What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
The merry FedEx truck dropped off BFP's Operation Neptune, the St. Louis ASL Club's China-Burma-India: The Lost Theater, Part I (really this product needed a longer title), and MMP's Sword and Fire Manila.

Have enjoyed my limited forays into PTO so far and wanted to get China-Burma-India before it disappears.

Really enjoying my first CG in process right now (Hatten in Flames) and look forward some day to playing Operation Neptune as a non-overwhelming CG.

I have to say I wonder if I'll ever actually play one of the Sword and Fire Manila CG's given their scale, but I've told myself if going big I think I'd enjoy it more than Red Barricades. Or at least that was a convincing enough rationalization to open my wallet, turn it upside-down, and shake it some more.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have to say I wonder if I'll ever actually play one of the Sword and Fire Manila CG's given their scale, but I've told myself if going big I think I'd enjoy it more than Red Barricades. Or at least that was a convincing enough rationalization to open my wallet, turn it upside-down, and shake it some more.
You need only play a few scenarios on the HASL maps to justify the purchase. That's what I tell myself. :)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Selling all my D&D 5E stuff (Wotc does not like straight white men playing D&D) and so bought a few CH items (I know boo hiss lol) but boy am I impressed with those Omaha maps.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Selling all my D&D 5E stuff (Wotc does not like straight white men playing D&D) and so bought a few CH items (I know boo hiss lol) but boy am I impressed with those Omaha maps.

View attachment 25798

View attachment 25799
I agree on the maps. I own myself and they're a beauty. Don't know if scenarios are balanced but, as Mark Pitcavage says, when you go through a massive HASL, who the hell cares about balance. I'ts the experience of playing the battle that counts. The outcome is already known.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, I am sure none of this stuff is playtested but the prices with the discount code are not horrible and next to Stalingrad, the Normandy battles are my second fav battles to play in. I just play this game, and want to play on battlefields that are well represented vs the standard geo scenario. Will probably get the Utah Beach stuff next month. Gotta get rid of more of my WotC D&D stuff since they do not like straight white men plsaying their game.

I agree on the maps. I own myself and they're a beauty. Don't know if scenarios are balanced but, as Mark Pitcavage says, when you go through a massive HASL, who the hell cares about balance. I'ts the experience of playing the battle that counts. The outcome is already known.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Ya, I am sure none of this stuff is playtested but the prices with the discount code are not horrible and next to Stalingrad, the Normandy battles are my second fav battles to play in. I just play this game, and want to play on battlefields that are well represented vs the standard geo scenario. Will probably get the Utah Beach stuff next month. Gotta get rid of more of my WotC D&D stuff since they do not like straight white men plsaying their game.
Perhaps it's playtested (official or not): Texas ASL has this resource available: http://texas-asl.com/download/Omaha East West Rewrite.zip As they say: "A number of Texas ASL players have updated the rules for Omaha East West to make a good game even better. Give it a try! ";)

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Oh yea; I received mine a couple of days ago. Still haven’t opened it. Been playing too much.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AP14 in the house from Ritterkrieg. Lots of great looking scenarios, and am very intrigued with the Sparrow Force mini-CG. More scenarios than I know what to do with! I may officially be at my scenario saturation point! Uh...Nah. ;)
+1 to all of the above!
My favorite part of AP are all of the well illustrated ANZAC historical background articles. I especially enjoyed reading and learning from the ones about the Maori units and the Victoria Cross recipients. Truly inspiring stuff.
Took me back to my younger days in the autumn of 1979, and the Kangaroo 3 exercise in Queensland, when I first met some Maori soldiers among the New Zealand troops. I've been intrigued by the Maori and all ANZAC units ever since.

I have been taking a break from ASL for the past several months, however when I start up again, I look forward to the new desert scenarios and the Sparrow Force CG.

This just may be my favorite Journal of all time.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
received a ton of CH goodness today, next will be Journal 14. Selling off all my D&D crap is really helping me to get some kool stuff. The last two pics are the map and scenarios from Port en Bessin. Very nice indeed.

Attachments