Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playtested a great little scenario designed by Eric Safran. His first design contribution to ESG in years. Fantastic scenario!

Our next Dezign Pak is shaping up fine.
Cool. Any medium to large France '40 combined armes scenarios in this one?

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pulling the pieces for FB1 Uncles and Pups in prep for a match next weekend. Ran a VASL PBEM logfile or two. Punching FB counters, sorting and trimming in anticipation of The Bitter End tournament in NC next month. Looks to be a strong field coming together for that one!

Dave

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Restarting "Last Line Before Oboyan" from Hell's Bridgehead 3. How do the SS establish a bridgehead across the river? Chanting "Hail Mary, full of grace...." does not seem to be working.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody know how to get the image in the message instead of as an attachment?
I use a image hosting site called photobucket. You then upload pictures/images to a free account and you get a url link for the image then you can post a picture in the message as opposed to an attachment.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chinese setup for a playetst scenario. Japanese to arrive shortly.
Played the first two turns last Sunday. The picture is small so I'm not sure, but why are all the Trenches spread out? It turns them into Foxholes (Death traps) rather then linking them together and using the advantages of combined trenches... Stay concealed, non open ground movement, easy routing and skulking, etc.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today I saw this thread on the forum and decided to vent my grief about the vasl server being down yesterday evening...the traumatic effects of which still carry on today.:upset:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan, tell the wolkster dude your scenario is going to CH and watch him blow a gasket lol

Scott
Way ahead of you Little Man (as always). It's an MMP scenario and I playtested it last Sunday. Key word being... PLAYTEST.

You might want to pass that on to your master.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fingering through my copy of FB for half the day!:clap::hurray::redapple::banana::thumup:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I finished my "official" scenario spreadsheet with the scenarios listed with a complexity formula. Then sorted by chronology, infantry only, infantry and guns, DASL and Historical.

Missing a couple of items: ABtF and BR:T.

FB, AP8 and WO2012 on the way, will incorporate those when they arrive here in God's country!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Having decided last evening not to enter the Heroes tourney, frankly because I wasn't in the mood, I tootled across to Blackpool anyway today and played a friendly game with Mike Davies. He had diced me off the table yesterday in Perun's Thunder HG(2)8. I offered the chance to play a CoS scenario and we pulled Schreiber's Success BFP75 from CoS. One of many set pieces. Russians(me) get 9 AT ditches, 6 Trenches, two 45L and some 458 and 447s to stop a superior SS OB, with a lot of squads and a trio of Stugs. Amazing how nerfed the SS seem to be with no assault fire bonus (global SSR for CoS).

So Mike fancied popping off home to freshen up ( he lives nearby) and I got about an hour to lay out the defence. Loved that hour, almost the best part. Side-on pillboxes as bunkers, firelanes, wire backing up the AT ditches, HIP squads mine traps in the grain. All good. All fun.

Game started and SS progress was too slow. Comes turn 3 and I've whacked all three Stugs. First went down to the only APCR round a 45L would have (and would not have had if not Guards), one clipped by the 75 gun of the Lee, which had malf'd and was repaired and the last was lost and burned to my CH from the already-covered-in-glory-45L that had got the first. My infantry lost one 447 and a 128 AT crew with a ATR. My three T-34s are unopposed and Mike throws in the towel. Great.

I managed to sell some of Ian's ASL kit. About GBP 350. Not bad.

Home now. Fair few games of WoT to end the day.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow wolkster dude, relaxe, i was only kidding around. Once more I underestimated your hatred for Tapio and CH and reply is very telling indeed. Honestly wolkster dude, you should give that axe you grind a rest.

Scott

Way ahead of you Little Man (as always). It's an MMP scenario and I playtested it last Sunday. Key word being... PLAYTEST.

You might want to pass that on to your master.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow wolkster dude, relaxe, i was only kidding around. Once more I underestimated your hatred for Tapio and CH and reply is very telling indeed. Honestly wolkster dude, you should give that axe you grind a rest.

Scott
Yeah right.

You stalk me and make a snide CH/MMP comment on every post I make. Hatred of CH is something you've made up. Hatred of you stalking me is more appropriate and it's getting old.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got the overlays cut from AoO.
Hey Dan,

When did you get your AoO?

WO 2006?

That is when I got mine (it was the official release date/event) with the SK boards (already had all the hard backed boards; 1-52).
When I got mine, Brian handed me another river overlay and he told me this was a "correction" to the one in the box. I still don't know what was wrong with the original river overlay....

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well,

Today I gently handled the Guerra Civil counters (they were almost falling off the trees for the 5/8" counters....) Also, the CH website needs to update the info on the Guerra Civil 5/8" counters, there were only 150 of them; 15 rows of 10 counters each.

Not sure what ones are missing, because the packing list in the rules has 176 as a number. That is why I wish CH had a Chapter N Armory, like Reid Hutchison so diligently is tracking for us in the ASL World.

I know that there is a website that has some of this info (that is not CH) and I want to publicly thank the owner of www.wwiivehicles.com for maintaining this website for us.

Last edited: