Festung post at Sitrep (Battleschool)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found this post over at Sitrep newsletter amazing. Very pro nice job Chris. Linking real pictures with hexes and a summary of the rules for the terrain makes the game more alive. Could see this being done with future HASLs as a way to differentiate, or even with scenarios, helps to visualize and make it more real.

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bravo......and a great read....especially since that is one of the 10 FB scenarios I have already played.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
That is an absolutely amazing piece of work!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A story with that much detail is the new standard for articles and product reviews?

Sure bet someone won't write a review and post it to his website.....

Thanks Chris for this excellent article.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Amazing what constructive things you can do with your valuable time when your eyes are not glued to more prurient or sophomoric sites.

olli

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Amazing what constructive things you can do with your valuable time when your eyes are not glued to more prurient or sophomoric sites.
Stunning review, look forward to more like this from Chris!! just over a week till I get to see my copies ;-)

gevalim

Reaction score
Country
llCzechia
Amazing work! To make waiting for my FB copy to finally arrive I bought the Siege of Budapest book.

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to publicly thank Chris Doary for all of the time, effort, and care that he put into creating such a well crafted and informative article on the siege of Budapest and how it is represented in the Festung Budapest HASL!

If you have an interest in gaining a better understanding of the nature of the siege and the combatants that were involved, the Sitrep story is a great place to start.

Bill "I'm not just saying this because I'm in the article" Cirillo

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
MARVELOUS !

Please, someone give Chris a decoration :clap:

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great review Chris! Did you prepare the excellent graphics or are they from the module?
Humour, pathos, Buddhism. Have you considered a career as the novelist for MMP's book line. Just like GW's line, 'cept literate.

BattleSchool

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
First, thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Helen is delighted, and I have built up some valuable spousal credits.

Did you prepare the excellent graphics or are they from the module?
Yes, I prepared the graphics. But the most excellent graphics, namely most of the hex, map and counter art, are the work of mapsmith Charlie Kibler.

Some things like the R11 hex on the FB11 graphic at the beginning of the post, the Debris counters, etc. are my journeyman attempts at graphic art.
The 3D 'schrek is a modified rendering. The original art is beyond my limited capabilities. The tables and charts were created from scratch. The posta palota spread was me having a bit of fun in PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign.
The layout in all its amateur glory is mine. :)
The narrative, well let's just say that it was written by a ghost. ;)

Humour, pathos, Buddhism.
Lost me on that last one Russell. Rather than admit being dense, I will contend that I am simply too tired to think at the moment.

Chris

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First, thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Helen is delighted, and I have built up some valuable spousal credits.

Yes, I prepared the graphics. But the most excellent graphics, namely most of the hex, map and counter art, are the work of mapsmith Charlie Kibler.

Some things like the R11 hex on the FB11 graphic at the beginning of the post, the Debris counters, etc. are my journeyman attempts at graphic art.
The 3D 'schrek is a modified rendering. The original art is beyond my limited capabilities. The tables and charts were created from scratch. The posta palota spread was me having a bit of fun in PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign.
The amateur layout is all mine. :)

Lost me on that last one Russell. Rather than admit being dense, I will contend that I am simply too tired to think at the moment.

Chris
Thanks Chris for this excellent review.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

The amateur layout is all mine. :)

Chris
I was referencing "there is no spoon", The Matrix not being around in 1945. As to you being dense, I'm still 0 and 2 versus; more a case of me being too clever for my clogs.

chapman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man was this well done, made me want to bust out the maps and set up the scenario! Love the 1 page links with graphics/copy on a particular topic, those could have be teaser ads 3 months ago for FB.
MMP needs to hire you to produce their marketing for all their games. :cool:

Keep up the nice work.

The other Chris