dirt nap for a terrorist...

Doc Martin

Reaction score
Hope they sunk him in the Marianas Trench, and had to break out the .50cals to help sink the casket.:devious:
If I remember correctly, it should have been sailcloth. Not that the USN has done a lot of Islamic burials at sea.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I remember correctly, it should have been sailcloth. Not that the USN has done a lot of Islamic burials at sea.
When I first heard about the sea burial, My first thought was some young petty officer kicking his body out of a chopper at about 500 ft. over the waves.:cool:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this EVENT an "elaborate HOAX"?

Where's the pictures?

Where's the satellite imagery?

Where's the BODY?

B E W A R E . . .. .

Remember "Capricorn One".....

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, 8 years to the day since W. stood beneath a Mission Accomplished banner.
Yep...the aircraft carrier he was standing on had accomplished it's mission...which is what the sailors on the ship (who made the banner)wanted it to say.

BTW, Obama announced the end of combat operations in Iraq...yet US soldiers were still being slain there...hmmmm...I suppose intellectual honesty is not your strong suit.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been haearing this. I think we give these a$$holes too much credit. Beiing careful is certainly a good idea, these a$$holes have probabaly already been trying as hard as they could to hurt us for the last 10 years, anyway.
Yeah, it ain't like they were kicked back Saturday knocking back some brew & brauts and now on Monday they are suddenly strapping on the tnt vests.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep...the aircraft carrier he was standing on had accomplished it's mission...which is what the sailors on the ship (who made the banner)wanted it to say.

BTW, Obama announced the end of combat operations in Iraq...yet US soldiers were still being slain there...hmmmm...I suppose intellectual honesty is not your strong suit.
Tater,

To answer your question.....

When GW stood on THAT aircraft carrier and proclaimed "Mission Accomplished". The US defeat the Iraqi Army units (conventional rules of war; aka Geneva Convention). Now that Obama has announced the end of "Combat Operations", that just means the US Army won't be paying the US Army combat pay and other financial entitlements. We have been fighting "Military Operations Other Than War" (MOOTW) since GW's announcement (still allows for combat pay and other financial entitlements). You NEED to read "between" the words...... (Ever heard of the words "Gullible Guy"?)

Last edited:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tater,

When GW stood on THAT aircraft carrier and proclaimed "Mission Accomplished". The US defeat the Iraqi Army units (conventional rules of war; aka Geneva Convention). Now that Obama has announced the end of "Combat Operations", that just means the US Army won't be paying the US Army combat pay and other financial entitlements. We have been fighting "Military Operations Other Than War" (MOOTW) since GW's announcement (still allows for combat pay and other financial entitlements). You NEED to read "between" the words...... (Ever heard of the words "Gullible Guy"?)
Sorry, my bad...I didn't realize that Obama's annoucment was actualy a "screw the soldiers" deal rather than jumping the gun on when real "combat" was over.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, my bad...I didn't realize that Obama's annoucment was actualy a "screw the soldiers" deal rather than jumping the gun on when real "combat" was over.
It's a "bean counter" thingy (which he perfected as a "community organizer")

Sorry to blast you out in public......

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's a "bean counter" thingy (which he perfected as a "community organizer")

Sorry to blast you out in public......
Community Organizer was not looking for some dude in a cave.

Tater,

Well I'm in Iraq, the pay has not changed! still getting all the extras.
Thanks for closing the Latrine Orderly's rumour factory

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Although it may be satisfying to the US and somewhat disruptive to Islamic guerrilla movements in the short term, it does not change much, really. It is not equivalent to the death of Hitler as the head of an organised belligerent state. AQ is a dispersed and amorphous organisation. The Taliban were allies, not the same organisation and will be relatively unaffected. They will have the moral satisfaction of him dying while facing his enemies and a martyr as such, rather than topping himself as abandoning his people as some seeing Hitler having done.