if you consider value/$.

For the cost of B&J (within $10), you can have ITR, BtB2 and Op Cobra. More or less a push, IMO. This is no slight on B&J, more a compliment to BFP. I think B&J's rep is due in part to one-on-one comparisons that are actually pretty illogical. And, not everything about B&J was even an improvement. ITR's one-hex overlays beat snot out of B&J's terrain counters, IMO.

And, yes, we're parsing degrees of excellence, I realize that. :laugh:

S

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My statement stands. :D

To be fair, I don't think B&J much exceeds anything else they've done if you consider value/$.

For the cost of B&J (within $10), you can have ITR, BtB2 and Op Cobra. More or less a push, IMO. This is no slight on B&J, more a compliment to BFP. I think B&J's rep is due in part to one-on-one comparisons that are actually pretty illogical. And, not everything about B&J was even an improvement. ITR's one-hex overlays beat snot out of B&J's terrain counters, IMO.

And, yes, we're parsing degrees of excellence, I realize that. :laugh:

S
Blood and Jungle COULD have been made into two seperate modules, but the "Bang for the Buck" factor was a BETTER decision to keep this combined.

I like the decision that BFP made to publish this module as is. I only hope I can AFFORD the Ost Front project and the Allied Minor module enroute to us; BTW, they are also selling two new LFT items, KGS: Cholm and FTC 6. I have FTC6, but have to make a decision on the KGS:Cholm really soon.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I do like PTO a lot and B&J was fantastic (agree with Spencers view on combine the others) but I like Kursk more. Not far more, but a big plus for me was the verity of B&J so to say I like this more is something. (Though it has verity in an Eastern Front kind of way) yes you need to see it to understand.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B and J had diversity because of the various nationalities and terrain involved. Kursk of course is all German vs. Russian on the East Front, so the variety is in type, size, etc. I like Ian's comments, because he hasnt seen everything.

Part of the reason for the counters for terrain was in part of guys requesting this, as they thought the one hex overlays were a pain. Dont think I can win on this one:)

I can tell you that the scenario designers include Randy Yeates and Brian Martuzas.

Chas

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin,

Take a look of the pics that Xavier posted over in the Cholm thread--should help you decide whether to buy or not. (Ok I really mean it will make you WANT to buy!)

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,

Hopefully we can at least match B&J. We are doing a ton of research and design, and the Allied Minors, French, and East Front projects are shaping up in the direction to be its equal.

Chas