New MMP DASL pack

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Is that errata or are you just trying to start a conversation?
Fair question.

It's actually from the "updates/changes" file I compiled when proofreading the Deluxe Redux scenarios. I formatted it like it might appear in the Debriefing section of an ASL Annual.

But it's not official (yet) of course. Sorry for not stating that in my original post.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
It’s still shipping to Preorders. After that, I would expect an image on the Products page.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Does anyone know if there are any new scenarios in the pipeline using the new Deluxe overlays? In the next Journal maybe?
Dave

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yep I can confirm its arrived here with us and Winter Offensive!

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I'm afraid that I have discovered an egregious error in the DASL module that has me seriously reconsidering the value of my purchase. When I reveal this error to you all, some of you may be tempted to just burn your games or even quit playing ASL altogether. Truly, some individuals may have been correct when they called DASL pointless and useless.

The error is, the original version of "Back to School" was dated in 1943. The reprinted version is dated 1942.

Clearly, the scenario is now an unbalanced dog, since the change in date permits the Russians to exchange their 8-1 for a 10-0. Wait! A Commissar who's also a Commando?! Let the conspiracy theories begin ....

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I noticed that, when possible, the designers of the older scenarios are now indicated (Don Greenwood, Rex Martin, Charles Kibler,...).
I want to salute that decision from MMP - who initiated the indication of who designed the scenarios.
It also brings back nice memories about those people who launched the ASL phenomenon.
Are Don and Rex still active within the (war)gaming world?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to salute that decision from MMP - who initiated the indication of who designed the scenarios.
We were spurred on in this by the then editor of The GENERAL—Stuart Tucker—with whom we were working at the time, and who published the first credited scenarios.

Are Don and Rex still active within the (war)gaming world?
Rex is not active, AFAIK.
Don retired from running the WBC a couple of years ago, but still plays there.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks for the informations, Perry!