So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finally finished up Defiance on Hill 30 with Andrew Kerekes. I managed to eek out an American win on the last turn, which is always cool. We're going to flip sides now and go at it again. Now we'll see what I can do with the Germans on that bloody hill!!

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Going Postal BFP-106 I had the Poles and made a fight of it. But this seems hard against a decent German player. Even with sulking, and other tricks, it was pretty one sided. T

The new SS squad type is nice. Supermen they ain't.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I had a second go at BoF6 Cavalry Brigade Model, this time as the German attacker.
Most memorable moment:
My 8-1 suffers HoB and becomes berserk, and the elite squad he is leading doesn't pass the MC to also become berserk. So come MPh, he jumps up, shouts "Auf sie mit Gebrüll!" and runs all alone across three hexes of open ground towards a Russian squad in a wood. His men look at reach other confused, shrug, "Was will er?". They keep their heads down and see their leader survive all defensive fire and starts slashing at Russians with his cavalry sabre.
Of course, when they try to follow him, they break, and the leader is slain in the CCPh.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I had a second go at BoF6 Cavalry Brigade Model, this time as the German attacker.
Most memorable moment:
My 8-1 suffers HoB and becomes berserk, and the elite squad he is leading doesn't pass the MC to also become berserk. So come MPh, he jumps up, shouts "Auf sie mit Gebrüll!" and runs all alone across three hexes of open ground towards a Russian squad in a wood. His men look at reach other confused, shrug, "Was will er?". They keep their heads down and see their leader survive all defensive fire and starts slashing at Russians with his cavalry sabre.
Of course, when they try to follow him, they break, and the leader is slain in the CCPh.
I like this scenario but only played it one time against Steve Pleva who was German so you can guess who won. My AT Gun failed a rear shot and had no rate against Steve's AFV which passed though woods hexes never bogging thus undermining my final defense (i.e. surrender) line.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Strayer's Strays (ASL 182) with Tom Arnold Wednesday night. As the Americans, I loaded up on the German's left front and tried to skirt the area and avoid the majority of his forces, which wouldn't have enough time to move from his right flank to the left.

Despite some truly horrendous DRs (and drs) on my part, and Tom's average MC DR in the 4's, I managed to eke out a victory with a half squad in a stone building surviving Final Fire, and then advancing off the board for the 10th EVP required.

Alan

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Lagus Assault Guns and lost as the Russians. I cannot believe the Russians have to have two surviving AFVs with functioning MA to win... That is 50% of their AFVs! How else do you find the Finns without leaving a burning wreck to mark their location? Had two tanks KOed and one rolled a six on repair attempt...game over on turn 3.

DiceGodHeretic

Professional Conflict Stimulator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished Silent Night, Deadly Night on VASL. We were Night novices so the game was slowed by our need to reference the rules repeatedly. You will notice we each posted rules questions in the rules forum. Thanks for the quick and thorough answers honchos (particularly jrv, eagle4ty, and klas come to mind).

As American defender I set up a jamming HIP defense right in front of the German entry area which created fewer casualties than I hoped but succeeded in delaying my opponent's advance, which if you know this scenario can be a successful strategy.

My choice to set up forward allowed my opponent the opportunity to speed up in the middle of the board as I chose to concentrate my other three pillboxes on and in front of the bump of a hill that was the second objective the Germans had to capture to even qualify for consideration of victory. My commitment of half squads and one BAZ to this position was designed to slow my opponent again, which succeeded only due to a roll of snakes against a CCing German squad. Since my BAZ was locked up in Melee Jim successfully OVRd a lower foxho and the one on the hill to complete the requirement of ownership of the hill.

He was massing for the final push for the bonus (x2) buildings with the only troops in the way the crew of an abandoned/scrounged HT and its MMG. However, it was a sniper who stopped the capture of one building and a squad who lost its way in the night that sealed the victory in the end for the Americans. AS usual key DR at key moments played a greater role in the victory than skill or tactics. I DGH ENDORSE THIS SCENARIO.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
First match was YASL2 INITIAL SKIRMISH. I had the French defenders. Aaron Vickerman Cleavin of Australia had the Germans. The dice made the first two turns very interesting. The French lost the armour battle, however, and the Germans still had three tanks left. I conceded after the third German turn.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Second ASLOK match was versus George Tournemire of Belgium. We played SP241 ESEBECK'S PURSUIT. I had the French defenders. My ATG managed to kill two tanks and immobilize two others, but I lost too much infantry. After the fourth German turn, I conceded.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I played against Hennie van der Salm in the evening. We played TANKS! TANKS! from Hell's Highway by Lone Canuck. Hennie graciously let me play the attacking Germans because I had defended in my previous two games. It is tough on the American defender. They have only one BAZ on board and then receive two towed 57L ATG as reinforcements. I was able to render them hors de combat before they fired a shot. After the fourth German turn, Hennie conceded.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ray Woloszyn and I played a high casualty game today: BFP31 CHINESE ALAMO. I had the attacking Japanese. It took many turns to get my troops into the alamo and we were both down to not many units. I won it during the last AFPh when I broke the last Chinese unit in the alamo.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I played the Polish side in BFP113 BUNKER BASH against Gary Bartlett of Florida. This game went the whole seven turns. I had set the Polish pretty far back. I wired 5 out of 6 pillboxes. I mined the three gray pillboxes. At the end of the game, Gary had taken 9 of 11 buildings for 18 VP, and he had taken two wooden pillboxes for 8 VP for a total of 26. He needed 30 to win.