Normandy HASL!!!!

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or, possibly, you might find there are so many things in playtest that we don't ever mention them all each time we publish an e-newsletter
Chas is right, Korea wasn't mentioned either, but Yanks was, so I wouldn't take lack of mention of Normandy being put off since Korea will be out in 2-3 months and it wasn't named at all in the letter.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Or, possibly, you might find there are so many things in playtest that we don't ever mention them all each time we publish an e-newsletter
Now that would make sense, and Logic, just be nice to know which/what is on the Horizon (say 12 months out) so we can start saving our cash now and planning our purchases.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Chas is right, Korea wasn't mentioned either, but Yanks was, so I wouldn't take lack of mention of Normandy being put off since Korea will be out in 2-3 months and it wasn't named at all in the letter.
Where did you hear Korea in 2-3 months?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are exuding a significant amount of wishful thinking pressure. Late 2016 might be more realistic.
I probably confused the new Yanks release date with Korea, my bad, but Korea's lack of mention and a late 2016 date doesn't mean it has become Armies of Oblivion

FDBarbarian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
May be a few long seasons ahead. The Orioles farm system doesn't have much in it. They need to restock. Injuries to some of their good prospects (Bundy I can think of off the top of my head) have not helped.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This was posted by Ken Dunn on the MMP Forum (CSW)

Normandy HASL

6 maps in 3 sets (they don't all connect). 3 for St Mere Eglise/Neuville/Hill 20; 2 for La Fiere/Amfreville; and 1 for Hill 30/Chef-du-Pont. Has a strategic map to connect them all together.

About 20 standalone scenarios, 1 CG for each of the map sets, and one strategic CG than ties them all together allowing you, the commander, to place a different emphasis on the action. Its the 82nd Airborne experience during D-Day.

In playtesting now! This was posted by Ken Dunn on the MMP Forum (CSW)
Great stuff! Sounds quite like the old On All Fronts Normandy Campaign game. Strategic map leading to scenarios based on the standard board set. I quite liked that idea, but never got around to playing the system. One to look forward to.

Cheers

Paul

tailesin

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Even being Airborne troops doesn't qualify them for "superfirepower" squads.

The most common weapon of infantry paratrops and glidermen was the M1 garand. In Normandy only the para squad had BAR's (one) and theorically no SMG at all. Gliderborne infantry squads did not have BAR's nor SMG's. It wasn't until December in the Ardennes than gliderborne infantry was authorized a BAR for each squad. So gliderborne infantry us squads should be somethig in between 457 or 557 until december 1944 to reflect their reduced firepower vs para squads.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Even being Airborne troops doesn't qualify them for "superfirepower" squads.

The most common weapon of infantry paratrops and glidermen was the M1 garand. In Normandy only the para squad had BAR's (one) and theorically no SMG at all. Gliderborne infantry squads did not have BAR's nor SMG's. It wasn't until December in the Ardennes than gliderborne infantry was authorized a BAR for each squad. So gliderborne infantry us squads should be somethig in between 457 or 557 until december 1944 to reflect their reduced firepower vs para squads.
While they didn't get BARs until lateish in '44, the para squad had 2 x M1919A6 LMG. By the end of '44 one of the M1919A6 was replaced by a BAR. Now while I agree that a BAR is not the equal of a M1919A6, ASL treats all inherent LMG roughly the same, whether they are Bren/ZB-26/30, Madsens, DP-28, MG-34/42 or BAR, the MG-34/42 giving the German rifle squad spraying fire and a hex extra range. That is the existing pattern, like it or not. All elite bolt action rifle squads are 4-R-M, as are many 1st line squads.

The US 748 descended from the SL era 847, which, like the German 838, was an impressionistic bogeyman. I would have seen a 667 as being closer, possibly allow a 767 to give an extra CC advantage.