What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not one or the other, no. :)

I guess my original post was unclear on that point. I'm just wondering if I should even bother, given the amount of product out there, hence the request for advice. My supply of money (like most people's) is not unlimited.
:cool:
I've heard it has some excellent scenarios; the map is beautiful and the terrain is pretty much unique in ASLdom; and there's nothing quite like the beach landing aspect of a BRT CG, even though I agree that once the Marines get ashore in force it gets rather dull.

If your money forces you to choose between this and VotG, I'd go with VotG. If not, I'd say $72 is not a bad deal. IMO, in the sea of product that's available, BRT still fills a pretty unique niche. The only question is whether it's a niche that interests you.

John

bellnote88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you all for your help. :)

If this thread is still alive in a few days, I will let you know what happened.

:salute:

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello all,hope everybody is feeling good and playing nice(looks like it)
My most recent ASL purchase; YANKS! ($35) for a new friend that I am pressing into the Hobby. Also bought a ziplock bag of counters from Partisan and Last Hurrah ($6). Works out to be two full sets(I love to play Minors,Axis or Allied).
Still waiting (patiently) for DB
Desperate for a copy of WoA or FKaC(anybody willing to help?)I don't seem to be willing to bid the winning bid on EBAY! Aaargh!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Gamers Armory has got the new ASLOK releases in stock now. So I ordered:
Total Axis Pack 2
Retro Pack 1
Schwerpunkt 14
Rally Point 3
Friendly Fire 4

I can't really afford them so I've arranged with my family for them to be Christmas presents; so when they arrive they are to be put away till the xmas holiday.

Oh and Glennbo said he would send me DP4 because I did some playtesting for it.

Not a bad little catch! :)

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh and Glennbo said he would send me DP4 because I did some playtesting for it.
You did some extremely valuable playtesting on the most difficult and largest scenario. Plus you kept us constantly updated during a harsh deadline with PHOTOS of your progress! You EARNED your Dezign Pak 4 pal. Thanks! :hail: :thumup:

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You did some extremely valuable playtesting on the most difficult and largest scenario. Plus you kept us constantly updated during a harsh deadline with PHOTOS of your progress! You EARNED your Dezign Pak 4 pal. Thanks! :hail: :thumup:
Cheers Glennbo! I enjoyed playtesting that one. I'm glad you think I've earned a free DP4. I'll stop being so modest, lol.

Have you sent it yet? ;)

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd be curious to read some AARs from players who seem to know so much about "bug hunt" problems with the later game of BRT CGs. Certainly no worse than Stalingrad HASL CGs where the Russians have to be blown off the map for the Germans to win. ;)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I'd be curious to read some AARs from players who seem to know so much about "bug hunt" problems with the later game of BRT CGs. Certainly no worse than Stalingrad HASL CGs where the Russians have to be blown off the map for the Germans to win. ;)
Well said portal - good point which is very true!

What is it with ASL players and their dislike of 'bug hunts'? Stalingrad is a *huge* bug hunt; which is why it is such fun. I'll warrent you that it is a DYNAMIC bug hunt, but it is very similar to Japanese/American bug hunts.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well said portal - good point which is very true!

What is it with ASL players and their dislike of 'bug hunts'? Stalingrad is a *huge* bug hunt; which is why it is such fun. I'll warrent you that it is a DYNAMIC bug hunt, but it is very similar to Japanese/American bug hunts.
That's so frickin' cool! I started to write about how, "I wouldn't characterize Stalingrad as one huge bug hunt...". Then I realized that we may not all have the same definition of what a bug hunt is, and then I started to wonder what I mean when I say it. So I ended up doing a Google search on "bug hunt" and "meaning" to see what other people think it means, and what did I come up with?

A Gamesquad thread... about "bug hunts"... last updated just two hours ago.

Turns out it's the new topic Honza just started (which I hadn't noticed yet) asking about what we mean by the term "bug hunt"!

I just feel like we're so... well... cutting edge all of a sudden...

John

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That's so frickin' cool! I started to write about how, "I wouldn't characterize Stalingrad as one huge bug hunt...". Then I realized that we may not all have the same definition of what a bug hunt is, and then I started to wonder what I mean when I say it. So I ended up doing a Google search on "bug hunt" and "meaning" to see what other people think it means, and what did I come up with?

A Gamesquad thread... about "bug hunts"... last updated just two hours ago.

Turns out it's the new topic Honza just started (which I hadn't noticed yet) asking about what we mean by the term "bug hunt"!

I just feel like we're so... well... cutting edge all of a sudden...

John

HaHaHa, LOL. John thats a classic. Now all you have to do is answer the other thread, telling us what you think a bug hunt is. I have not looked yet, but you may have voted already.

Cheers, ;)

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Guys, I just realized I have too much ASL stuff. :upset:

No wife factor involved. I'll be keeping my pre-orders for DB3 and the Map Bundle, as well as renewing my DftB subscription. However, I need to play through this stuff I already have. And I play once a week as it is! :)

happyj

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Portal

I am willing to stand in the void for you. I do have a spousal unit involved but, have plenty of space if you need to move the overstock.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, I just realized I have too much ASL stuff. :upset:

No wife factor involved. I'll be keeping my pre-orders for DB3 and the Map Bundle, as well as renewing my DftB subscription. However, I need to play through this stuff I already have. And I play once a week as it is! :)
Its ok. Just go lay down and take a nap. Then you'll want more stuff tomorrow. remember- rehab is for quitters.

bellnote88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of lucky finds: Imperial Hobbies has at least one copy of Blood Reef Tarawa. It was at the top of my list, but I have decided to pass it up.

I'm waiting for the CH Belin module to become available again. I'm not sure at all about VotG since I already have Red Barricades; how many Stalingrad modules do you need?

I'm also looking at CH's Stonne module. I would get Carnage at Cassino above any of the others, but I don't think I could deal with that map!

bellnote88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How lucky can you get?

I pass on BRT to save money for something else.

This morning I cancelled my order.

This afternoon Dave Lamb announces Pointe du Hoc is back in print, but only 150 copies.

I order my copy. WOHOOO!!

I only wish my dice rolls were this lucky! :nuts:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

GeoffC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got A Bridge Too Far (minus the counters) from Gamer's
Armory for $36.30 including shipping.

Woohoo!

Pretty sure they're already out.

Geoff

bellnote88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep. I had my eye on that one, too. Glad you were one of the lucky ones - those are GONE. I think they still have the map for sale (at least, it was listed this morning).