What is your Current Miniatures Project?

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Going to start finishing up my 40k models soon. Check out the paints and make sure they work and all that. Also bought the Khador Battlegroup for Warmachine. Warmachine looks pretty awesome and having read through the RPG I think I'm going to finally take the plunge and so I went with Khador because they look just awesome! However I might go with a different color scheme, something more woodland-like.

View attachment 44755

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice work as usual there Ian. Have not been doing much lately mini wise. My daughter and I started a model railroad a couple years ago and are finishing it up. Should be done in about 2 weeks. Its just a little 4x6 N scale road, but we've had a lot of fun with it. Not sure what I'll go back to first. Got some Warlord 28mm WW2 Japanese a month ago that I'd like to do, but also have a bunch of Corvus Belli Infinity to work through.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nice work as usual there Ian. Have not been doing much lately mini wise. My daughter and I started a model railroad a couple years ago and are finishing it up. Should be done in about 2 weeks. Its just a little 4x6 N scale road, but we've had a lot of fun with it. Not sure what I'll go back to first. Got some Warlord 28mm WW2 Japanese a month ago that I'd like to do, but also have a bunch of Corvus Belli Infinity to work through.
Thanks mate, I have painted up the Warlord Japanese, nice stuff. Corvis Belli are real nice too, not yet had the pleasure of painting these.

Busy finishing 5 battalions of French, 10 Prussian Cavalry regiments and three French guns, all in 6mm, doing the bases so will be finished Thursday nght

Ian

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well 2 weeks have gone by (almost) and the RR is just about done. I have been contemplating what to do next and I actually think I'll do the Japanese Bolt Action project. I've not done Japanese in any scale after 40+ years of gaming WW2. But I think they lend themselves well to skirmish style games. I'm also packaging up about 200 10mm Nappies to ship to DJD painting and have them done. Great painting service. I was going to do them myself but just have so much other, and I want to play a Wagram game badly and these painted up will give me the forces needed. Should only ake a couple months to get them back. Really eager to play, will get some photos up when it happens. Ian, if you would like I'll send you a figure or two of the Infinity sculpts so you can try your hand(brush) on them without laying out some cash. Just let me know. I also painted up about 20 Infinity figs over the last to months(I know, "That's all?") but still have to do the bases. Been all over the map on what Infinity I've painted. Some Yu Jing, Combined, Mercs and Civies. Did a couple TAGs also, a O'Yoroi for Yu Jing and a Caskuda for the combined, which I was very hesitant to paint but came out awesome if I say so. Will try to get some pics up soon. Well, that's enough for now.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm also packaging up about 200 10mm Nappies to ship to DJD painting and have them done. Great painting service. I was going to do them myself but just have so much other, and I want to play a Wagram game badly and these painted up will give me the forces needed. Should only ake a couple months to get them back. Really eager to play, will get some photos up when it happens. Ian, if you would like I'll send you a figure or two of the Infinity sculpts so you can try your hand(brush) on them without laying out some cash. Just let me know..
Thanks for the offer. I have painted up around 15 ADC's in 10mm and found them to take nearly as long as a 15mm figure. That was a little frustrating, I know I could have downgraded the painting standard but I always try to paint the detail given on the figures.

So thank you but no thanks on the kind offer as I would not then consider moving to 10mm.

Looking forward to seeing your recently painted figures, at the moment I have 15 Orc's on the go, so rather different to the normal mix on the table

Talking of those 10mm, here is a shot of them

View attachment 45813

Ian

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice work as usual Ian. Are those Pendraken 10mm? Very nice poses. I've not bought Pendraken figs in a while but was recently visiting their site and am very happy with the progress they've made at expanding the range. I am also happy that they have redone some of the sculpts. Some of their early French sculpts were so delicate. I recall shipping some to a painter years ago and getting them back with about 15% of the figures either broken at the ankles or the guns broken, and it was obvious that they had been very carefully packed. Once my 1809 project concludes I may use their figs for a Peninsular project. We shall see.
Anyway, my most current project has been Wings of Glory WW1 air combat. Traded a butt load(that is the technical term) of 15mm WW2 French, British, and German odds and ends for the Rule set and 14 planes. Always was interested in the Wings of War/Glory line since they came out, just never made the commitment. This situation made it easy as I had been wondering what to do with all the extra "bits" I had packed away. Nice thing about the system is that you can get into it without having to paint up the minis, though I'm sure at some point I will try out some Red Eagle or Tin-Soldier aircraft. Looking forward to taking to the air.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks, yes I think they are. I was given them without packaging so not 100% sure but we were close to the Pendraken stand. Was about two years ago I think.

15mm WWII is very IN at the moment due to Flames of War. So far only played the one game so yet to see what all the fuss is about but had a good enough time.

I do like Wings of Whatever though, the price is a bit of a stumbling block but it all comes down to how many games you get to cost. ASL is very expensive until I do that bit of Math, then it's just expensive LOL

Cheers
Ian

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL is very expensive until I do that bit of Math, then it's just expensive LOL[/QUOTE]chuckle

I don't care much for FoW myself, but won't deny the popularity of the game. I will add that it has done much for WW2 gaming and gaming in general. The range is huge, the figures are nice if a bit overpriced, and there seems to be no end to what is coming. I do like the books, not for reading but for the many lovely photos and the ideas they spring.
I'm fortunate in regard to the Wings WW1 project. I had a ton of WW2 early war stuff just sitting gathering dust when along came a great offer. So as far as the cost it was easy to do. I know what you mean though. I have been looking at some of the now oop planes and there is quite a premium. As for the still in print stuff I found a U.S. distributor and they are very reasonable. Most of the planes are $9.99 which isn't bad when you figure they come pre-decorated. I have one plane and the "painting" isn't too bad. I do figure I'll re-paint the models once I'm more settled in the game and have some spare time. The Red Eagle line looks pretty nice and are less expensive but of course come undecorated. So for some of the oop Wings stuff I figure to go with them. Looks to be a fun project. Will try to do periodic updates. Thinking about using some of the larger ASL maps I have for gaming the air war on. Should add that little extra bit of realism. All for now, be good.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
ASL is very expensive until I do that bit of Math, then it's just expensive LOL
chuckle
[/QUOTE]

A friend from down under, recently got into MtG card game he now says that ASL is relatively cheap when it comes to buying those rare things in comparison ;-)

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A friend from down under, recently got into MtG card game he now says that ASL is relatively cheap when it comes to buying those rare things in comparison ;-)[/QUOTE]

Oooh I have a load of the old stuff used to love playing but Cath got fed up so it sits unloved now

Ian

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it has been a few weeks since I started my new obsession, Wings of Glory. Have picked up, bought, about 6 more planes with another 10 on the way. Also started a "Balloon Busting" project. Was wanting to get a balloon or two for those types of scenarios, but they were very expensive. None are in print, being products released by the now defunct Nexus Games. So online they tend to be at least $45 with a shipping fee of $14 from Australia. Noble Knight games has a few but they want $125 each!!! There are also some balloons from the 3D printing service "Shapeways" but they're also in the $50 range for the most part. So using some dimensions from the shapeways site I started scratch building my own. Just glued 3 pieces of 1" pink foam together and carved/sanded out the shape. I am now in the process of painting a base coat. After it dries I'll sand it again then glue the parts together and give it the final coats of paint. Will need to put the observers basket on with the tether lines then base it. So far it looks good, certainly won't win any contests but for what I want it will be perfect. Will put up some photos when I finish it. Good gaming y'all.

GF of Seoul

Reaction score
Re: What is you Current Miniatures Project?

I've been working on expanding this Bandit Freeband from DGS Freeblades skirmish game. I need to paint a few more followers. Trying to get them done before the Kicikstarter sends my new figs.View attachment 46223

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Very cool looking sculpts and nice painting there GF of Seoul. Would like to see the new figures you get when you get thm painted up. Thanks for sharing.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I've been working on expanding this Bandit Freeband from DGS Freeblades skirmish game. I need to paint a few more followers. Trying to get them done before the Kicikstarter sends my new figs.View attachment 46223
I do like these, nice stances and realistic sized weapons, not the usual massive ones that turn me off. I too would like to see the next ones released and any others you paint up

Ian

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Saw this last week that is an amazing amount of lead.

I am doing Waterloo to be ready for next year. All Battalions will be represented but on a base of 28 6mm figures and that's enough LOL

I am doing the Prussians and half the French and a mate the rest, looking forward to getting it finished for sure

Ian

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ian, what are you doing man? A post with no pics, Im very disappointed!

GF of S, your game looks like it was fun. Do you play Infinity? Thanks for posting the other pics, very nice looking minis.

Last edited: