Crucible of Steel Update

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What the hell you talking about?

Actually I have no idea what your babbling about
He's going back and reading comments that are 2-3 years old and replying to them. Nobody remembers them, so we have no context to understand what he's saying.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Is not War Hammer like a D&D game or something? I thought BFP only made ASL stuff not D&D, so I am confused.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
He's going back and reading comments that are 2-3 years old and replying to them. Nobody remembers them, so we have no context to understand what he's saying.
Ah Got it thanks.

COS is totally awsome, I still want to have a crack at that flying turrets scenario.

p3love

ASL Acolyte
Reaction score
Country
ll
What the hell you talking about?

COS is one of the best East Front modules out there and BFP is just about as good as MMP.

What the hell is a war hammer version?

Your talking non-sense dude, wait I thought your were talking about ASL sorry your flying off about war hammer or some crap.

Actually I have no idea what your babbling about
I dont really have time for this but just for you...

someone on the forum made an observation about the game...there wasnt an answer and I felt that whoever should have answered was being evasive

so the Warhammer quip was related to a fantasy wargaming genre because it looked like arbitrary rules are being used...

btw how did you get on with the shemale ASL player?:laugh:

p3love

ASL Acolyte
Reaction score
Country
ll
Last and final time for me to ever do artillery was in May. If you remember the PLA chief of staff and his delegation was visiting several installations. Well, even though we hadnt even redrawn our equipment yet after returning from Iraq, had 3 weeks to train up and do a live fire exercise for them. Lets just say we massed a Bn of 155s close enough to scare the poop out of them.
Now I work for a General and I am one mean speech writer, etc. :)
sigh...from long range sniper to REMF (General's batman - no, you dont have to wear a cape,...unless you want to...) can it get any worse?

Perhaps I should have at least introduced myself first and been a bit more selective with the banter. My apologies.

Last edited:

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Highly inappropriate to disparage a veteran, particularly if you haven't served.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sigh...from long range sniper to REMF (General's batman - no, you dont have to wear a cape,...unless you want to...) can it get any worse?
Dude,

You're speaking out of your "anal cavity" again.

I've known Chas for 12 years, and have worked with him for 10. He's a very capable officer and your "girly-man" remarks are definitely "un-called for".

You wish you could walk in his boots.

p3love

ASL Acolyte
Reaction score
Country
ll
Dude,

You're speaking out of your "anal cavity" again.

I've known Chas for 12 years, and have worked with him for 10. He's a very capable officer and your "girly-man" remarks are definitely "un-called for".

You wish you could walk in his boots.
girly-man is your definition, not mine. What size boots does he wear?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back to the game...I am on the fence on buying this one. Is it worth it? I find the Russian front heavily saturated.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I think so, I got 2!

As for component physical quality, their boards are the equal of MMP's, their counters are at least the equal to or better than depending upon whether you prefer coloured vehicular drawings or not.

The only drawback is the limited subject matter, in that respect B&J is better with more variety. The scenarios have, in general, got good reviews.

However you look at it, 9 boards, 32 scenarios and 5 full and 3 half sheets of counters is not to be sneezed at.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heavily saturated by who? The Eastern front is still gots lots to mine out of it and if you ignore CH and amateur publications, ones without counter art, then you have left basically is MMP, BFP and LFT. And to me both LFT and BFP probably have better balanced and better historically researched material compared to MMP, so I would say, the Eastern Front is not saturated one bit. So get Crusible of Steel, you will be glad you did.

Scott

Back to the game...I am on the fence on buying this one. Is it worth it? I find the Russian front heavily saturated.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
ky,

Jump off the fence man. COS is totally awesome, what makes it really fantastic is that a class act like BFP has thrown in for free the errata counters for B&J, Cobra and all the cool crap you get in COS. The maps are totally awesome and so are the scenarios.

Last edited:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree that the East Front is heavily depicted in ASL, bu then again so it should be given the amount of action that took place there. I guess worse still (for some) it's a pack depictng just one battle, nay just one shoulder of the battle. However what you get is a diverse selection of scenarios. I have played most of the scenarios from the pack and I did not get a here we go again feel to it. Sure some scenarios are simular, that's a given but through different boards, VC's and SSR's you get enough mileage between the simular engagements not to feel you are going down the same old road.

Hope that helps with the fence jumping LOL

Ian

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, there's lots of Russian front scenarios, but not many that use 9 new, never been seen mapboards (by you) that offer new terrain, new LOS and new challenges. Plus, there's enough special SSRs unique to this set of scenarios that make playing them different from other Russian front stuff out there.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Commrade Commissar says you must jump in! There is no retreat from the Eastern Front! The East Front Fanatics have declared it to be so!

Actually I highly recommend it. Had a blast playtesting all of the scenarios that made it into COS. It's worth it if you like combined arms in a variety of sizes