Congratulations Chas!

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bounding Fire Productions LLC is very excited to offer our congratulations and announce the graduation of Major Chas Smith from the School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) and from Webster University where he earned, respectively, a Masters of Military Art and Science and a Masters of Business Administration. Although he didn’t win, his MMAS monograph (thesis) was nominated for best of the year.
Major Smith’s class was the 25th graduated from SAMS. SAMS currently admits about 65 Army and 20 other service and foreign officers each year, selected via an intense application and screening process.

SAMS MISSION STATEMENT:​
The School of Advanced Military Studies educates the future leaders of our Armed Forces, our Allies, and the Interagency at the graduate level to be agile and adaptive leaders who think critically at the strategic and operational levels to solve complex ambiguous problems.

Graduates of SAMS are referred to in the US Army as “Jedi Knights” and are relied upon by the Chain of Command for the planning of potential and actual military campaigns.

Why the Jedi Knights? The school was founded when Star Wars was popular, and it’s graduates are touted as being forward looking thinkers and strategists.

Chas has now been assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division and we wish him well in his new post.

We are pleased to have as part of our team the knowledge and abilities that Chas Smith brings to BFP LLC.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bounding Fire Productions LLC is very excited to offer our congratulations and announce the graduation of Major Chas Smith from the School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) and from Webster University where he earned, respectively, a Masters of Military Art and Science and a Masters of Business Administration.
[Big Snip]

We are pleased to have as part of our team the knowledge and abilities that Chas Smith brings to BFP LLC.
Congrats are in order! And to his wife who will get to see him a little more often!

Only problem with the new status of Jedi Knight.... is it does not help with the dice roll!:)

Keep up the good work in the US Army and as a leader in BFP!

Best regards,:salute:
John

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Only problem with the new status of Jedi Knight.... is it does not help with the dice roll!:)
[Chas Smith] This is not the LOS you were looking for...

[opponent] This is not the LOS I was looking for...

[Chas Smith] There is no FFNAM/FFMO opportunity here...

[opponent] There is no FFNAM/FFMO opportunity here...

[Chas Smith] Continue moving through Open Ground...

[opponent] Continue your move through Open Ground...

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, lets deal with some truth here...

You see, Chas TELLS everyone he's a Major...but the truth is that he's a career E2 PVT, and his 12 hour shift 5 days a week is cleaning the scullery in which the pigs eat out the leftovers for the base.

I mean, if you don't believe me, do his products reflect brillance or in anyways creativity or great thinking or balanced actions or...wait a minute, wrong speech...sorry....

SERIOUSLY, congrats Chas.

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Always remember Chas, MP's lead the way and NCO's are right behind them.:clown:

Seriously, Gratz on your acheavement

Scott

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice work, Chas. Congradulations! That sounds like a fascinating and challenging career you've got ahead of you.

CraigBenn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Operation Forager was the invasion of the Marianas right?

I remember reading the U.S official histories of the campaign when I was at University a fair few years ago. (Donated by Ridgeway no less - and stamped about four times in twelve years).

From what I can recall - the ground campaign was pretty much by the numbers (with the exception of Tinian where the landing came on the difficult but lightly defended beaches.)

'Modern' operational art (not that I'm an expert) I would have thought is about hitting the enemy C3I, destroying the will to fight by hitting the strategic centre of gravity, and not worrying about formal battlelines...the GI's and USMC in 1944 were fighting a conventional battle, keeping the flanks tied in, and making essentially linear advances after the landings were established. So curious to see the parralels?

Or are you saying the 'centre of gravity' is the Marianas themselves, because the IJN would fight for them, and the carrier aviation losses in the battle of the Phillipine Sea were decisive?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Chas.

I know another US Army officer that graduated in the same class.

Maj Phil Sounia, Armor.

I was his 1SG at his very first assignment as a Tank Platoon Leader.

Congrats to the both of them.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats and thanks also for the Cobra pack.

Rich

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Use the Force, Chas, use the force!!

:laugh: Congratulations!