World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

who will win the cup?

• Total voters

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
World Cup 2010 has started. Who's able to predict who will win?

Note you can vote only for teams that could really win, not all sides are listed.

time to vote until next 17th June
making a wild stab here.... the team that scores the most number of goals out the last two teams in the competition.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
England font have the depth to do it. Their first team is good but take Rooney out and where are the goals going to come from? Spain would be my choice even after their loss. The team is strong and every team has a bad game, they didn't play badly just did not get lucky enough.
England have the depth to do it?? :nuts::nuts:

Which competition have you been watching.... :crosseye::crosseye: ??

They are in the easiest group, by a long way, and have thus far failed to demonstrate any 'Joined up talent' at all.

Shouting about how good you are is one thing, translating those hollow shouts into goals appears to be a skill that is currently beyond their grasp...

If I were a betting man I'd predict they'll be on their way home by the end of the week:clown::clown:

Cheers

Paul

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
England have the depth to do it?? :nuts::nuts:

Which competition have you been watching.... :crosseye::crosseye: ??

They are in the easiest group, by a long way, and have thus far failed to demonstrate any 'Joined up talent' at all.

Shouting about how good you are is one thing, translating those hollow shouts into goals appears to be a skill that is currently beyond their grasp...

If I were a betting man I'd predict they'll be on their way home by the end of the week:clown::clown:

Cheers

Paul
I said England don't have the depth. (Actially I write they font have the depth...I blame the keyboard)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am confused - how do you rupture your throat?????
Well I've managed to do that to a girl or two and it wasn't my vuvuzela, fnur fnur!

This comment brought to you curtesy of Voz comic available in all good newsagents.

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I'm a bit late...Germany for me.

They had a 1-0 lead
Unfortunately it was irregular...

when apparently a NZ player tugged on an Italian's dress causing her to sprawl and hurt her vagina. PK and it's 1-1.
...and yes, De Rossi is a good diver...:eek:

Anyhow hat off to All Whites (especially Paston) and very poor performance for the Italian team...
Just one goal and only thanks to penalty...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Greeks should be banned from playing football. I can't believe they made me cheer an Argentine goal. How on Earth did they win Euro 2004.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
The Greeks should be banned from playing football. I can't believe they made me cheer an Argentine goal. How on Earth did they win Euro 2004.
By not conceding goals...their defence was rock solid...absolutely sh1t hot during the Euro 2004 championships.
I'd be comfortable with a team, at either club level or national level being solid as a rock at the back and taking one nil wins.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
But it's such boring boring football...are you an Arsenal supporter or something...probobly...

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is. I would much rather England went out tomorrow giving it a bit of a go and not spending the whole game playing as if they were driving with the cops in their rear-view mirror. I am obviously incredibly biased, but i do think we have some more to see from the England team.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Argentina/Chile have looked good in the games I saw, but voted Argentina. (A bit late to vote to be fair.)

One hell of a game turned in by the US squad last night, but I am not sure they will get too far. Not that I know much about Soccer, but they don't have the 'sizzle' of the Germans/French/Portugal in 2006, nor the rock solid defense/team play of the Italians (of 2002/2006).

Winners are the fans. I hope there are a lot more memorable games in the future!!!

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Well.. I love soccer since I was born.. and IMO USA has an historic oppportunity to reach semifinals. Because of being first in his group they have to play vs Ghana first, and then vs the winner of Uruguay and South Korea. If being 2nd -as England- they would have to suffer vs Germany and then vs the winner of Argentina and Mexico. I think the porbabilities in his actual route is 50% to win every match, and ITOH I can´t believe really they were going to win vs Germany or Argentina -surely the two teams playing better in this Mundial-.
Semifinals will be with the best of this two teams -Germany or Argentina-. At that time cards, and physycal and mental states are also very important and maybe with Messi and some others not being able to playing at better than 50% (-It´s a dream..-) they can win to reach the final...
Anyway reach semifinals for any of USA/Uruguay/Ghana/South Korea will be an absolute success and I can´t see a clear winner betwen these four.. At least not a one so better than USA to have a better chance. Besides, to lose semifinal vs Argentina or Germany -2 Mundial champions- would be a perfect way to return home, specially after a good game.

If I were from USA I would be very excited about next two matches... it´s a clear "now or never" situation that surely will not be repeated in a very long time.

A lot of good luck to USA in these games !!!
Go for semifinals to win to the champions and writing USA name in gold letters in soccer history !!!

Miguel

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
But it's such boring boring football...are you an Arsenal supporter or something...probobly...
I'm sorry? What is a Scot doing in a World Cup discussion ??
(only kidding).
Ok...yes it is was a bit boring to watch...but I'll tell you one thing....not boring to watch if you were a Greek watching a footie team who had never achieved anything achieve, with a comparatively poor team, winning a tournament competing with teams like Germany, Italy, Spain Portugal etc. etc.
England have never won the European Championships....Greece have....and the list of winners doesn't say "Greece win Euro 2004....but they were very defensively minded and a tad boring".

Perhaps I'm just a football purist...but I saw as much beauty throughout the periods last night when England were throwing everything they had into blocks to prevent the Slovenians from equalising as I did in the goal...perhaps I didn't go quite so potty but that doesn't mean I was any less in awe of the way the defenders committed themselves in every way to stop the ball going in the net.

Not Arsenal....all my family are Stockport County Season Ticket holders.....because we're all Stopfordians and they're MY team.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Argentina/Chile have looked good in the games I saw, but voted Argentina. (A bit late to vote to be fair.)

One hell of a game turned in by the US squad last night, but I am not sure they will get too far. Not that I know much about Soccer, but they don't have the 'sizzle' of the Germans/French/Portugal in 2006, nor the rock solid defense/team play of the Italians (of 2002/2006).

Winners are the fans. I hope there are a lot more memorable games in the future!!!
Absolutely brilliant for the USA.....nothing better than a late winner
Really pleased for your country....
Good team Ghana. You'll do well to beat them but if you CAN then you have a fairly decent route to the semi.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
It is. I would much rather England went out tomorrow giving it a bit of a go and not spending the whole game playing as if they were driving with the cops in their rear-view mirror. I am obviously incredibly biased, but i do think we have some more to see from the England team.
Sorry....I don't believe you.
So....hypothetically....Germany come flying out of the blocks on Sunday.....England defend for 120 minutes and then beat them on penalties....
You'd rather we went to a 343 formation and lost 5-3 ??
NEVER !!!