Congratulations Chas!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One secret that Chas has failed to mention is that ALL graduates of the "Jedi Academy" get issued a BIG black "8 ball" that will assist them in the planning stages of future MOOTW scenarios. :nuts:

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One secret that Chas has failed to mention is that ALL graduates of the "Jedi Academy" get issued a BIG black "8 ball" that will assist them in the planning stages of future MOOTW scenarios. :nuts:
You mean the "Octal Decision Support System"? :clown:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas: Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy!:)
Congratulations, man.
Right!

I think Chas thought the school time at Ft Levenworth was lots of fun (yea, it was fun having him here in the central USA)... big problem for him is that he cannot take the research library with him when he leaves. How ya gunna do the research for BFP 4 (Where is that going to be? Finland? or South Africa "Haka Zulu") :)

Best regards,:salute:
John

Last edited:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right!

I think Chas thought the school time at Ft Levenworth was lots of fun (yea, it was fun having him here in the central USA)... big problem for him is that he cannot take the research library with him when he leaves. How ya gunna do the research for BFP 4 (Where is that going to be? Finland? or South Africa "Haka Zulu") :)

Best regards,:salute:
John
If Chas waited until now to begin the research for the next project we would all be in trouble. :D Some of the stuff to be released has been in developement for over twenty years...most for a couple of years. Definitely not "thrown together" stuff!
Next release after B&J has yet to be decided upon for certain, but since Chas has at least two designs in the works, I've got eight projects at various stages of completion, and other BFP staffers have another two or three in the loop, I believe we should have plenty to select from for the next release after B&J.
FYI - B&J is a compliation of scenarios from several designers and has been a fantastic project to work on. It covers a very broad spectrum of PTO/Asia actions from early 1930's through late 1940's after WWII ended.
Of course, since the first four BFP releases (including HoW) have all been from the Chasinator, I do hope (self promotion placed here) I have a shot at the next one. :D Bribery is a definite possibility. :laugh:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Chas waited until now to begin the research for the next project we would all be in trouble. :D Some of the stuff to be released has been in developement for over twenty years...most for a couple of years. Definitely not "thrown together" stuff!
Next release after B&J has yet to be decided upon for certain,...
[big snip]
..... It covers a very broad spectrum of PTO/Asia actions from early 1930's through late 1940's after WWII ended.
Of course, since the first four BFP releases (including HoW) have all been from the Chasinator, I do hope (self promotion placed here) I have a shot at the next one. :D Bribery is a definite possibility. :laugh:
Very exciting! Drive on!

Best regards, :salute:
John

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yes, Marianas. Everything else is too complicated to answer. Sounds like you have drank a bit of Naveh cool-aid. My paper indirectly goes against him. Perhaps you should read the paper yourself.

Chas

Operation Forager was the invasion of the Marianas right?

I remember reading the U.S official histories of the campaign when I was at University a fair few years ago. (Donated by Ridgeway no less - and stamped about four times in twelve years).

From what I can recall - the ground campaign was pretty much by the numbers (with the exception of Tinian where the landing came on the difficult but lightly defended beaches.)

'Modern' operational art (not that I'm an expert) I would have thought is about hitting the enemy C3I, destroying the will to fight by hitting the strategic centre of gravity, and not worrying about formal battlelines...the GI's and USMC in 1944 were fighting a conventional battle, keeping the flanks tied in, and making essentially linear advances after the landings were established. So curious to see the parralels?

Or are you saying the 'centre of gravity' is the Marianas themselves, because the IJN would fight for them, and the carrier aviation losses in the battle of the Phillipine Sea were decisive?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next release after B&J has yet to be decided upon for certain, but since Chas has at least two designs in the works, I've got eight projects at various stages of completion, and other BFP staffers have another two or three in the loop, I believe we should have plenty to select from for the next release after B&J.
FYI - B&J is a compliation of scenarios from several designers and has been a fantastic project to work on. It covers a very broad spectrum of PTO/Asia actions from early 1930's through late 1940's after WWII ended.
Very interesting.....