What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sounds that you have been so reckless to try... :D

von Marwitz
Am with Proff, tried it over in Sweden, or at least I tried to but the godawful stench made me throw up first, which in hind site smelt much better!

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sounds that you have been so reckless to try... :D

von Marwitz
Yep exercise up in Norway with the ARC, smell almost made me chuck up, then the first mouthful and I turned into the little girl from the Exorcist and projectile vomited all over my Oppo's Bergan, very messy.

I am with Olli on this, I would rather eat my own puke than that crap, how some do eat it is beyond me.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Eaten outdoors, upwind in a strong breeze apparently...don't think I'd want to try.
The worst I've smelled was restaurant grease trap, which smells like rotten bodies (which it essentially is).

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Eaten outdoors, upwind in a strong breeze apparently...don't think I'd want to try.
The worst I've smelled was restaurant grease trap, which smells like rotten bodies (which it essentially is).
Knocked out T-55's in Iraq were bad if the crew had not got out( mix of burnt metal and pork with POL overtones), but I think the Grease trap would tip it just, sounds disgusting.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ordered the black SS nationality counter set from CH.
Waiting on ITR2 to arrive from Derek Ritter and HOB Operation Merkur from Don Pawley at Enterprise Games.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A good year so far...
Complete set of Lone Canuck scenario packs, WO '17, Journal 12, and ITR 2
Final order to arrive maybe Monday. Then time to take a break and contemplate the next purchases (as well as replenish the money stash)
Sometimes its just the little surprises... My latest order arrived in the mail today, a day early.

SHAMLESS PLUG... I have been buying ASL products from THE GAMERS ARMORY for years now. NEVER an issue, excellent service. I get all my foreign (LFT, Lone Canuck) and most of my TPP products through him. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
All from SCG, one duplicate omitted due to it's inclusion would have tipped a postal weight limit, it will be sent with my next order. Arrived this morning.

1 x RB divider set
2 x J12
1 (of 2) x WO 8/2017
2 x ITR2

I have had only the most cursory look at everything, but any lingering doubts about buying ITR2 when I already have ITR have died squealing.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All from SCG, one duplicate omitted due to it's inclusion would have tipped a postal weight limit, it will be sent with my next order. Arrived this morning.

1 x RB divider set
2 x J12
1 (of 2) x WO 8/2017
2 x ITR2

I have had only the most cursory look at everything, but any lingering doubts about buying ITR2 when I already have ITR have died squealing.
Yeah, I agree. I am waiting for the VASL maps to play a couple.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received ITR 2 and will be purchasing WO 7 & J12 real soon.

Leaves me with purchasing Yanks 2 and I am totally up to date with almost all of the new(er) ASL releases

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I finally got around to buying the SP stuff from ASLOk, after getting the WO stuff ninja-shopped and ITR2 stoking my fire.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
As an addendum to my previous post, I had an hour or two to yesterday to do a quick at a few items and have decided to give a quick unboxing review. I hopefully will later comment on ITR2 in BFP's section.

ASLRB divider set, well what can you say, you likely have it already and decide a spare is a good idea.

Journal 12. The new style paper and cards have reached an optimum in my opinion. Matt and thus easy to read, pages thick enough to reduce the risk of tearing. I hope MMP stick to this. A fair number have commented upon the overall smaller than usual size and that is understandable. However I am happy with this. There was a long gap between J10 and J11 and having J12 come out without the same delay is nice. I suppose age has something to do with it, but having my ASL rations in bite size chunks makes it easier to digest than one big lump. Something like having food in two small meals being less likely to leave leftovers than having it served in one big choker. YMMV.

WO8/2017: As a solo player, I usually I don't comment on scenarios, but I was glad to see a couple of scenarios concerning the '41 Dubno operation which though long neglected or under appreciated (likely due to the then chaotic situation and lack of or loss of original documentation especially on the Soviet side), look like to have been the largest tank battle of WW2. However my first interest on opening was the board. OK, a big village/town board, quite a nice one, but don't we have enough as a percentage already? OK, it's got a stream which is always welcome, we're not over endowed with streams. Soooo, I'll give give it 3 of 0 to 5 stars. Hold on a minute, the stream is at the edge of the town and there is only one bridge if you are coming to or from the GG end and with the building and hill would be a very slow approach for a vehicle without a side abutting board if the stream is impassible/deep. So for possible interesting tactical conundrums I upgrade that to a 4 star. While the last half dozen boards effectively earned 4+ stars automatically due to doing things like a length wide stream or massive orchards which were scarce in ASL, this board did it through subtly.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I wholeheartedly agree that the new Journal format is excellent.
Quality is also top notch.