Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To say all CH stuff sucks is just wrong IMO.

There have been some very good designers who have had things published by CH over the years. CH publishes stuff that MMP doesn't want to or can't for whatever reasons.

Genesis 48 by Bob O'Conner is a very interesting module that is a blast to play. As is Carl Nogueira's Dien Bien Phu something that would probably never been published except by CH.

Kurt Martin's Third Bridge is a blast to play and very interesting to compare to MMP's Arnhem module. I remember when Kurt was doing the THE ROUT REPORT during design and testing how everybody was raving about it and when it got published by CH it suddenly sucked. It doesn't, I've played it and it has some very good scenarios in it. Love him or hate him Scott Holst did some interesting designs for CH. Pedro Ramis did Stonne and it rocks. Climbing that hill is one of the great ASL actions

Not to mention Ian Daglish's All American and Scotland the Brave series. I will play any of these anywhere at any time if I can.

As I said ther have been some pretty interesting designs published by CH. Are they perfect, no but they are interesting and fun. I could care less about the personalities involved. I'm talking Asl and those are some very good designers.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's what I did today.

Dragged out Wake Island and started fooling around with the air strike rules to simulate the bombardments. I like this one even though it's all night actions.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I started converting the footnote links in my eASLRB to be of the pop-up variety instead of going directly to the particular note on their individual chapter footnote pages.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Here's what I did today.

Dragged out Wake Island and started fooling around with the air strike rules to simulate the bombardments. I like this one even though it's all night actions.
Hence it's being right next to the bed?

I'm tryingg to pull some ASl gear together from Ian Daglish's kit. I think the maps and rules from RB, ABTF and PB might yet seel for a little, even though the counters aren't there.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just starting to punch the counters from CoS....and daily getting geeked for the chicago Open.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wake island is one I've been doing for years. CH wanted it but Ray wanted to do his map instead of mine. Then we talked about doing it as an ATS module.

I have scenarios done for ASL but not ATS. But I have a copy so it's all good.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I'm loading my car with ASL gear - not much of it mine, mostly Ian's kit labeled with prices. I'm going to buy a spot of breakfast, then run over to Bolton to collect Shaun Carter. We should arrive in Blckpool shortly after noon and then Hereoes will have started.

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scanned my WO3 pack and answered a question on GS. Tonight I will kill Russian hoardes besieging Budapest for the glory of the Fatherland!

:skull:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well I'm loading my car with ASL gear - not much of it mine, mostly Ian's kit labeled with prices. I'm going to buy a spot of breakfast, then run over to Bolton to collect Shaun Carter. We should arrive in Blckpool shortly after noon and then Hereoes will have started.
Trev sent you a pm.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playtested a great little scenario designed by Eric Safran. His first design contribution to ESG in years. Fantastic scenario!

Our next Dezign Pak is shaping up fine.

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
Last couple of days...resorting my German counters. Finding out what is missing and making room for new counters. Hungarian counters next....