What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
In the raffle at Tussle In The Tundra, I won the scenario pack Leatherneck. The pack features scenarios by Steve Swann and others. Ironically, it has an earlier version of BFP56 WHITE BEACH 1, that I just played, under a different name.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Is the ASLSK Expansion pack #3 released with anything other ASL product? I remember hearing there was to be two releases.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
coming soon from Critical Hit all new the ANZAC Action Pak! Women Sheep & a Cow edition with 4000 barren wasteland map panels covering that browneye of a continent down under Australia! & over 6000 counters to represent all sorts of available "love ewes" .... then be sure to get the winterized version of this Action Pack! & ....
Two comments for Mr Psycho: I am concerned with this publication, as a recent member of the Australian Defence Force, I think it will be providing vital intelligence to some of our near and not-so-near neighbours (who seek our "ewes" and rare mineral deposits)
Second point: anybody with a working knowledge of the Australian climate will know that a winterized map of the Australian landscape looks remarkedly similar to the regular map (I suspect this is a dodgy marketing ploy)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy all-

Well got these in the mail today and boy does the art work look fantastic. These are the Gettyburg modules from CH so hopefully maybe next year get this on the table to play.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Got the Starter Kit Expansion Kit #3 yesterday at SPIEL games fair in Essen yesterday (for the geoboards).

Despite SPIEL being the largest games fair in the world (180.000 visitors expected within 4 days), alas, there is not much to show for ASL. The focus is more on Euro games. Still a 'must-visit' every year.

von Marwitz

Jeff Leslie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got the Starter Kit Expansion Kit #3 yesterday at SPIEL games fair in Essen yesterday (for the geoboards).

Despite SPIEL being the largest games fair in the world (180.000 visitors expected within 4 days), alas, there is not much to show for ASL. The focus is more on Euro games. Still a 'must-visit' every year.

von Marwitz
In your second sentence you answered the question I had upon reading your first sentence and that was how much of a presence did ASL have.

I noticed at ASLOK that pretty much everyone there was a Greybeard (myself included...). It seems like ASL isn't attracting the younger players like it did when we were younger.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In your second sentence you answered the question I had upon reading your first sentence and that was how much of a presence did ASL have.

I noticed at ASLOK that pretty much everyone there was a Greybeard (myself included...). It seems like ASL isn't attracting the younger players like it did when we were younger.
Wargames were never big and always a nice in Germany. No comparison to the anglo-american market. This is probably due to our historic background.

On the other hand, what is nowadays called "Euro Games" has always been big in Germany. I have heard, that Euro Games find an increasing popularity in the US for a couple of years now, too.

LARP is also big in Germany. There used to be a bit of LARP stuff at SPIEL, but this has shifted to the RPC (Role Playing Convention) in Cologne, which is also held anually. The world's two largest LARP events (along with many others...) are held in Germany: "Conquest of Mythodea" with 6000 to 8000 participants and Drachenfest with around 5000 participants. And this means no spectators but only dressed up players.

von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

von Marwitz
I used to help a friend out with his store at the Essen Show, was truly amazing !