Update from HoB on Kreta

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woman? WHO NEEDS EM'! All the guyz on these forums do is complain about their wives. I'm sure I'll get a good woman that doesnt cost me a dime.

The good ones are for free and dont ask you for anything... right?

- The Canadian Dude
Oh this is TOO funny! You need them to watch the kids while you go play ASL.:clown: The good ones are free. That one made me spit up my coffee.

Actually I find most wifes of ASLer to be quit nice. I guess they figure he's more interested in that game than hoe'in around.:clown:

My ASL buddy is coming over Sat to play Merzenhausen Zoo. I play all day she goes shopping. Everybodies happy. She comes home with bags full wi'll I'm trying to save my last Tiger and goes "look what I got honey I saved $20 on these shoes." I look real quick go "Those are nice". I hear snakes Critical hit! Who cares how much she spent. I've got a war to fight.:smoke:

A small price to pay.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, Canadian Dude, look at it this way, you and Lost have built up so much good will here that when you turn 18 you'll probably find a bunch of people here willing to donate or sell cheaply all sorts of extra copies and odds and ends from their collections.

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, Canadian Dude, look at it this way, you and Lost have built up so much good will here that when you turn 18 you'll probably find a bunch of people here willing to donate or sell cheaply all sorts of extra copies and odds and ends from their collections.
Pft, like Lost needs it. His old man is an old ASL vet so they own everything already (including Red Barricades). But I wont be living in the same town as Lost come next year (he's already been accepted into his first choice and I didn't even apply to university in that town). Lucky bastard. I have to actually go out and audition for my programs (University Theater Performance is my goal if I'm lucky).

And very true, forumites have been very kind to me so far, especially with MMP and their sale :) Next buy will be VoTG, but that will be sometime down the road, especially since I gotta wait for the pre-orders to leave. Not that I mind, I mite not have the spare cash even by them (I don't like spending money anymore. It's either towards the new amp or savings).

Hopefully I'll end up in a good ASL town. Actually my three top choices are big cities, one of which I know has a good ASL scene so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up in university.

- The Canadian Dude

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pft, like Lost needs it. His old man is an old ASL vet so they own everything already (including Red Barricades). But I wont be living in the same town as Lost come next year (he's already been accepted into his first choice and I didn't even apply to university in that town). Lucky bastard. I have to actually go out and audition for my programs (University Theater Performance is my goal if I'm lucky).

And very true, forumites have been very kind to me so far, especially with MMP and their sale :) Next buy will be VoTG, but that will be sometime down the road, especially since I gotta wait for the pre-orders to leave. Not that I mind, I mite not have the spare cash even by them (I don't like spending money anymore. It's either towards the new amp or savings).

Hopefully I'll end up in a good ASL town. Actually my three top choices are big cities, one of which I know has a good ASL scene so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up in university.

- The Canadian Dude
And when you do finally have money to buy whatever ASL stuff you want, you won't have time to play as much as you want. Job, Kids, Life.

I can't wait to retire. :D

Enjoy higher education, there will probably be more ASLers in your university town!

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Canadian "soon to be matriculating" Dude states:

"Actually my three top choices are big cities, one of which I know has a good ASL scene so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up in university."

Which reminds me of some sage advice from Mr. JR Tracy from way back in the day:

"Don't worry, scholarship money only goes toward a college degree, which in turn prepares you for a job you'll despise because you'd rather be playing ASL."

Truer words have never been spoken.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Sorry to jump further off topic, but a decent tube amp in the 30-50 watt range should run you $400-$500, often less if you keep an eye out for deals.

Also, from most folks opinions, the modelling amps aren't too bad, & usually pretty reasonably priced.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have to actually go out and audition for my programs (University Theater Performance is my goal if I'm lucky).
Hey, right on. I've only done one professional gig (I have a real job :laugh:), but I have a ball doing amateur stuff on stage. I'll be doing "Twelfth Night" in June. You've got a lot of ballz to try to make a career of it. Break a leg.

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry to jump further off topic, but a decent tube amp in the 30-50 watt range should run you $400-$500, often less if you keep an eye out for deals.

Also, from most folks opinions, the modelling amps aren't too bad, & usually pretty reasonably priced.
yeah, I found a nice modeling amp with a tube pre-amp. Vox Valvetronix AD50. I'm gonna go in one more time and try it out again, but judging from reviews and some time in the store, it'll be the amp I get. Next time I go in I'm really gonna see if I can get the tone I want out of it. Gonna aim for that bluesy early Led Zeppelin tone. If it can do that, it can probably do all the other stuff I want it to do. oh! and a good Cream tone if I can.

And yes, I do know my guitar has a big effect on these, but I stumble upon a really nice (fake) Semi-hollow LP half a year ago and I've always loved the tone that came out of it so yeah. The amp runs for about 355$ CDN + Tax. Should be a good buy, it also has a bunch of effects on it.

If you know anything about the amp, good or bad, do tell me.

- The Canadian Dude

hershmeister

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you guys should stop complaining about the price difference bwteen VOTG and Creat - pretty soon MMP will figure out that their prices are actually lower than what the market will bear and RAISE their prices!