What boardgames have you played recently?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Red Storm air war Central Europe 1987. Complex game, builds on Downtown and Elusive Victory. Lots of detail, lots of air to air.

Not for novice wargamers even Grognards will need a grounding in modern air warfare principles before attempting this one. Precise, technical and strangely addictive.

As ever the VASSAL module makes online play less admin heavy than a face to face game. Game crafter has an excellent set of cards available for the planes and SAMS that eases the chart flipping extravaganza that is part and parcel of the game.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Warming up for a game of Bitter End, Budapest Compass games. Played a couple of turns to get back into the mechanics. The real game starts next week. A hidden gem of a game that highlights the problems and challenges faced by both sides during the siege and relief attempts.

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Warming up for a game of Bitter End, Budapest Compass games. Played a couple of turns to get back into the mechanics. The real game starts next week. A hidden gem of a game that highlights the problems and challenges faced by both sides during the siege and relief attempts.
A personal favorite.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Takenoko. Ticket to Ride with elements of Carcassone. Nice game.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Undaunted Normandy. Had my first victory today against my 11 year old son in eight or nine playings so far, he's annoyingly tactically astute :D. We can't wait for Undaunted North Africa to arrive.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too Many Bones
Too Many Bones: Undertow
Spirit Island
Aeon’s End
Aeon’s End Legacy

Been playing a lot of co-op games with my son as my regular groups of 4-5 players are out due to Covid. Really enjoy the talking strategy with him. Co-ops I’ve gotten off the shelf or next in line after we finish Aeon’s End Legacy.

Sword & Sorcery
Spirit Island: Jagged Earth
Ghost Stories