VASLeague 2023

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RIch Domovic's Americans defeated Paul Schaeffer's Germans in SM4 - Raff's Dilemma.

We stock marketed for sides.

Germans setup on hill edge, my Amis came up the middle road, save one Sherman with 667 rider far east and one Sherman with 8-0/667 through west grainfield.

German fell back to middle board road behind long bocage hedge. My Ami advanced on hill turn two.

The two wide Shermans looked down the road at each other, making that defense line untenable. The german guns were back on the hill covering the brittle ( ELR 2) retreating 447s and 436s.

No german PF shots hit, one Sherman bogged and the overmatched guns destroyed one Sherman.

That allowed the Ami firepower to break, ELR and CC the germans over turns 3-6 for a relatively easy mop up operation.

Enjoyed my inital playing with Paul.

Last edited:

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know when this round is supposed to end, but I've pretty much given up on hearing from my opponent.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been paired with a "Tom Jazbutis" in the next round. I foresee this taking a while. Before we even get to the Scenario Selection Phase, there's Parliamentary Rules of Order to hash out, Rights and Appurtanences to get assign, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Not to mention global Pay-Per-View percentages, book deals, lawyer fees, medical histories... the mind boggles.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I have been paired with a "Tom Jazbutis" in the next round. I foresee this taking a while. Before we even get to the Scenario Selection Phase, there's Parliamentary Rules of Order to hash out, Rights and Appurtanences to get assign, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Not to mention global Pay-Per-View percentages, book deals, lawyer fees, medical histories... the mind boggles.
When the going get's weird, the weird go pro....

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lawyer fees? You have my attention!

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Dare to be great....

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
Looking for John Bock:
John I sent an email response to your email on the 22nd. Please check your spam folder and let me know if you have it or not.
If you're just busy, no problem.
Thanks!
--Sven

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ernie and I are playing J207 Unhorsed. I have just sent my German setup. Lots of 658s behind bocage, clogging up a half-board width looks tough for the Americans, esp attacking with 2/3 666s and with vehicles that will be tough to bring to bear, but 7 turns and lots of firepower may reverse that first look. I travel to Germany next week, so we'll get this going once I am back, sadly only a week later.

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Dough Leslie and I are playing J243 "Sore Thumbs" with me as the attacking Americans - looking forward to play this one.
Michael

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry Rohlfing and William Willow paired off in Shoulder to Shoulder, J212. Larry prevailed in the scenario by having more CVP and exiting 10 EVP off the board.

John Garlic

Reaction score
Weslaco, Republic of the Rio Grande, Texas
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
John Garlic's Russians eked out a win against Don Holland's Germans in FrF 40 (Sporck's Eleven). Excellent scenario. The battle raged back and was tight until the end. A fortuitous self rally for the Russians, along with an ESB allow the Russians to pull it out by the skin of their teeth afetr a vicious German counterattack.