What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I got CH magazines 5.2 & 6.1

Two oldies!

Plus a friend of mine got me the 12 scenarios from CH 3.1

They all arrived today, lol. So I have been having a bit of a CH scenario fest as I catch up on the OOP products.

Last week I got 2nd copies of From The Cellar 3 and LFT Mag 10. I wanted two copies of these principally for the counters.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Schwerpunkt 14 - I have friends at ASLOK hopefully picking me up some other items.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Friends at ASLOK picking up for me:

Schwerpunkt #14
Rally Point #3
Friendly Fire #4
Dezign Pak #4

Looking forward to all of them...I'll have to wait until the semester is over to be able to play any of them though. :(

Semper Fi!
Scott

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
* Second copy of Into the Rubble.
* Schwerpunkt #14
* Rally Point #3
* Will buy Friendly Fire #3 and #4 as soon as #4 is available in the states.

Will be playing a cool looking scenario from FF tomorrow where the attackers must cross the length of a board on a mapboard with two boards. Each of the two attacking groups start at the end of one board and get an equal amount of infantry and a bunch of AFVs, but the kicker is that each can only exit from the opposite end of the board they enter.

I'm the defender and the scenario kinda reminds me of Timoschenko's Attack, but played on two boards stuck together instead of three separate boards.

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
West of alamein and AP4, a few months back was BV3, Croix de Guerre, Hollow Legions, AP3, and Armies of Oblivion. Doomed Battalions is on preorder and I'll put the new Pacific module on pre-order when it is announced. (yup - been busy lately)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Got Jeff DeYoung picking up the new stuff at ASLOk for me. Should I be worried he'll spend the money on hookers and drugs instead? :OHNO:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got Jeff DeYoung picking up the new stuff at ASLOk for me. Should I be worried he'll spend the money on hookers and drugs instead? :OHNO:
No...just that the stuff you get might smell/taste like hookers and drugs. :p:laugh:

Semper Fi!
Scott

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NO, not in Cleveland!

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a blasted thing recently. Still waiting on the newist Dispatches from the Bunker.

Before that, in August, I got FtC3. Playing Flying the Flag of Poland right now solo. Quite the bloodbath. Nothing better than a stunned panther with a 6+1 AL.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Not a blasted thing recently. Still waiting on the newist Dispatches from the Bunker.

Before that, in August, I got FtC3. Playing Flying the Flag of Poland right now solo. Quite the bloodbath. Nothing better than a stunned panther with a 6+1 AL.
So you play solo too! Do you VASL or FTF as well?

I don't mind playing solo. I suppose once I've had enough I'll get into VASL.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
The last Operation magazine from MMP, looking for Singling CG.
I received yesterday Friendly Fire 4 pack from Sweden.
Waiting to receive TAP 2 and Retro pack from CH, and also waiting for RP3 and SP14 from Game´s Armory.

Miguel

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Action Pack 4, Operations with Operations Special Issue

Waiting for:

Doomed Battalions v3
ASL Journal 2 re-print

Last edited:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So you play solo too! Do you VASL or FTF as well?

I don't mind playing solo. I suppose once I've had enough I'll get into VASL.
VASL has never worked correctly on our aging computer. I hope someday to get it up and running.

Given my odd and long work hours, my most frequent opponent is myself. The rest of the world is asleep, and I'm playing ASL..

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Given my odd and long work hours, my most frequent opponent is myself. The rest of the world is asleep, and I'm playing ASL..
I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which means I'm asleep sometimes during the day and wide awake sometimes at night. I've spent many a long hour in the middle of the night playing ASL. You've earned my respect by doing the job you do. I think being a policeman must be one of the toughest jobs on the planet, well done! I hope you get respite from your work playing ASL.

What kind of scenarios do you play solo? The fact that you play on your own means you can please yourself and play exactly what you want. What do you go for?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which means I'm asleep sometimes during the day and wide awake sometimes at night. I've spent many a long hour in the middle of the night playing ASL. You've earned my respect by doing the job you do. I think being a policeman must be one of the toughest jobs on the planet, well done! I hope you get respite from your work playing ASL.

What kind of scenarios do you play solo? The fact that you play on your own means you can please yourself and play exactly what you want. What do you go for?
Thank you, you are too kind.

Just about anything. I scenario with a published AAR or its own strategy article- Schwerpunkt-esque, is the most fun. I vary my scenario selection, different areas, time periods.... To keep the game interesting.