New MMP DASL pack

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
How did he spend 15 grand! I caught up for over 30 years of absence with maybe a tenth of that -- what did he buy?
I don't think it is possible to catch up on 30 years of absence with only $1500. Unless you only buy official stuff. The guy who spent over 15K probably bought loads of TPP.

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It probably depends a lot on what you mean by "catch up". I came back to the hobby about 3 1/2 years ago, after a 15-year hiatus or so. I have been buying the missing APs, all newer core modules to replace the older, and quite a lot of TPP stuff (LFT, Bounding Fire, Friendly Fire, Lone Canuck) - I don't think I've bought a single item over the normal retail price (at least, what passes for the normal retail price around here). I have not kept track, but I'd say I spent roughly 2000 euros, maybe 2500.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think it is possible to catch up on 30 years of absence with only $1500. Unless you only by official stuff. The guy who spent over 15K probably bought loads of TPP.
I got mostly core modules and I waited for AoO to be rereleased and I didn't opt for ridiculously overpriced stuff like Tarawa or Arnheim. However, It may be closer to the 2K that Philppe D. mentioned.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It probably depends a lot on what you mean by "catch up". I came back to the hobby about 3 1/2 years ago, after a 15-year hiatus or so. I have been buying the missing APs, all newer core modules to replace the older, and quite a lot of TPP stuff (LFT, Bounding Fire, Friendly Fire, Lone Canuck) - I don't think I've bought a single item over the normal retail price (at least, what passes for the normal retail price around here). I have not kept track, but I'd say I spent roughly 2000 euros, maybe 2500.
Similar story for me.

I looked at my purchases in the last 2 years since renewing this hobby. I have original modules BV, P, Y, WoA, CdG, CoB, GH, RB, KGP1 and Solitaire.

So far purchased replacements of BV and Y. New DB, AoO, HP and FW. SKs 1-4, HiF, RF. All Journals, WO packs and APs that have been available (13). Map Set 1-52,

Rat Charts, Some BG counters. Most of the Lone Canuck Tactical Missions and most of the Bounding Fire packs.

Total: $2,794. All retail prices. Mostly from RitterKrieg.

New CdG, FKaC, Delux on order.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Similar story for me.

I looked at my purchases in the last 2 years since renewing this hobby. I have original modules BV, P, Y, WoA, CdG, CoB, GH, RB, KGP1 and Solitaire.

So far purchased replacements of BV and Y. New DB, AoO, HP and FW. SKs 1-4, HiF, RF. All Journals, WO packs and APs that have been available (13). Map Set 1-52,

Rat Charts, Some BG counters. Most of the Lone Canuck Tactical Missions and most of the Bounding Fire packs.

Total: $2,794. All retail prices. Mostly from RitterKrieg.

New CdG, FKaC, Delux on order.
Ok, you are not back in the hobby yet there pal; ;) you are missing one pair of precision dice from Battleschool, doesn't have to be a themed set, even the plain "backgammon" ones count (that is what I use). Get cracking and bump that total for the two year period a bit. Tell Chris I sent ya..he might cut you a deal.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, you are not back in the hobby yet there pal; ;) you are missing one pair of precision dice from Battleschool, doesn't have to be a themed set, even the plain "backgammon" ones count (that is what I use). Get cracking and bump that total for the two year period a bit. Tell Chris I sent ya..he might cut you a deal.
Got'em. Earlier this year Ritter was offering free ones if you ordered Blood and Jungle or Poland in Flames. So now I have two sets.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, your spreadsheet needs up-dating coz you didn't account for it in your trail of dead presidents spent for fun...that would be a line item $0 as comp.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anticipate Packing/Shipping notices within the next week or so. I ordered the same day pre-ordering was opened, so hopefully it will be a quick turn once the Packing notice comes in.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I already own enough concealment counters to build an actual house out of. In any case, DASL requires no more than the usual number, as is explicitly noted in J2.17.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Nothing about a counter sheet was mentioned in the DASL Redux description.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, not at all what I expected for the style! Like it though.