Red Factories Countermix

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I've never played the CH Grain Elevator package, but I do own it. It was a functional if not very attractive map covering a very small area (about 10 x 20 hexes?) and had two Platoon Leader CGs (and no stand-alone scenarios). At least the hexes were a good size, unlike the tiny ones used on the Tractor Works map. IIRC reviews from the people who did play it were not very positive, but that might be more because of the inherent problems of the PL rules; I'm not entirely sure that the situation is really suited for any CG format, but even assuming a CG would be the right way to play it, it's pretty much a lock that the PL rules would not be a good fit.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played the CG once; the problem is that the Grain Elevator is a dominate feature on a small map. The soviets fortified it to the top (or it may start the game fortified to the top by CG SSR?) and put a 76L on the third floor, MGs everywhere else. The Germans got slaughtered just entering the map. The map also has the early CH habit of slopping buildings over into adjacent, non-building hexes, making for some very strange LOS blockages.

Peter Quant

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Surely it's only a matter of time before all of Stalingrad is published to ASL scale! And then all of the East Front!