Red Factories Countermix

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no differences in the rules from RB to RF. In playtest we tried to get changes done to the RB rules like gutted buildings, limited HMG allotment, limiting leadership IE you dont get a 10-3 out the gates. Rubble as rally terrain, recalled or wrecked tanks are resurrected but it all got rejected with the stipulation that those rule variations might be in a Journal article.

There no NKVD units in RF. Basically this campaign is just an extension of RB that is all. What you get with RB rules wise is what you get with RF with some minor building explanations and I think a 122 Gun RG.

Scott

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no differences in the rules from RB to RF. In playtest we tried to get changes done to the RB rules like gutted buildings, limited HMG allotment, limiting leadership IE you dont get a 10-3 out the gates. Rubble as rally terrain, recalled or wrecked tanks are resurrected but it all got rejected with the stipulation that those rule variations might be in a Journal article.

There no NKVD units in RF. Basically this campaign is just an extension of RB that is all. What you get with RB rules wise is what you get with RF with some minor building explanations and I think a 122 Gun RG.

Scott
Thanks Scott. Sorry to hear there's not much change incorporated into the product itself, however a Journal or special RB/RO manual treatment of possible additions to them would be greatly appreciated as well.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well that fat ass pitmann probably knows more than me since he has said I know nothing about this game. BTW where is that big old tub of lard?

Thanks Scott. Sorry to hear there's not much change incorporated into the product itself, however a Journal or special RB/RO manual treatment of possible additions to them would be greatly appreciated as well.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Scott
With you play testing it, Scott, it's going to be as good as it can be. Can't wait to finally try this CG!

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well that fat ass pitmann probably knows more than me since he has said I know nothing about this game. BTW where is that big old tub of lard?
For a minute there you sounded like an elder statesman of the hobby and then ... this ... Was there a need or a point for this? I get that you and Mark don't love each other, but did this comment add anything to the discussion?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you posting on enworld?

For a minute there you sounded like an elder statesman of the hobby and then ... this ... Was there a need or a point for this? I get that you and Mark don't love each other, but did this comment add anything to the discussion?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the countersheets include upgraded font on the German/Russian SMC's it will be worth it since it got missed on the new BV

LHMG

Reaction score
Any word on when it might be released. Thanks for any info.

nickgb

Reaction score
Well, you can wait to get yours on Tuesday. Probably won't be sold out until Wednesday.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VOTG has scenarios from September 1942 to January 1943 according to Desperation Morale.
Looking the ASL Scenario Archive, RB is October-December 1942.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There is a gap between the RB+RO (RF) combination and the VotG map areas. As far as I recall the two are not too well aligned, to boot. You would need an odd trapezoid map section to join RF and VotG, roughly the size of the VotG map.