Normandy HASL!!!!

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per a post Chas put on FB, the rules for this CG are in layout right now (including a screen-shot). SWEET! I hope it's not too far away from going on pre-order.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per a post Chas put on FB, the rules for this CG are in layout right now (including a screen-shot). SWEET! I hope it's not too far away from going on pre-order.
Which Facebook page are you referring to? I don't see it on the MMP page timeline.

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which Facebook page are you referring to? I don't see it on the MMP page timeline.
It's on the Advanced Squad Leader group's page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/advancedsquadleader/

Scott - I was hoping Chas would post the photos here. If he doesn't do so shortly, I'll see if I can figure out how to link to it directly. It's nothing earth-shattering (typical CG rules page) it's the fact that the project has reached that stage that's exciting (to me).

-N

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be great. I'm really looking forward to a Normandy HASL.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish whomever runs the group would let people in. I've had a request pending since the 17th.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While I will buy my usual 2 copies (it is ASL and official to boot), I have somewhat muted enthusiasm for this. I cannot quite pin down the exact reasons as there is only 1 other official Normandy HASL (PB) and this is the 1st featuring a US cast. I suppose it is similar to how I feel about Stalingrad, after RO I doubt that I will want to see another Stalingrad HASL. RO to me is the RB super booster pack and whether that is correct way to view it or not, that is my approach. I did buy CH's MK:HoD, but that was Stalingrad but not totally Stalingrad, IE mixed urban and rural.

I cannot really justify my feeling, it is just gut and I may revise my view as the project moves along or I get it in my grubby little paws.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
All the vehicles from Paratrooper came in BV v2 and v3. The only vehicles were a Pz IV C, a Marder I and 4 x R35. The Pz IV and Marder I were already in BV v1, the R35s, along with the sIG 33 armed Pz III conversion (from RB) were added in BV v2 and continued in v3.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All the vehicles from Paratrooper came in BV v2 and v3. The only vehicles were a Pz IV C, a Marder I and 4 x R35. The Pz IV and Marder I were already in BV v1, the R35s, along with the sIG 33 armed Pz III conversion (from RB) were added in BV v2 and continued in v3.
OK, sounds good. But the more AFVs the better......

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes. We need some of these french tanks in German hands, because of the scenarios for the fighting at La Fiere bridge.

Photo: Wrecked German tanks at the bridge destroyed by Bazooka team Lenold Peterson & Marcus Heim.

View attachment 48992

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. We need some of these french tanks in German hands, because of the scenarios for the fighting at La Fiere bridge.

Photo: Wrecked German tanks at the bridge destroyed by Bazooka team Lenold Peterson & Marcus Heim.

View attachment 48992
German's shooting captured Baz44s at the Americans using the captured German tanks that the German's captured from the French......

AWESOME......

But do we really need MORE 7-4-7 counters?

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was reviewing the Armory pages done by Reid Hutchinson as it related to the 5/8 counters in Paratrooper vs those in BV3. The R-35 tanks in German colors from Para were A,B,D & E, whereas they were a,b,c & d in BV3. Para included PzKfw IVC #E and Marder II #C. There is also a 75 AT 97/38 #E in Para. BV3 includes #A, B, C & D. The question becomes, then, whether there is need/room for the above counters in the Normandy HASL. Granted, we probably already have one "Yes" answer (Kevin). I suspect the timing of the release--ie before or after Yanks 2-- might influence what is included in the Normandy HASL.