Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Had a good ASL Sunday.

Worked on a brand new scenario design for a bit......mainly on the SSR and setup/entry instructions.

Then drove over to Steve Webbers place and we completed our game of Hell For The Holidays. Excellent design, as usual, mr Shelling.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
made it my goal to play a scenario with my 12 yr. old son and make it go to the last turn/CC. It did and he won!! He really enjoyed it and wants to play again soon.

Stll trainning my daughter. See you in the future!!...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Played two and a half turns of "The Last Bid". We had a hoot. The Germans storming down from the north hit our strong point and came to a halt, but took it after some monster fire group attacks and hand to hand combat.

I the south the game swung back and forth as fortunes favoured each turn. His OBA rubbled one hex of our strong point, while ours, 120mm harrassing fire, broke up his attack on the second factory. A ten shot ROF string with a HMG opened a gap in his line, which a single 628 has exploited, and I got to do my first sewer movement ever, I mean in 20 years ever!

This is what ASL should be!

CraigBenn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yesterday...I won the UK Heroes tournament after defeating my arch rival Mark Blackmore and going 7-0 overall.
I also played some nice people and Marshall Mathers ( I mean Martin Mayers). Mr Intensive Fire...my arse...bottom feeding mutha....

Seriously fellah thanks for stopping Mr Bunce in his tracks so the pressure was off for the fifth round.
Unfortunately Mr Bunce let us all down by losing to Mark in the play-offs so that Mark got the runners up prize.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yesterday...I won the UK Heroes tournament after defeating my arch rival Mark Blackmore and going 7-0 overall.
I also played some nice people and Marshall Mathers ( I mean Martin Mayers). Mr Intensive Fire...my arse...bottom feeding mutha....

Seriously fellah thanks for stopping Mr Bunce in his tracks so the pressure was off for the fifth round.
Unfortunately Mr Bunce let us all down by losing to Mark in the play-offs so that Mark got the runners up prize.
intentionaly blank!!

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ordered some more packs, ordered more books and sent out some scans, more scans going out tonight, Dice , RAACO and rules sections being posted in three weeks time when i get home!! Oh the postings will be after I open up my copies of FB the CH ammo boxes, and Xaviers package with replacement counters thats all awaiting my arrival home.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played two and a half turns of "The Last Bid". We had a hoot. The Germans storming down from the north hit our strong point and came to a halt, but took it after some monster fire group attacks and hand to hand combat.

I the south the game swung back and forth as fortunes favoured each turn. His OBA rubbled one hex of our strong point, while ours, 120mm harrassing fire, broke up his attack on the second factory. A ten shot ROF string with a HMG opened a gap in his line, which a single 628 has exploited, and I got to do my first sewer movement ever, I mean in 20 years ever!

This is what ASL should be!
Playing First Bid currently and my Russian D1F generated the 5th German hero/battle harden combination in 3.5 turns. I'm now of the opinion that the role of my Russians is for the entire ob to concede entire map and enter tunnels to prepare for counterattack when my reinforcements arrive. Conscripts just don't move fast enough on this map hehe. Doesn't help that by the top of 4 all German reinf. have now entered...yep Germ DR 3 to bring on the rest of this rowdy crew.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playing First Bid currently and my Russian D1F generated the 5th German hero/battle harden combination in 3.5 turns. I'm now of the opinion that the role of my Russians is for the entire ob to concede entire map and enter tunnels to prepare for counterattack when my reinforcements arrive. Conscripts just don't move fast enough on this map hehe. Doesn't help that by the top of 4 all German reinf. have now entered...yep Germ DR 3 to bring on the rest of this rowdy crew.
One viable Russian defense in The First Bid is to complain incessantly (starting on Turn 1) about the bad luck you are experiencing.

Many German players will eventually get overconfident and allow you back in the game by making stupid mistakes.

Happened to Paulus, too.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mentally preparing for my VotG CG IV September 20th night counterattack I'm going to launch. This will probably be a last-ditch effort to turn the tide of invading Germans.

But I have a few tricks up my sleeve to surprise my opponent. Hi Charlie...:ciao:

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mentally preparing for my VotG CG IV September 20th night counterattack I'm going to launch. This will probably be a last-ditch effort to turn the tide of invading Germans.

But I have a few tricks up my sleeve to surprise my opponent. Hi Charlie...:ciao:
I remember doing a night 70+ squad Human Wave that was preceded by two SMG Companies moving under the front lines awaiting two Katusha Barrages that started the entire thing rolling.

One of the best times Ive ever had playing ASL.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just donated a modest sum to Don from the "Donate Now" button.