Maybe... OoBs using available ASL Modules at the moment. Very hard topic.Anyone else care to contribute a topic? If enough people join in, we can run it as a series of essays and I will serve as editor.
what about :I was thinking of writing an ASL Players Guide which would cover such important topics as
Anyone else care to contribute a topic? If enough people join in, we can run it as a series of essays and I will serve as editor. We will make sure to pitch it to anyone who wants to run it. I will not be paying contributors much as I am looking to get rich of the shoulders of others efforts (I will be a TPP after all and ethics are not our strong suit apparently). Any interest in such a product? -- jim
- glass vs tower
- IFT v. IIFT
- Counter storage
- TTP v. "Official ASL"
- Little known rules and how you can use them to sleaze your opponent
- How to talk your opponent into playing the down side of one-sided dogs for tournament greatness
- ASOP: Rigid rule or sportsman's guideline
- Rules which I would like to see changed so I can be a better player
- Towards a more realistic ASL
- The fundamental importance of historical accuracy in determining a scenario's fun factor
- Missing unit types and how they would make the game better
- MMP's flaws and alternatives to their stewardship
- Living rules and how they would make ASL better (including a sub-topic on how a rules committe would be better than a central aughtority)
- Maybe a chapter on the the personalities of ASL
Please, players only topics. Your first two though are excellent suggestions.* How you can become a popular designer through a clever use of ROAR (including the mirror sub topic on how to bash a rival designer)
Black SS counters: Closet Jew-hater or just an eye for fashion?Please, players only topics. Your first two though are excellent suggestions.
I thought of some more:
- Rude treatment of fellow ASL'ers and how it helps to expand the hobby
- ASLSK: Spawn of the devil and how its killing the hobby
It was an excellent question; I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to put that kind of information into the preview. I've since updated the preview at lulu.com with that info. I may need to revise my images in the preview because of the downsampling. Thanks for the interest.Thank you for the detailed response...It is much appreciated sir!
I am beginning to think you should! Sales of my guide have increased since his announcement, so they would only increase more if you did one, too.Btw, I'm doing a Scenario Designer's Manual. Or should I call it Scenario Designers Manual? Hmm. Scenario Designers' Manual? Oh, this will take a long time. Only the title is soo much work. Anyway, it will be followed by the more extensive Scenario Designer's Textbook.
Sure they will...if MMP didn't want to publish them I could put them up for free download (or e-mail attachment). I wouldn't use CR'ed layout or graphics (unless given permission).Too bad the Curse of TPP will mean Darth Tater's designs will never see print.
I for one am acutely aware of that; I had considered simply bumping this thread initially rather than starting my own thread, but frankly did not want to resurrect the negative comments on Mark's book. I regret that the thread was bumped. However, now that conversation has moved here, I also thought it would be unseemly simply to bump my own thread, particularly since the questions were raised here.Talk of the handbook as opposed to the guide means this thread has been hijacked...