• Total voters

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sorry to flood the forum with my threads but many people were complaining that the other two threads were too "late war" and "too restrictive" in that they were city fights and cave warfare.

Try these instead; favourite campaign?

Poland 1939
France 1940
Russia 1941

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to flood the forum with my threads but many people were complaining that the other two threads were too "late war" and "too restrictive" in that they were city fights and cave warfare.

Try these instead; favourite campaign?

Poland 1939
France 1940
Russia 1941
Normandy and battle for france 44
Italy 43-44
North Africa
SE asia
New Guinea and solomons

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Difficult to choose - at first glance, all three are very appealing. A lot would depend on the units involved, the range of scenarios, the locality being fought over, etc. etc.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

A 1941 east front campaign would be cool, nothing like some vintage steel going all in for a few days of brutal battle.

Scott

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In voted for the invasion of France.French havent made it into a campaign yet. Could be fun.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted for France. However, I think each of these battles would be hard to model as a HASL on one map. The blitzkrieg type battles involve covering a huge amount of ground. If the campaign was linked scenarios, each of these would be doable. How does everyone feel about linked campaigns vs one map HASLs??? I have only played VotGs, so I have no idea how linked scenarios would play.

Rob

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Of those listed, France 1940 for me.

Peace

Roger

DukeofLazy

Reaction score
To see the Poles fight... I wish we could have seen the Poles have an opportunity to fight in the later parts of the war like the French did, if Stalin hadn't decimated the entire Polish military hierarchy in the Katyn Forest in '41... Naprzód psiekrwie, Cesarz patrzy !

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Aw! No All Of The Above option!

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To see the Poles fight... I wish we could have seen the Poles have an opportunity to fight in the later parts of the war like the French did, if Stalin hadn't decimated the entire Polish military hierarchy in the Katyn Forest in '41... Naprzód psiekrwie, Cesarz patrzy !
The Poles did fight in the later parts of the war...with great elan.
Battle of Britain, Tobruk, rest of North Africa, Cassino, rest of Italy, Normandy, Market-Garden...hell almost everywhere.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Battle of Britain, Tobruk, rest of North Africa, Cassino, rest of Italy, Normandy, Market-Garden...hell almost everywhere.
Sounds like a good Action Pack.

S

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is true, only to return as traitors to the Communist Poland that the Russians invented after WWII.

i know of several Polish veterans that immigrated to the US (Boston area) after the end of the war. The complained that Joe Stalin sold them out......

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
not too many match my interests in the polls:

1. a full blown monster sized peleliu HASL, a la RB or VotG size, of the entire Umurbrogol area, darn it! 34 days to "pacify " the area, and it decimated a full Marine Regiment doing so, come on, how much better of a bug hunt HASL can you get!!!!!??

2. Kurland Battles, 1944-1945. Specifically the SS Wiking Division and 23rd SS Regiment Nederland in action therein. Late war, SS vs Russian, how much more thrills ASL style can you ask for?

3. Hurtgen Forest - REALLY needs an HASL here. LAte war Amis vs Germans in a Hide and seek through rough terrain and tight LOS's. Typical fun ETO.

4. Iwo - really need to convert the Meat Grinder monster scens from War - Oboe into an HASL. 1945 Marines in another classic bug hunt extrardinaire. Just make it already.

5. HP- will the Finns ever get finnished? Petsamo awaits.

6. Keren Seige- ASL needs an italian HASL, and can;t think of a better one than this.

my $.02

KRL
Jon H

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like a good name for an Action Pack. :)

olli

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
In voted for the invasion of France.French havent made it into a campaign yet. Could be fun.
Gembloux from CH , to name one, Cannot remember the name of the other CH module right now..... Ah did not read all the threads, Stonne is the other one!! Doh!!!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
1. a full blown monster sized peleliu HASL, a la RB or VotG size, of the entire Umurbrogol area, darn it! 34 days to "pacify " the area, and it decimated a full Marine Regiment doing so, come on, how much better of a bug hunt HASL can you get!!!!!??
I was thinking the same thing. BFP are working on something, but I may need to get my crayons out and do my own map and HASL - a super-powered version.

4. Iwo - really need to convert the Meat Grinder monster scens from War - Oboe into an HASL. 1945 Marines in another classic bug hunt extrardinaire. Just make it already.
KRL
Am working on this and having a ball. Check the AAR section.....The War Machine-Iwo Jima CG.

DukeofLazy

Reaction score
Very true, sorry, I should have reread my post before I hit enter. I meant, to fight with their leadership still intact pre-'41. The way they fought in most major battles AFTER rebuilding their entire military command structure was a testament to their strength. But it took those intervening years to rebuild and retrain. So... should we be anticipating a Polish AP around # 12 or so Fort?