Future products

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there any update on the list of future products for BFP?

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there any update on the list of future products for BFP?
Negative Top.....We're working away on various projects, but have not determined what the 2011 line up looks like yet. We're certain you'll be pleased with the announcements when we finally make them...

A good way to get glimpse into some of what we're working on is to follow the blog on Boundingfire.com......

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Negative Top.....We're working away on various projects, but have not determined what the 2011 line up looks like yet. We're certain you'll be pleased with the announcements when we finally make them...

A good way to get glimpse into some of what we're working on is to follow the blog on Boundingfire.com......
thanks for the info, I will look at the blog

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can tell you that 3 projects similar in scope to Blood and Jungle are all making great progress, and we are compiling an all-star cast of designers. The East Front project (think of combining vehicles of RBF4 and OtO along with pages of other rare ones) is well, most likely going to excede B and J.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can tell you that 3 projects similar in scope to Blood and Jungle are all making great progress, and we are compiling an all-star cast of designers. The East Front project (think of combining vehicles of RBF4 and OtO along with pages of other rare ones) is well, most likely going to excede B and J.
Are you going to have the entire Russian campaign in one module?

What's next: D-Day to VE Day - the Campaign Game?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure I understand the question. OtO scenarios and CG will be included, as well as scenarios set 1941-45 with new maps and counters. the big difference in concept from Blood and Jungle is that East will focus mostly on Germ/Russ, while an Axis Minors project will focus on all the others.

For the second question, well, we are doing an American one:)

Chas

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Not sure I understand the question. OtO scenarios and CG will be included, as well as scenarios set 1941-45 with new maps and counters. the big difference in concept from Blood and Jungle is that East will focus mostly on Germ/Russ, while an Axis Minors project will focus on all the others.

Chas
NICE!

still "waiting" for for HGII to come and Iv'e only played half a dozen or so from B&J

BUT somehow I seem to be all gitty for these

:yummy::yummy::yummy:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Because I already have OtO and RBF 4, the Axis Minor part of the Eastern Front projects tempts me just very slightly more. Having said that I will be getting my usual 2 copies of both, when they surface. My first interest is Eastern Front, so I am glad you have a couple of projects in the works. One is good, two is excellent.

The only problem with your larger projects, like B&J, is that you have raised the bar so much, that I imagine it will be difficult to equal if not exceed B&J. B&J may be yesterdays news, but I still find my jaw dropping when I look at the components and the mass of scenarios.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Chas
Why not leave out OtO (release it separately) and keep the price lower? People who own OtO could save money that way.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why not leave out OtO (release it separately) and keep the price lower? People who own OtO could save money that way.
On a previous thread it was mentioned that OTO is being improved and increased in size. Lets not kid ourselves, even those of us who own it will buy the second edition.

AS for EAST, I have play tested a few of these and it is no mear boast about this being on par with B & J. I can't say it's better having not seen the whole project but it looks to be bigger for sure. I have loved some of the playtests, one of the scenario's was the second best game of the year for me.

Cheers
Ian

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul, are you trying to motivate me:):)

Michael, this was discussed previously in another thread somewhere. Redoing OtO on its in is not feasible. Including it in East Front will collectively reduce the cost and price overall. In effect, East Front will only be marginally more expensive because of inclusion of OtO, and the counters will be ubiquitous to East Front in general. Also, some of the scenarios will updated, counters improved, etc, etc.

Ian, Those East Front scenarios you played are part of Kursk, not East Front in general:)

Chas

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Michael, this was discussed previously in another thread somewhere. Redoing OtO on its in is not feasible. Including it in East Front will collectively reduce the cost and price overall. In effect, East Front will only be marginally more expensive because of inclusion of OtO, and the counters will be ubiquitous to East Front in general. Also, some of the scenarios will updated, counters improved, etc, etc.

Ian, Those East Front scenarios you played are part of Kursk, not East Front in general:)

Chas

Sorry Chas, my bad. Just assumed that was all part of the same. Jeepers I know the size of that so what you are talking about is 3-4 monster products in the future. Maybe I should just quit my Job now, it's the only way to keep up.

Ian

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Chas
So this one will be: Barbarossa to Berlin - The Campaign Game.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Chas
So is this going to be a complete re-print of OTO & RBF 4 included in the East Front project? I am not at all complaining, I will gladly pay the cash.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If I come across as a brown noser then so be it. I was very, very impressed with OtO which I know you were involved with, in another life, but B&J stunned me. I prided myself as a bit of a tread head, but the extra KNIL stuff in B&J showed how how much I still have to learn.

I can only call it as I see it.
:salute:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I took it as a challenge to match/top BFP 3.

I was a little more than 'involved' with OtO:)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas,

Just bumping this for a little clarification. Has the decision been made on the inclusion of RbF #4 into BFP's East Front module?

I am asking because i am on the verge of purchasing some more ASL and RbF#4 is one of those products (before it is lost in OOP). If it is to be included I can wait and purchase another item on my list.

I am definitely on the hook for any BFP's products. Keep up the good work.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sent you a PM so will be looking for the email.

I expect all of the RBF 4 and OtO counters will be in East Front, or some other BFP product at some point. RBF 4 was just the start of the rare vehicle type stuff, and it has grown significantly. Not all of the other stuff (scens, articles) will be though.

Chas

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sent you a PM so will be looking for the email.

I expect all of the RBF 4 and OtO counters will be in East Front, or some other BFP product at some point. RBF 4 was just the start of the rare vehicle type stuff, and it has grown significantly. Not all of the other stuff (scens, articles) will be though.

Chas
OK, thanks for the answers - I have sent the e-mail

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where do the HASLs I've heard mentioned fit in (Budapest, Peleliu, Corrigedor, Hurtgen) or don't they?