Crucible of Steel Update

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

Good news is that we are in the final checks on boards and counters, and are just about ready to go to the printers with them. So completely on track to have these ready well in advance.

Still doing PTing on the last handful of scenarios to ensure they are as good as possible, and at various stages on layout, articles, editing, etc, of all the other components.

Still anticipate this will be ready for ASLOK.

Chas

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Great news chas.
I've a question. I'm european and generally i buy all the BFP stuff from Le Franc Tireur shop to avoid extra tax and expensive shipping cost.
When LFT is expected to receive CoS? A lot after you ship all your preorder or because of your partnership they receive CoS before "normal preorder"?

Is possible to know how many scenarios and CG (if any) will be included?
Also the numeration of the scenarios will follow the ones of B&J and OC? BFPxx etc... or they'll have a new code like CoSxx?

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure why the numbering matters, but it is BFP 4: Crucible of Steel, so scenario numbering BFP xx

No CG. Approximately 30-34 scenarios. Still working out final setup and have decided already to scrap some because they have no chance of being ready on time.

Yes, order from LFT when the time comes.

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It's only a matter of organization of the scenarios in wich organizer i'd to create some space. :-D

Tnx for the information!
30-34 scenarios are really huge number, yay! :-D

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...I'm gonna have to start robbing liquor stores to keep up with ASL purchases! :nuts::clown: Any rough estimate yet on what the price may be?

Semper Fi!
Scott

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anticipate same as B&J. Lots of content and components, and not going to go higher than that price.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...I'm gonna have to start robbing liquor stores to keep up with ASL purchases! :nuts::clown: Any rough estimate yet on what the price may be?

Semper Fi!
Scott
I agree. I just dropped coin for the CH bundle, cholm and MMP's board bundle. What a onslaught of goodness.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many counters?
There will be a full sheet and half of 5/8" counters (254) and a half sheet of 1/2" counters (144). That coupled with the 30+ scenarios, 9 board equivalents, magazine with some very good articles in it, and a another perk I won't mention at the present time means there is a ton of goodness in this pack.

Rick

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but what subject is being covered by Crucible of Steel? I couldn't spot anything on BFP's blog about it and my searches for threads here haven't turned up a description.

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but what subject is being covered by Crucible of Steel? I couldn't spot anything on BFP's blog about it and my searches for threads here haven't turned up a description.
Kursk south if i remember well...

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
There will be a full sheet and half of 5/8" counters (254) and a half sheet of 1/2" counters (144). That coupled with the 30+ scenarios, 9 board equivalents, magazine with some very good articles in it, and a another perk I won't mention at the present time means there is a ton of goodness in this pack.

Rick
I love this phrase: "9 board equivalents." Dying to know what exactly this means.

Yep, I :love: geos like most guys :love: counters.

S

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The pack will cover the action that occured within the souther salient of the Kursk pocket over the time period from July 4th through the 12th. The 9 board equivalents refers to the 3 regular geo boards and the 3 double wides (each comprising 2 boards) we will be doing. This is going to give players a great feel for the Russian steppe terrain that just isn't present in the current boards.

Rick

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
The pack will cover the action that occured within the souther salient of the Kursk pocket over the time period from July 4th through the 12th. The 9 board equivalents refers to the 3 regular geo boards and the 3 double wides (each comprising 2 boards) we will be doing. This is going to give players a great feel for the Russian steppe terrain that just isn't present in the current boards.

Rick
<faiint> :yummy:

Too cool!

Thanks, Rick!

S

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the elaboration!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to be clear, not "Steppe Terrain" as in desert boards with special rules. There are plotches of grain, villages, orchards, woods, etc. Other than that I do not want to go into too much detail, but you will be able to fight on some different and interesting boards.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just to be clear, not "Steppe Terrain" as in desert boards with special rules. There are plotches of grain, villages, orchards, woods, etc. Other than that I do not want to go into too much detail, but you will be able to fight on some different and interesting boards.
Coming soon from Critical Hit: Steel Crucible! With 23 maps, 135 scenarios and 2500 counters + an extra set of those same counters! All for only $79.95! :coolban:

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Huh. Just out of curiosity, how many (roughly) of the scenarios make use of Vehicle Dust?

John