Red Factories Preordered!

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gonna be jumping in on this. Seems RF is a no-brainer given the components being upgraded. I assume the rules will have errata and be on a larger font. The DFTB scenario additions are also a nice surprise from MMP.

I am a bit torn on updating the map, which I assume is related the the "Chemist's Shop" and probably a few other locations. Changing key things like stone locations is not good. It is a game after all and has to be abstracted somewhat. I guess I will just have to trust the good people at MMP to make the right call.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder how much "Free" marketing MMP will get out of this. I know I am emailing everyone I can think of who might be interested in this and adding FB as well. :)

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Red Factories looks incredible (love that the artwork will be re-painted to match the two HASLs together). I missed both originals, so for once I feel good about having missed the last decade+ of ASL!! Of course I just got VotG and number of Action Packs, so I'll have my work cut out for me if they can turn preorders into finished product too soon!:waiting:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pre-ordered through Scott and Crystal Blanton just now. Quite happy to see this in the Preorder stackup finally. Thanks MMP.

:)

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I assume the rules will have errata and be on a larger font.
The v2 Chapter O (which came with BV2) already integrated most of the errata that existed at that time, and had the larger typeface. I guess the Chapter O that will come with RF will be v3.

I am a bit torn on updating the map, which I assume is related the the "Chemist's Shop" and probably a few other locations. Changing key things like stone locations is not good. It is a game after all and has to be abstracted somewhat. I guess I will just have to trust the good people at MMP to make the right call.
I imagine that each scenario (and CG) will be examined for balance issues and updates will be made appropriately. That surely would have to include any map changes that might have an impact on each individual scenario. I'm not too worried about that. I doubt that the map changes will be extreme in nature. Perhaps MMP (or someone) will put together a set of overlays to upgrade the existing maps, at least in key places?

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Wish MMP would make the countersheets available as well...
Some folks like to have enough counters for the HUGE CGs....
If they print ALL of the "special" counters on the Red October countersheets, you can preorder the stand-alone RO to get more of them, instead of buying two of the more expensive RF.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But wait, nail your copy of the CH version of RO and get $1.00 off MRSP. This is a very limited print, so nail your copy before supplies run out.

Scott

No dumbass, they're going all Critical Hit and will make the hexes different on both maps so they can sell an updated version later.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Wow. You have to be careful with the new forum software and "ignored" users. It strips out all references to anything ignored -- including quotes from ignored posts! At first glance AZslim's post followed directly on from mine, and I was wondering what did I say to piss him off like that? I had to click on the "show ignored content" button to follow what was actually going on.

The moral of this little story is, it's better to put fuckwits on "ignore" than reply to anything that they post. (But then. that's always been true.)

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I wonder how much "Free" marketing MMP will get out of this. I know I am emailing everyone I can think of who might be interested in this and adding FB as well. :)
It's called "influencer marketing" and MMP are obviously very good at it! It's no easy task to build this kind of customer base.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At first, I was just going to order Red October--having owned Red Barricades since it was originally released. However, given that the RB map would be re-painted and (more importantly) that the price for the additional components was only $24, it convinced me that pre-ordering Red Factories was the correct choice. I expect that the shipping cost will be a little higher ($6 more?), but that still makes it the better bargain.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the pre-order number that must be reached? (Too busy working to look.)