Optimism for 2008 ASL

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

What have you heard that is in the production pipeline to be produced for us in 2008?

All products and their producers should be listed in this thread. So I can make plans on what to purchase in 2008.

:clown:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm genuinely stoked for what Dave L's CH team will be up to in 2008. Hopefully (and it's reasonable to be hopeful with these guys), we will see Nishi Ridge, Bloody Omaha, and Ruweisat Ridge 2nd Ed. all by the end of the year. And there's other stuff on the radar too, for those who are keen.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
All,

What have you heard that is in the production pipeline to be produced for us in 2008?

All products and their producers should be listed in this thread. So I can make plans on what to purchase in 2008.

:clown:
Valor Of The Guards :rolleyes:

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite (undoubtedly) the soon to be posted responses of several naysayers on this forum, I am quite optimistic for 2008 and beyond. The addition of extra layout folks proved its merit with VOTG (I imagine Tom and other proofing crew could verify this) and promises to (finally) unclog the pipeline.

Coupled with nothing ASL going on P# until it is ready to ship to the printer, we fully expect that 2008 clears out the queue.

We relish the thought of complaints about nothing ASL on the preorder list as we anticipate that ASL items go up, hit relatively quickly, and are gone 2-6 weeks later (depending on contents of the item).

At least that is how we envision it working.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite (undoubtedly) the soon to be posted responses of several naysayers on this forum, I am quite optimistic for 2008 and beyond. The addition of extra layout folks proved its merit with VOTG (I imagine Tom and other proofing crew could verify this) and promises to (finally) unclog the pipeline.

Coupled with nothing ASL going on P# until it is ready to ship to the printer, we fully expect that 2008 clears out the queue.

We relish the thought of complaints about nothing ASL on the preorder list as we anticipate that ASL items go up, hit relatively quickly, and are gone 2-6 weeks later (depending on contents of the item).

Thanks Brian for the update. :clown:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

If (when, rather) it works out as you envision, how can there possibly be naysayers? This is how everyone envisioned it working - I can't imagine anyone not looking forward to it becoming a reality. What can we do to help beyond what we've done already (i.e. given you our cc info?)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clearly you don't read many of the posts on this forum. :p

Chris :clown:
Allow me to rephrase...:D

How about "credible" naysayers?

Seriously, if stuff will ship within 2 months of the P# being hit, that is certainly how I envisioned the P# thingy working to begin with. If that means fewer items actually go up on the preorder list, well, I welcome the dose of reality. I hope it will mean less doubt and fewer bad vibes, at least on the forum.

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
My optimism for ASL in 2008 has absolutely nothing to do with product (although, I will not complain at all when I get my VotG preorder...).

I am looking forward to playing more than last year. And this last year, I played more than in the previous 6 years combined (the entire time I have owned ASL). I have more free scenarios downloaded and some from "official" product than I can play in the next 5 years. On top of that, as I mentioned, VotG is on preorder and I am planning on picking up AoO and J6 this Friday along with possibly a TP scenario pack or something...

I am looking forward to continued association with the people I have met and enjoyed this hobby with.

I am looking forward to (assuming I can get the $ and time together) attending my first tournament later this next year.

All in all, for me anyway, 2008 looks EXTREMELY promising ASL-wise. I'm happy with what I see....

:smoke:

- Josh

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite (undoubtedly) the soon to be posted responses of several naysayers on this forum... snip

We relish the thought of complaints...
Ah, I relish the ability to take things out of context so easily..

Really though, if it wasn't MMP in charge of official ASL, they'd complain about whoever else was in charge.

Keep up the good work Brian. Best wishes to all those behind-the-scenes guys as well.

B-

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Happy New Year, Brian. I look forward to MMP delivering on its expectations in 2008.

Now is there any chance MMP can up its level of professionalism to comparable levels of peer wargaming companies, and give a straight design logic answer to players asking why particular rules errata are released and what problems were intended to be fixed, from an Official perspective? We're all still waiting on an Official answer for the bridge erratum (sure, we can all guess from what Ole was sharing with us, but it wasn't a Final Answer :)).

Start delivering in 2008, become more responsive to reasonable Qs, and this naysayer will well shut-up. :D

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Ya know Marcus, what cured me of being a naysayer was just doing my own thing. So what if MMP does not deliver the goods, Tate can play Guards counter attack to his hearts content bur=t the rest of the unwashed masses are blessed with lots of stuff coming are way in 08!

Scott

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now is there any chance MMP can up its level of professionalism to comparable levels of peer wargaming companies, and give a straight design logic answer to players asking why particular rules errata are released and what problems were intended to be fixed, from an Official perspective
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that you will stop beating this particular hobbyhorse into the ground? You have made your points, such as they are, about 15,000 times by now. You are doing nothing but wasting people's time now.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that you will stop beating this particular hobbyhorse into the ground? You have made your points, such as they are, about 15,000 times by now. You are doing nothing but wasting people's time now.
Everybody needs a hobby.

Just think, keeping himself occupied in such a way could be saving him from a life a crime.....

Kind of a heart warming story when you think about it that way, don't you think?

tppytel

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps if the MMP people see it coming from enough people rather than just basking in the glow of all the sycophants here, they might actually change their routines.

MMP's official ASL rules support sucks. Absolutely sucks. In every other wargame I play, the designer is readily available on CSW or elsewhere to provide rules decisions or clarifications when the usual group of veterans is unable to do so. Guys like Dean Essig, Adam Starkweather, and Lee Brimmicombe-Wood particulary stand out. But ASL continues on living in the dark ages, pretending that it's still the era of sending a SASE along with your yes/no question to a postal address. Fortunately, there are two huge mitigating factors here - 1) the ASLRB is an incredibly well-designed ruleset to begin with, so that true ambiguities tend to exist only for very obscure situations with limited impact, and 2) the ASL community is so large, dedicated, and knowledgeable that an official response is rarely needed. Overall, the ASL rules are eminently playable and satisfying, but it's in spite of MMP's support of them, not because of it.