What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

jholen

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
If it is only a few SK boards you are still missing:
You can order individual SK boards from MMP as parts. This might be the easiest and cheapest way for you to close the gaps with regard to the geo-boards. I believe by this way you might also be able to get hold of maps that were part in some Action Packs (i.e. the "Fort-Boards" that have other dimensions than the standard geo-boards), but I have not checked this.

von Marwitz
Yeah, I've got a cart filled with most of the remaining Action Packs/Winter Offensives w/ Ritterkrieg but likely will go the individual SK map boards from MMP directly if available. Thanks for the advice, that's a good call!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I went old school and contacted Dave for it by paying PayPal to get it shipped to me. I like the hard copy scenarios! Also am picking up LFT15 from my friends at Battleschool.
Just printed out the MM pack. Digital turns into hard copy.....but I nearly ran out of yellow ink.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just printed out the MM pack. Digital turns into hard copy.....but I nearly ran out of yellow ink.
I understand the desire to print it, but fight it. Storing thousands of scenarios in page protectors and binders takes up a ridiculous amount of room. I’ve started digitizing my collection, so I will only print a copy when I play a scenario.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I understand the desire to print it, but fight it. Storing thousands of scenarios in page protectors and binders takes up a ridiculous amount of room. I’ve started digitizing my collection, so I will only print a copy when I play a scenario.
This is true. I have about 30x 3" files full of them.

jholen

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Just received Action Pack #13... only got a few left and then 3 more SK boards and my map collection (not including deluxe boards) will be complete.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received my LCP stuff yesterday, looking forward to getting these on the table. There are a couple of questions on the scenarios but nothing super game breaking though with my scanner out of service, I can not scan these scenarios in and you need to scan them in since the scenarios are two parters but the ob's are on the same card IE one part on one side with the other part on the other side. If someone has scans and can send them for me to print (stalingrad838 at yahoo.com) I would be very appreciative.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States

All this has trickled in over the first three months of 2023, mostly a mix of just released and potentially soon out of print. As usual there is of course a rationalization for all of it:

LFT Fight for Seoul - The only KW HASL and probably not many copies left at retailers. Sure, I'll do a KW HASL eventually - just as soon as I actually do a few KW scenarios first. And read the KW rules. And find someone who actually plays KW.

MMP DZ:SME - Must have the cow counters for future scenarios that I'm sure will extensively use them. (Actually, one of the CGs is most likely on my next to play list and who can miss out on pre-order pricing of an official product?)

MMP SK Boards w & x - I skipped SK2 on my path to ASL but I love maps. Map w is used in 17 third party full ASL scenarios, none of which I'll ever own or play. Map x is more popular with 40 scenarios, one of which is even "official" (J160), and I do own a handful of them. Will I ever play them FtF instead of on VASL? Probably not...

LFT From The Cellar 11 - I wanted Toby's defense article which is actually quite good excellent so far. The scenarios are nice of course too.

LFT From The Cellar 12 - While Jim's complementary attack article is now available on his site for free, I still wanted to support such articles being written and published. Also the scenarios are all giant and I kid myself that I like giant scenarios. Plus, to be honest, I'm pretty darn impressed with LFT's products in general.

BFP Blood and Jungle - Worried this might go out of print at some point and it is just so very highly rated for PTO action. Unlikely to play any of this anytime soon, but I have really enjoyed the toe dip into PTO I've had so far.

LFT 15 - I am a sucker for the desert and a sucker for maps. One of these days I'll actually find someone to play DTO with me.

MMP WO 14 (2023) - I mentioned the part about being a sucker for maps, didn't I?

MMP ASL Journal 13 - Journals are a "must buy" to begin with, pre-order pricing, and actually came out just before starting a HiF CG so the article was very apropos. Actually already had board 77 from the map pack, so unusually the map wasn't a draw for me this time.

That's it for now, but there is a lot on the 2023 production schedule from both MMP and others...