Rare subjects for ASL battles.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is something we have overlooked. All the major KW battles are still rare subjects for ASL.
I hope to see more KWAL Scenarios this fall.

The Rally Point for this year is supposed to be KWASL

Hopefully, some scenarios in a Journal too.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Madagascar. And I wonder if the rules covering it could be a hybrid of ETO and PTO...
the terrain in Madagascar is well covered by ETO terrain with a SSR for the Baobab Trees, (level two high palm tree would cover it).
The significance of Madagascar is that it is the first amphibious assault (Operation Operation Ironclad)[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Madagascar ] by the allies. May 1942. There was some fighting in the city port of Diego Suarez at the northern point of the island. The battle lasted 2 or 3 days. The Vichy forces then conducted a withdraw down the length of the island with lots of ambush's by both sides. South African and Sundanese chasing them. The Vichy were hoping that the Axis would come to the rescue but surrendered by November of 1942.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Operation Dragoon in southern France doesn't get a lot of love. There was some heavy fighting in Toulon involving Free French and French resistance fighters. I thought a scenario from that would be cool but I couldn't find much for English source material. The battle around Montélimar was pretty intense and involved the storied 11th Panzer Division.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Operation Dragoon in southern France doesn't get a lot of love. There was some heavy fighting in Toulon involving Free French and French resistance fighters. I thought a scenario from that would be cool but I couldn't find much for English source material. The battle around Montélimar was pretty intense and involved the storied 11th Panzer Division.
There was the free downloadable Provence Pack.
But it seems that those scenarios didn't get a lot more love than the operation itself.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
There was the free downloadable Provence Pack.
But it seems that those scenarios didn't get a lot more love than the operation itself.
To be honest, I was unaware of the Provence Pack. I'll check it out.