WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of preparing the VASLeague 2023. If you participated in the Ersatz VASLeague 2022 (and didn't ask me to remove you and didn't have too many forfeits), you will be automatically part of the VASLeague 2023. I will publish the list of participants soon.
If you want to join, or just learn about the VASLeague, you can visit the new homepage (still under construction, but the relevant information is there): https://www.vasleague.de
The new season will start January 2023.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Here's the preliminary list of participants for the VASLeague 2023! There probably will be some minor adjustments in the Euro/Oceanic and Second Line League, but TOP, EAST and WEST League should be set.

TOP League:
Lionel Colin​
Paul Chamberland​
Paul Lauger​
Boudrenghien​
Martin Vicca​
Ernie Cameron​
David Haasl​
Rich Domovic​
Jason Wert​
Craig Houliston​
Stewart King​
Jeff Wasserman​
Paul Schaeffer​
Felipe Zavala​
Jay Dragonetti​
Joe Arthur​

EAST League:
Jack Boyle​
Michael Klautky​
Jim Fardette​
Rob Arrieta​
Andy Goldin​
James Taylor​
Patrick Palma​
Mike Augustine​
Steve Anderson​
John Bock​
Chuck Tewksbury​
Brian Wiersma​
Ken Dunn​
John Otrompke​
Neal Ekengren​
Bruce Stevenson​

WEST League:
Jason Burnette​
Donald Holland​
Steffen Knippel​
David Rosner​
John Lehman​
David Goldman​
William Willow​
Larry Rohlfing​
Roy Johanson​
John F. Garlic​
James Waterhouse​
Nathan Stapf​

EURO/OCEANIC League:
Kåre Jacobsen​
Juan Santacruz​
Sandro Coriasco​
Alex Koestler​
Magnus Rimvall​
Kris Koch​
Luca Martini​
Robert Leclerc​
Marc Hanna​
Asad Rustum​
Sebastian Hummel​
Michal Sedlacko​
Kalle Widell​
Tony Gibson​
Ian Ainsworth​

Second Line League:
Fabio Mazzucchelli​
Steve Worrel​
Ernst Knauth​
Jeremy Busby​
John Mcloughlin​
Tuomo Lukkari​
James Kelly​
Helms Jörn​
Eben Johnson​
Toze Santos​
Armin Deppe​
Bruno Javanabal​
Jim Manfredi​
Herbert Heyman​
Pierce Mason​
Steve Slunt​
Frank J Costanzo​
Marten Jan Ringers​
Johan Vrijdaghs​
Tom Jazbutis​
Mika Harviala​
Oyvind J Bjorkas​
Roy Connelly​
Pascal Boileau​
Adrian Carter​
Andy Bagley​
Bruno Vazquez​
Burnie Hegdahl​
Björn Lorenzen​
Sebastiano Caltabiano​
Euan Denniston​
Stephen Stewart​
Andy Beaton​
Jim Bishop​
Tobias Deißler​
David Ready​
Burnell Hegdahl​
Honus​
Tom Repetti​
Camille Goureau​
Oleksii Tarasenko​
Ryan Ellett​
Michael Hastrup-Leth​
Jeff Howell​

Last edited:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
If you aren't on the list and want to join, read the rules (at least the TL;DR version): http://www.vasleague.de/cgi-bin/vasleague.cgi?link=rules
Then send me a message containing:
  • Your name (noms de guerre are allowed, real names are encouraged). This name will be published.
  • Your email address. This will not be published and only given to your opponents so you can organize your games.
  • (Optional) Your nationality in ISO 3166 (for example: US, UK, DE, IT, AU, ...)
  • Your time zone, as deviation in hours from UTC/GMT (for example, if you live on the US East coast: -5; or +1 for Germany).
If you want to be nice and save me work, put this into one line separated by semicolons.
Example:
Max Mustermann;max@mustermann.de;DE;+1

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's quite a big list for the Second Line League - very spread out, geographically. Any chance of forming some geography-based leagues from there?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
The plan is to teach my algorithm to prefer pairings with similar time zones if all other things are equal (or almost equal).That should alleviate the need to split up the SLL.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
That's quite a big list for the Second Line League - very spread out, geographically. Any chance of forming some geography-based leagues from there?
hi, Tuomo.
Back in the days when I run VASLeague, the huge spread out geographical and by skill level of the Second Line League was created and allowed by purpose despite many asked for changes to arrange games more easily. At that time The Second Line League was filled by players often not too interested to compete seriously and at their best. Besides VASLeague did not need to extend the range of the players allowed beyond a certain limit. No reason to use everywhere the red carpet and white gloves! I had to protect the fun of the gentlemen playing by years at the TOP level believing in this project since the beginning (year 2006). For this reason, when numbers exploded, I purposely created this "bottom level" with several specific rules like (for example immediate cancellation in case of a single forfeit). This to create a "dirty league" where only the best and really motivated players survive and - eventually - gain the promotion to the higher levels.
I see that VASLeague today is still healthy without me. This means that it was a successfull format and who took my place is making an excellent job.

Last edited:

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Morning,
I will not be participating in the 2023 league. Good luck to all the participants.
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

Tony Gibson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tobias

Thanks again for organising this.
Just for info, I received an e-mail today from Marc Hanna advising me that we were playing in Round 1, but I haven't had an e-mail from you yet.
(I have checked my spam folder).

Tony Gibson

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Likewise, I’ve not received an email advising me of my opponent

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Around half a dozen emails didn't get through. I suspect that's a problem on my end, but I'm on the road and won't be able to look into it this week. If your opponent did get an email and contacted you, just start playing.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I have re-send a bunch of emails manually and didn't get an error message (yet). If in a few hours you still have received nothing (please also check your spam folder and whitelist me), please write me an email: info@vasleague.de

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Just sayin'
A simple discord server with appropriate channels can make the communication far simpler than emails.