- Jan 31, 2003
- Reaction score
- NE OH
Minis for Wednesday and Thursday have been handed out along with the World Cup MVP's and for the first time the "Big Game Hunter" early Champ for those interested in playing Big Games. Historically I have done a terrible job facilitating the "Big Game Hunter" part of the pre-reg sheet so this year we decided to do a plaque to help motivate me to do match-ups in advance. This year only Brian Martuzas & Dave Perham expressed interest so they paired & played with Brian taking home the "Big Game Hunter" inaugural wood.
Thursday Mini Update
Thursday Mini Update
- Night - Wes Vaughn & Kevin Meyer are currently dueling in the Friendly Fire night classic "Bad Moon Rising". Ed Beekman deserves a shoutout for ending Randy Rossi's reign of terror in the Night mini as Randy had won 5 straight before Ed defeated Randy's Americans in Old Hickory by burning down the VC building to keep Randy off of Level 2.
- Pacific - Dave Reenstra triumphs over Aaron Cleavin in the final to take home a prestigious Pacific mini from a star studded cast of PTO studs.
- Deluxe - Rich Spilky downs Don Holland in the finals to become king of the big hexes.
- Tincans & Popguns - Andrea Pagni garners his 2nd wood by defeating Brian Wiersma in the finals.
- Tincans & Popguns #2 - Derek Pulhamus is currently battling Jonathan Kay in a double jeopardy Grofaz mini where the winner gets the plaque, $10 and moves to 3-0 in the Grofaz while the loser gets a Grofaz loss. Derek has the Brits in FrF72 Mubo Decision. Update - Jonathan Kay advances.
- Paper Tigers - Dave Deresinski wins his second plaque of the week with a win over Rich Domovic in the battle of the bad troops.
- Battling Buckeyes - Native Buckeye Bill Cirillo triumphs over two-time Grofaz Champ Bob Bendis in Pete Shelling's newest SP offering.
- Bringing It All Back Home - Georges Tournemire garners the win in a hard fought battle over Brian Sullivan. Amusingly, I twice misunderstood people and had originally recorded Georges as the winner around the time they had setup on the Mini boards & then misunderstood Georges when he reported that he won, issued errata putting Dr. Death up as the winner only to have to rescind that. I will claim a lack of sleep as my best excuse, but the good news is Mr. Tournemire received his plaque and the $10 while Brian got a souvenir pic of his name up as a Champ...
- Friendly Fire's Greatest Hits - Neil Stanhagen downs perennial Grofaz Champ Steve "Gor-Gor" Pleva in an epic battle of Dying For Danzig (FrF52) where a single German squad nuked both of Steve's OT-34's. Neil wins his 2nd mini & has shown the rest of the field that Gor-Gor bleeds...
- My Little Ponyri - Randy Glesing & John Bays are set to play the final in Pete Shelling's Historical playtest mini at a later date. John is currently Grofaz'ing while Randy is resting after an epic battle to defeat Philippe Briaux