New MMP DASL pack

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh well.

Thought that MMP might have invested the time to make DASL playable with GHQ miniatures as well....

I got enough Micro-armor for an American BN task force, German Kamfpgruppe, or a Russian Tank BDE.

NicosRex

Reaction score
First name
Nic
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Really struggling to decide if I will buy this or not. I have my original SoF and HH, and a fair few of the extra scenarios in this pack. My boards are in pretty good condition so at the moment I don't think that I can justify the outlay for a few scenarios and overlays. This may change depending on the scale of changes to the scenarios that I already own in the rebalancing. My return to the hobby after a break of nearly 20 years has already been something of a financial catastrophe and CdG and FKaK are looming.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Really struggling to decide if I will buy this or not. I have my original SoF and HH, and a fair few of the extra scenarios in this pack. My boards are in pretty good condition so at the moment I don't think that I can justify the outlay for a few scenarios and overlays. This may change depending on the scale of changes to the scenarios that I already own in the rebalancing. My return to the hobby after a break of nearly 20 years has already been something of a financial catastrophe and CdG and FKaK are looming.
It may indeed be wise to concentrate on the core modules - I think that, in your place, I would just do that.
The new graphics are the main reason for my preordering the Deluxe redux, as they will be compatible with the WO pack and the LFT one.
The overlays are also a positive element for me.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My return to the hobby after a break of nearly 20 years has already been something of a financial catastrophe.
I was playing someone on VASL who had returned to the hobby. His wife had taken his credit card away after he had spend USD$15,000 catching up on stuff that he had missed.
ASL - the game of financial catastrophe :)
The thing is it costs us all the same - but for most people the cost has been spread out over 30 years which makes it a really cheap hobby.

NicosRex

Reaction score
First name
Nic
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It may indeed be wise to concentrate on the core modules - I think that, in your place, I would just do that.
The new graphics are the main reason for my preordering the Deluxe redux, as they will be compatible with the WO pack and the LFT one.
The overlays are also a positive element for me.
I am fortunate that I bought the first 10 AH core modules as they came out, and they are still adequate for use. When I needed to scratch the itch to play again I treated myself to the latest versions of the rulebook and BV (you can never have too many system counters, right?). I was so impressed bu the new style maps and counters that Yanks followed along with the pocket rulebook, Rat Charts, and SK #1 to be used as a tool to tempt friends into playing. Clinging on with my fingernails to avoid falling too deeply down the rabbit hole I am going to leave the DASL for the moment while I wrestle with my conscience over AoO.

CdG is an absolute no brainer, Dinant looks very interesting. SWMBO is getting me Hatten for Christmas, which just leaves Red Factories to agonise over Not in too much of a hurry for that either as I have my original RB to keep me busy for now.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was playing someone on VASL who had returned to the hobby. His wife had taken his credit card away after he had spend USD$15,000 catching up on stuff that he had missed.
ASL - the game of financial catastrophe :)
The thing is it costs us all the same - but for most people the cost has been spread out over 30 years which makes it a really cheap hobby.
How did he spend 15 grand! I caught up for over 30 years of absence with maybe a tenth of that -- what did he buy?

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How did he spend 15 grand! I caught up for over 30 years of absence with maybe a tenth of that -- what did he buy?
I did not like to ask - he was in Switzerland so maybe taxes added to the cost? Also shipping costs?

Last edited: