Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just ordered a copy of Tigers in the Mud, been after it for waaay to many years! and ouch!

vette114

Lurker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished clipping and sorting my info markers yesterday. AAR on the scenario I finished last night, and then got my copy of Yanks from Alex Key. Wow so much ASL to look forward to.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Twiddling my thumbs waiting for my FB to arrive. Will be playtesting a MMP scenario on Friday. I'm the Chinese and will be setting up the defense. Have Trenches, Mines, Wire, Pillboxes and one Dug-In tank.

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
Played through 2 log files. Verified that for once, I actually DID remember a few rules - maybe with a year of PBEM play, by this time next year, I'll actually get through a game again WITHOUT any major rules flubs...:D. Wished something akin to ASLOK was in Lubbock so I could take a week off without having to make "travel arrangements" and play ASL 5-7 days in a row. Saw the Game Room thread...got jealous, then happy for those guys (I'm sure they deserve rooms that cool - most of the guys here are awesome enough for that) :D. Didn't register anyone for the eASLeague for the second day in a row (59 entries so far...excellent turnout).

Yesterday I revised the rules doc some and played through 2 more log files.

No all-day counter cutting parties or marathon ASL sessions for me...still...it's more ASL than I had at any given point last year. For that, I am grateful. This is looking to be a pretty good year.

Josh

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been doing my taxes for 2011....

I know, I'm a "heretic" for posting here.....

But I also taught my grand-daughters to yell "Rate" throughout the house.... It was enough to put them both on "time-out" by their mother...... That's alright, they got an ice cream sandwich from G-pa to devour while we watched "Dora the Explorer" from Nickjr.com

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It is a book from JJ Fedorowicz, Publishers OOP for many years and now costs around $250 if you can find one! ;-)
There is a Stackpole Books edition for about $22. Seems to be still available.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've been doing my taxes for 2011....

I know, I'm a "heretic" for posting here.....

But I also taught my grand-daughters to yell "Rate" throughout the house.... It was enough to put them both on "time-out" by their mother...... That's alright, they got an ice cream sandwich from G-pa to devour while we watched "Dora the Explorer" from Nickjr.com

Sorry, it's My Little Pony or GTFO.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setup the mapboard for an upcoming playtest. Kudos to the unknown designer. Breathed new life into boards 12 and 13 with three overlays (including OW1) and by restricting the playing area to rows G thru EE. Plus, the SK style 12 and 13 are sooooo much nicer than the old ones. Always happy to see a combined arms Chinese/Japanese scenario where both sides get AFVs and lots of different toys.

It's not too big and not too small. You're gonna like this one.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Setup the mapboard for an upcoming playtest. Kudos to the unknown designer. Breathed new life into boards 12 and 13 with three overlays (including OW1) and by restricting the playing area to rows G thru EE. Plus, the SK style 12 and 13 are sooooo much nicer than the old ones. Always happy to see a combined arms Chinese/Japanese scenario where both sides get AFVs and lots of different toys.

It's not too big and not too small. You're gonna like this one.
That the one with a bunch of pillboxes? I think I saw that at WO...looked good to me, too.

S