llUnited States
Final Grofaz Standings:
  1. Wes Vaughn [AR] (6-0)
  2. Bill Cirillo [VA] (5-1)
  3. George Tournemire [Belgium] (5-0)
  4. Sean Deller [NC] (4-1)
  5. Brian Wiersma [NY] (4-1)
  6. Joe Steadman [GA] (4-1)
  • Wes won as the defending Germans in 180 T-Patchers.
  • Wes advanced to the finals with a win over Sean Deller in AP198 Hassle at Hasselt. Wes's 75L on Level 2 hammered the attacking Brits complemented by his MMG in the steeple.
  • Bill won a hard fought match of 135 Acts of Defiance over Brian Wiersma. Bill's Russians suffered a series of setbacks to start the scenario (e.g. a pair of shiny red cards on the OBA's first 2 pulls), but he managed to get most of the reinforcing troops into the zone which was enough to pull out the W.
  • George Tournemire was to be paired with Wes in a semi final match as they were done early in the afternoon and it was obvious the Acts of Defiance game was going to go deep into the evening but George elected not to play.
  • George advanced to 5-0 with a win over Joe Steadman in J207 Unhorsed. George had the Americans.
  • Sean moved to 4-0 with a win over Derek Ritter AP195 Break In on Rollbahn A. Sean had the defending Americans.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Official Attendance was 127...

Saturday Mini Results:
  • Bill Sisler Memorial - Mike Ziementz and Jim Mehl will be looking to play this one next year as they were poised for a dice off, but Mr. Ziementz arrived late Sunday morning and Jim headed out after the designated meeting time had passed.
  • Tommy Can You Hear Me? - Neil Dennis triumphed over Chuck Payne in the finale of the Brits mini. Don't tell anyone but they accidentally ended up with Gurkhas since they went off list having played many of the other options earlier in the week...
  • Land War in Asia - Ken Daughety doubles up in PTO minis with a finals win over John Garlic.
  • Rain on the Scarecrow - Jeff DeYoung Jedi mind tricked Larry Zoet into messing up his creeping barrage and cruising to an easy wood.
  • Bridge of Sorrows - Kevin Killeen downs Nathan Stapf to take home the bridge plaque. I believe the final was old school Schwerpunkt, SP2 Holding the Hotton Bridge
  • Wrongway's Ready or Revise? - Philippe Briaux takes home his 4th plaque of the week with a hard fought triumph over Maurizio Grassi. I think the theoretical maximum for plaques is probably 5 - if only Philippe had partaken in the World Cup he might have gotten there this year as IIRC he went 11-2 over the course of the week.
  • Start Me Up (ASLSK) - In a grudge match for the ages Mark Zielinski avenged his lost the day before to his son Collin to take him the SK plaque for the year.
  • Rock Boy - James Taylor & Jim Bishop prevailed in the Pursuit of Rock Boy over Tommy Cvetinovich and Pete Mudge. Sounded like it went down to the wire, but a German 658 held strong for the win...

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to all the winners and losers for providing quite a weekend of camaraderie and intense gaming! It goes without saying that Brett and Bill and the presence of Perry Cocke allowed everything to run like clockwork. Still, without a younger complement of ASL players it feels sometimes like we are not only the "Old Breed," but also the last of the Mohicans. Loved the new home for ASLOK.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Still, without a younger complement of ASL players it feels sometimes like we are not only the "Old Breed," but also the last of the Mohicans. Loved the new home for ASLOK.
There is some truth in that. When looking at one of the pictures in this thread, I observed that it apparently showed not a single person without grey hair - except for some bald ones...

von Marwitz

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Official Attendance was 127...

Saturday Mini Results:
  • Bill Sisler Memorial - Mike Ziementz and Jim Mehl will be looking to play this one next year as they were poised for a dice off, but Mr. Ziementz arrived late Sunday morning and Jim headed out after the designated meeting time had passed.
  • Tommy Can You Hear Me? - Neil Dennis triumphed over Chuck Payne in the finale of the Brits mini. Don't tell anyone but they accidentally ended up with Gurkhas since they went off list having played many of the other options earlier in the week...
  • Land War in Asia - Ken Daughety doubles up in PTO minis with a finals win over John Garlic.
  • Rain on the Scarecrow - Jeff DeYoung Jedi mind tricked Larry Zoet into messing up his creeping barrage and cruising to an easy wood.
  • Bridge of Sorrows - Kevin Killeen downs Nathan Stapf to take home the bridge plaque. I believe the final was old school Schwerpunkt, SP2 Holding the Hotton Bridge
  • Wrongway's Ready or Revise? - Philippe Briaux takes home his 4th plaque of the week with a hard fought triumph over Maurizio Grassi. I think the theoretical maximum for plaques is probably 5 - if only Philippe had partaken in the World Cup he might have gotten there this year as IIRC he went 11-2 over the course of the week.
  • Start Me Up (ASLSK) - In a grudge match for the ages Mark Zielinski avenged his lost the day before to his son Collin to take him the SK plaque for the year.
  • Rock Boy - James Taylor & Jim Bishop prevailed in the Pursuit of Rock Boy over Tommy Cvetinovich and Pete Mudge. Sounded like it went down to the wire, but a German 658 held strong for the win...
I believe Jim and Jim were playing the Russians for the win.