What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suppose if I listened too the usual pitmann propaganda machine and his small but very vocal posse, I too might think that the black SS counters are unpopular, but most of us who ignore the propaganda spewed by pitmann and posse know better, the black SS counters remain very popular part of ASL. maybe not on this forum due to a few homegrown crazies as well as few whack jobs abroad but then again, the people who seem to complain the most play the least.

Scott

I would put it that MiB have a vocal and enthusiastic niche appeal for some.
I would guess from many years of reading posts here and in CSW that very roughly 1/6 are "MiB, f*** Yeah", 1/6 are "MiB, the spawn of Satan" and 2/3 are "Maybe, but whatever!".

While they have some aesthetic appeal, I'm in the "Blue is good enough" and MiB gives me a slight bit of unease. There are a few scenarios where Black (like Pitman's RPT 34 "Last Stand Of The Besotten Jenny") distinguishes sides or special abilities and are useful but most cases not. Otherwise I don't care whether others use blue or black.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I suppose if I listened too the usual pitmann propaganda machine and his small but very vocal posse, I too might think that the black SS counters are unpopular, but most of us who ignore the propaganda spewed by pitmann and posse know better, the black SS counters remain very popular part of ASL. maybe not on this forum due to a few homegrown crazies as well as few whack jobs abroad but then again, the people who seem to complain the most play the least.

Scott
Hey Scott, I just bought these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131877636737?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Hopefully they are all there. Looks like some SL too!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Heat of Battle back in the Eddie Zeman days, started the whole ASL version of the Black SS counter thing but instead of SS runes he used the Totenkopf skull, MMP then published a set of Black SS counters with ABtF but this was a full OB counter set. Now CH has a set of Black SS counters up for order on their website. The SS counters in black are a very very popular part of ASL.
I just realized I bowdlerized my MMP black counters but I have other sets. I guess I have to get to work. Thanks, Scott!

JR

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CH annual 3 arrived today, got one free and got 50% off a second one. (which means I paid 59 buck plus shipping). You get the Bir el Gubi map and CG (edited) the Bir el Gubi map looks very nice, A Desert Crucible CG using WoA geo boards (I think this was an online CG that came out years ago) and the St Georges Purple Hartdraw map (the CH version) with just scenarios no CG. The magazine is 50 pages with a couple of articles by me and a few others. (I'm sure herr pitmann cant wait to rip into my work). There are a couple of sheets of counters. The only odd thing was the inclusion of a couple of Algerian scenarios (useless to me) and one odd scenario about Kelly's Hero's.

Scott

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Don't have them yet but ordered the latest 2 LCP items (Ost Front 3 and Blitzkrieg in the West - Northern Campaign) along with a non ASL item (The Gamers' Last Blitzkreig).

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
George Kellns latest for fun pack. Oh and some CH stuff.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CH annual 3 arrived today, got one free and got 50% off a second one. (which means I paid 59 buck plus shipping). You get the Bir el Gubi map and CG (edited) the Bir el Gubi map looks very nice, A Desert Crucible CG using WoA geo boards (I think this was an online CG that came out years ago) and the St Georges Purple Hartdraw map (the CH version) with just scenarios no CG. The magazine is 50 pages with a couple of articles by me and a few others. (I'm sure herr pitmann cant wait to rip into my work). There are a couple of sheets of counters. The only odd thing was the inclusion of a couple of Algerian scenarios (useless to me) and one odd scenario about Kelly's Hero's.

Scott
Nice Article on Hedgerows Scott. For those that don't know, the 2 Algerian scenarios are bonus scenarios for the Newer CH French Algeria - Djebel Fighters pack. They are useful to some people.

rykirk

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just ordered Bloody Buron and Ozerekya Breakout from LCP. Hoping I can fudge my way through OzB with Partisan and Festung Budapest, cause Armies of Oblivion ain't happenin' at $400+. If not, well that's what VASL is for.

For the record, black SS are the best SS.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Don't have them yet but ordered the latest 2 LCP items (Ost Front 3 and Blitzkrieg in the West - Northern Campaign) along with a non ASL item (The Gamers' Last Blitzkreig).
They arrived today, which was a pretty quick turnaround given that their arrival in the retailer (SCG) was only approximately known. BitW-NC has 14 counters (4 extra Pz II A, 2 kl.Pz.Bef.Wg I B, 2 Dutch 57mm 6 lbr and 6 German light trucks). While the Dutch gun and the command Pz I variants are not in the official set, so too are the German light trucks. The latter are particularly welcome as a very significant fraction of German trucks would fall into that category.

LB is the latest in my Bulge collection, having started on that particular addiction way, way back with SPI's "Wacht am Rhein". I have lost count of full WaR campaign games that I have, something like 6 or 8, never mind some smaller sub-campaign games.

alanlynott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They arrived today, which was a pretty quick turnaround given that their arrival in the retailer (SCG) was only approximately known. BitW-NC has 14 counters (4 extra Pz II A, 2 kl.Pz.Bef.Wg I B, 2 Dutch 57mm 6 lbr and 6 German light trucks). While the Dutch gun and the command Pz I variants are not in the official set, so too are the German light trucks. The latter are particularly welcome as a very significant fraction of German trucks would fall into that category.

LB is the latest in my Bulge collection, having started on that particular addiction way, way back with SPI's "Wacht am Rhein". I have lost count of full WaR campaign games that I have, something like 6 or 8, never mind some smaller sub-campaign games.
BCS Last Blitzkrieg looks very interesting, but a bit pricey for me. I would love to hear your thoughts on LB Paul when you've had a play with it.

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
Purchased LCP's Blitzkrieg in the West from Ritterkrieg. Looks like a nifty little pack from George!

Also slowly working through organizing a second counter set into Raaco. First set is in Plano 3701s.

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
Purchased LCP's Blitzkrieg in the West from Ritterkrieg. Looks like a nifty little pack from George!

Also slowly working through organizing a second counter set into Raaco. First set is in Plano 3701s.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Last product I got was Poland in Flames. Still waiting on a mail order for a map bundle, the French postal system managed to lose my parcel and I'm having a hell of a time getting them to admit it so I can get a refund.