What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not very orignal: just got ASL Journal 14 - the Aussie Special Edition.

Or should this really be the Andy Rogers special edition? He certainly contributed a lot. I'm certainly not complaining - I'm a big fan of Andy's work on Hatten, and look forward to giving a try to this Sparrow Force mini-CG.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not very orignal: just got ASL Journal 14 - the Aussie Special Edition.

Or should this really be the Andy Rogers special edition? He certainly contributed a lot.
Andy is much too modest for that.
We were going to call it the ANZAC Special Edition until at the last moment we ran into some obscure Aussie regulation about using the term ANZAC in print and we had to scrub the entire ‘zine.

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Andy is much too modest for that.
We were going to call it the ANZAC Special Edition until at the last moment we ran into some obscure Aussie regulation about using the term ANZAC in print and we had to scrub the entire ‘zine.
The 'obscure' regulation has been in place since 1921 in order to protect the dignity of the term Anzac. There is an application process for seeking permission for the use.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just picked up AP14, CH 8-1 and 8-2 (I wanted the complete ASL News scenario collection) and the Wake: Gallant Stand module. Looking forward to playing a bit of all of those “soon”.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bill, you gotta show pics of CH! stuff to wet are completist appetites lol. I have 8-2, can you post pics of 8-1? Give the unwashed masses a peek at what is in 8-1?

Scott

I just picked up AP14, CH 8-1 and 8-2 (I wanted the complete ASL News scenario collection) and the Wake: Gallant Stand module. Looking forward to playing a bit of all of those “soon”.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
The 'obscure' regulation has been in place since 1921 in order to protect the dignity of the term Anzac. There is an application process for seeking permission for the use.
My bad. I should have realised. I got so caught up in producing the Journal that I forgot that basic rule ... don't mention the word "ANZAC" ... "I think I mentioned it once ... (you know the drill) ..." https://gfycat.com/alertinfinitebordercollie-fawlty-towers

(ps I didn't try to explain to the Americans that you can mention the word "ANZAC" ... if it is succeeded by the word "biscuit"; technically, we might have got away with the "ANZAC Biscuit" Journal)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great bunch of items Mark, alot of cool scenarios in CH's rag 8-2 that I didnt even have. I just wish I had a scanner so I could scan in the ASLN1 map and not worry about messing up the original when I cut it out.

Scott

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are my pictures for Wake Island and CH 8-1 and 8-2. If you get both 8-1 and 8-2 you have all 71 ASL News Scenarios, 4 Stavelot scenarios (and 4 map panels), 2 copies of board ASLNEWS 1 (and 1 in Winter colors) along with two copies of all the ASLNews railroad overlays and a winterized board 40 with railroads. Photos are too large. Must send to Scott to post26121

Attachments

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked up WO 2023 and Quick 6 #5 from Gamers Armory yesterday. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the "toys".

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well some ASL goodness came in the mail today, CH Brody Pocket modules 1, 2, and 3. The attraction to these modules was that they are set in Ukraine and have Ukrainian SS fighting the Russians in 44. I think the first scenario out of the gates that I play out of these packs will be Slava Ukraine in pack 2. It should also be noted that map C is split between Brody 1 and Brody 2. The maps are also seriously super nice. One more thing to add to my playing this this summer.