What boardgames have you played recently?

vetsurg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love the Next War series by GMT (India-Pakistan, Korea, Taiwan, Poland, and VietNam). They play very well solo. Currently playing Next War: Poland.

Robin Reeve

φιλέω ASL אני אוהב
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I am rediscovering Pathfinder the Card Game, which had been sleeping in a cupboard for about seven years.
I am enjoying a solo campaign.
The game is simple, and the characters' progression is at just the right rythm.
Here, my rogue dwarf and my priestess have beaten the leader of hordes of living dead scarecrows and cursed golems.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llPoland
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps, very stylish co-op players vs. game style.

It tends to slow down a bit when situation escalates beyond recognition and we didn't manage to win, but if you're fan of the Alien saga, it's really fun game with a bit of RPG-esque narrative implied to it.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, I find myself getting back into ASL. Not that I ever stopped playing, but the enthusiasm I had for the system had waned over the years. It didn’t grab me the way it did 10 years ago. Pleased to announce that the enthusiasm has returned and I’m now enjoying a revival of my love for the game. Looks like I could be getting around 7 hours a week live play time via VASL against some pretty impressive players. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile I’m continuing to enjoy my first La Batt game as the fight for the crossroads at Quatre Bras approaches a tipping point at 5 in the afternoon. The French infantry, after some early gains against the Dutch Belgian infantry, are now struggling against a rapidly strengthening British/Allied line. Kellerman is being urged on by Ney as Wellington rushes around his brigade leaders issuing orders like a man possessed. The French can only look on in dismay as they see a column of British guards, in the form of 2 brigades, approaching from Nivelles. A battalion of Dutch Belgians continues to hang on for grim death in Gemioncourt. Are the French running out of steam?

Also playing another game of Red Storm. Warsaw Pact have the numbers and rolling two lots of MiG 29s has certainly helped me survive thus far against some excellent play by my opponent Jeff, who has been very patient correcting my rules errors during the game. Very much a scenario of quality versus quantity as we battle it out over the skies on central Germany in 1985.
This retirement lark is turning out to be to be quite good from a gaming perspective.

Last edited: