BFP 3: Blood and Jungle

kilometers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blood&Jungle made it through all the snow to North Dakota today (my buddy called to say he got his today as well). Beautiful, just beautiful. Have just started going through it all. Great job, BFP. Worth every nickle.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Your Great great great great great grandparents should of had the forsight to come over to the colonies.
Some of them did in fact. It's just they picked the wrong one. Or to be more exact was theiving barstools and ended up in Australia!!!

I have some Canadian Familey but they are relegious nuts so don't want to stay with them.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
BFP has arrived in California...during some of the heaviest rains that we have seen in years...neither waterspouts, tornados, hail, flooding, power outages, mudslides, nor torrential rains shall keep new ASL product from reaching it's customer!!!

To whoever at BFP that is responsible for packing and shipping these out...thank you, thank you, thank you for wrapping the product in SHRINK WRAP...my wife cam home today to find the express mail envelope lying half in a puddle of water...she wisely assumed that there was an ASL product inside and quickly ripped open the wet envelope to try to save the contents from further damage...luckily the shrink wrap saved me from having a $104 bowl of paper mush. Some minor warping of the boards and scenarios cards, but the counters appear to be undammaged.

What a close call!!! :cry::nuts::laugh: I owe my wife a nice present for her quick thinking!

Semper Fi!
Scott
You owe the postal service a swift kick in it's nut bag!!!

I think I prefer waiting a few days more, than getting in Yank style. That's about 4 out of 10ish that have said corners bent or what not.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I noticed a rule saying that Kachin units could not use 5/8" counter weapons. FYI, you may want to re-think this, as the Kachins used 81mm mortars and 4.2" chemical mortars.
This may be true, but my primary reference (US Army History) says otherwise. Reference: Romanus & Sunderland, "Time Runs Out in CBI", US Army in World War II, Center of Military History, US Army, Washington, DC.
In any case, I make no apology as I did the best I could with the information available to me at the time of writing. And that is all anybody can do... their best at the time with what they have.
Of course, an SSR could always easily rectify this-or-it could be mitigated by having Kachin OBA with the appropriate calibre OBA.

As an aside, what a stunning package BJ is!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Normally I'm pretty dismissive about the rep thing... but its very hard to get to 100 these days. Soprry if I come over too pleased with myself.

Looks like my B&J was only sent today. Shame. I have a big get together at my place on Sunday next and I was going to show it to the scousers.

Still, as long as I get it...

Last edited:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Normally I'm pretty dismissive about the rep thing... but its very hard to get to 100 these days. Soprry if I come over too pleased with myself.

Looks like my B&J was only sent today. Shame. I have a big get together at my place on Sunday next and I was going to show it to the scousers.

Still, as long as I get it...
BFP did you a favour, one of them would only nick it anyway!:clown:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK it's now beyound a joke. I have broke my car (again) seems the stearing and cruise control computer is playing games (it was blowing headlight bulbs and crusecontrol was switching off) but also started to pull to left or right when I accelarated!!! Seems I will be without it for at least the rest of the week. So I book a train for my outward journey. 5 hours and no changes on route but I could drive it FASTER, no kidding if the roads are fair I would get their faster in the car.

Soooooooooooooooooooo I REALLY NEED THE POSTIE TO BRING MY B & J.

I will know in the next two hours if I am lucky. Otherwise I may find myself without much to do on a very boring journey!!!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
B&J reached Oxford this afternoon. I'm very impressed. Thankyou Royal Mail and BFP. I've got a great brand new ASL product.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
B&J reached Oxford this afternoon. I'm very impressed. Thankyou Royal Mail and BFP. I've got a great brand new ASL product.
Jan you git!!!!!!!!!!!

Last post before I set off till the weekend and no BJ for me. The near 6 hour journey to Plymouth will be very long and quite sad.

Give me a few weeks and I will start to talk to you again mate

Ian

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Mark has his already, a week since WO ended, then where is the write-up on the DM site?

Or is he showing a lack of interest in such a wonderful product?

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
He's probably still going through it, inhaling the awesomeness that is BFP3. That or he's gonna piss all over it because it has two black counters.:laugh: