Optimism for 2008 ASL

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Of course, how could i forget Strategic Vision? I demand Strategic Vision"

Don't forget the progessive paradigm. No horsesh*t mission statement can make do without use of the word "paradigm".

...Nor synergy

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am optomistic that the following will occur in 2008:

My wife will get pissed at my ASL play, but then get over it...again and again and again.
I will spend a lot of my "discretionary funds" buying more ASL stuff that I won't have time to play before I die.
VOTG will be released...aproximately one week after it's release, everyone will then rally 'round the "where's the map bundle/HP/AP/J2/etc." bandwagon and accuse MMP of resting on their laurels.
Pittman will be called pompous/arrogant/sanctimonious at least 6 times.
Portal will continue to rant about MMP ad nauseum.
Psycho will sink to a new low and begin to feature "hot amputees" in his avatar (forget fisting, stumping is the new rage).
The VASL dicebot will continue to piss me off.
My own dice will continue to piss me off.

All in all, it should be quite a fun ASL year. :laugh:

Semper Fi!
Scott

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I know your joking around Scott, but even in jest saying I love the SS can be misconstrued by a few knuckleheads around here as being fact. So please delete the referemce to me and the SS.

Thank dude

Scott

I am optomistic that the following will occur in 2008:

My wife will get pissed at my ASL play, but then get over it...again and again and again.
I will spend a lot of my "discretionary funds" buying more ASL stuff that I won't have time to play before I die.
VOTG will be released...aproximately one week after it's release, everyone will then rally 'round the "where's the map bundle/HP/AP/J2/etc." bandwagon and accuse MMP of resting on their laurels.
Pittman will be called pompous/arrogant/sanctimonious at least 6 times.
Holst will be accused of being a SS-lover.
Portal will continue to rant about MMP ad nauseum.
Psycho will sink to a new low and begin to feature "hot amputees" in his avatar (forget fisting, stumping is the new rage).
The VASL dicebot will continue to piss me off.
My own dice will continue to piss me off.

All in all, it should be quite a fun ASL year. :laugh:

Semper Fi!
Scott

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I know your joking around Scott, but even in jest saying I love the SS can be misconstrued by a few knuckleheads around here as being fact. So please delete the referemce to me and the SS.

Thank dude

Scott
Done...no offense was intended, meant as a joke at those quick to dog-pile on "touchy" subjects...but I completely understand about it being misconstrued possibly.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"I love the SS can be misconstrued by a few knuckleheads around here as being fact"

ERRATA to King Scott's post:

"Holst will be accused of being a SS-lover"

Replace entire sentence with "Holst will display an unhealthy fascination with the SS and all it's derivatives, primarily as a mode to freak people out and generally stir the pot"

:)

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Darrell...I gotta agree with Scott here...even joking, it *could* serve to reinforce people's perceptions, and I don't want to be a party to that, so I deleted it. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have been called a "nazi" or "nazi lover" simply because I chose to study WWII...so I completely understand where Scott is coming from.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm gonna be poor this year. Bounding Fire is back with what looks like a good product. There were hints on Consimworld that HOB is coming out with Crete soon and LTF 11 is around the corner I beleive. And that is just the beginning of January:clap::clap::scream::scream::clap::clap:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm gonna be poor this year. Bounding Fire is back with what looks like a good product. There were hints on Consimworld that HOB is coming out with Crete soon and LTF 11 is around the corner I beleive. And that is just the beginning of January:clap::clap::scream::scream::clap::clap:
George,

Time to sell your "Time Shares" to keep up with ALL the ASL stuff coming out in '08.:clown:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George,

Time to sell your "Time Shares" to keep up with ALL the ASL stuff coming out in '08.:clown:
Funny you should say that. My Aunt who also lives in Orlando recently gave me a call about her Time Shares. Seems a company called her about "selling them" She wanted me to do some back ground on the companies. I told her not to go to the meeting as they would offer to take the Time Shares off her hands if She paid Them. She went anyway and sure enought I was right. I pitty the fool who tries to cross my Aunt who is known in the family as the Wicked Witch of the South

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally i think it's irresponsible of MMP not to publish a Mission Statement.

How is MMP going to acheive that special synergy without a proper Mission Statment, as well as effective customer communications and relations management?

I'm outraged!
Well, I'm outraged looking at that horrific avatar of yours-couldn't one of the cuties have worn the newest MMP O'er the shoulder thong?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...... What are you, a Republican? Or what?
It is not the little "D" or "R" that is the measure of a man, it is the breadth of his ideals and vision. Politics, like religion, is marred not by itself in being, but by those who practice them.

So sayeth one who could be labeled "Liberally Conservative" :D

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Optimism for 2008 ASL

Well, if the last four days are any indication with Into the Rubble and LfT #11 being announced for release then 2008 is going to be a great year.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
CRETE? Do tell, do tell! First I heard of this.
I believe that it includes...

Paradrops, Glider landings & Air Assault troops on an historical map of the Maleme Airfield. Scenarios on historical maps as well as geo boards. New counters.

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
>Optimism for 2008 ASL

Well, if the last four days are any indication with Into the Rubble and LfT #11 being announced for release then 2008 is going to be a great year.
True to my word, I bought AoO and instead of Mags, I ended up getting CdG. I figure, with all the scenarios Rob and I have between us, I needed the counters more. Even if that's all I get this year (besides VotG), it'll be a great year for ASL for me...

The rest of you can have whatever attitude about it you choose. We're all adults here....Theoretically...:D

- Josh

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>True to my word, I bought AoO and instead of Mags, I ended up getting CdG.

Sweet. Are there any core modules left that you are missing?