ASLOK XXXI Official TD AAR

KYCATS7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
....so that's was the problem...I'm right handed

Get that bum outta there!

Yes, Hildebran's walking out to the mound... he's motioning for the left-hander...

NOW (ow..ow..ow..) in for Shelling (ing...ing...ing...)... pitching left handed (ded...ded...ded...)... Russ Curry (urry...urry...urry)

Where's Marty Snow? Y'all need some more Coloradda blood to stiffen the US line!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hide your Doritos; team Schwerpunkt is headed to the town that never . . . throws a lit match into the river?

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes, disappointed not to be there this year, but I had a good run of attendances so can't complain

Hope everyone has a good time :)

Gordon
Ditto, albeit I am still on the American continent, just in the wrong state.....

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't look like I'll make it this year. I'm feeling under the weather and truth be told my heart isn't in it. The last couple years it's been a struggle to make the drive without Fish there. Thirty in a row isn't too bad. Hope you all have a great time.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't look like I'll make it this year. I'm feeling under the weather and truth be told my heart isn't in it. The last couple years it's been a struggle to make the drive without Fish there. Thirty in a row isn't too bad. Hope you all have a great time.
Darryl - sorry to hear you won't make it, but I can certainly understand the emotion that comes with the venture now without Fish. You will be missed, but I'll say hi to the guys for you. Hope you're feeling better...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
World Cup Final Update:

World 40 US 18
World MVP = Peter Struijf (7-1)
US MVP = Stan Jackson (5-1)

The World has triumphed yet again. This year was a pretty thorough butt-kicking by the World forces. Only 12 World players were able to participate in the early gunning of World Cup play this year and all 12 were top notch players. 10 of the 12 finished with positive records for the Cup and just to illustrate how tough the field was, 1 of the 2 players to end up on the negative was a former World MVP.

For the US, only 5 players ended up with a positive record & 3 of those were 1-0 (Ken Mioduski, Jim Burris & Steve Tinsley). Randy Rossi was a +2 at 2-0 while Stan Jackson was the only American to roll through the World Players at an impressive 5-1 clip losing only to World MVP Peter Struijf.

The World MVP was a close race as both Peter Struijf & Derek Ritter finished at 7-1. Peter's only loss came to Rob Loper while Derek fell to a fezless Randy Rossi. In the end it came down to strength of opponents and Peter faced a net -6 beating the same while Derek faced a -8 and defeated a -10. In the end it was Peter by a nose as Derek's dream of being the first player to MVP for both the US and the World came to an end...

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Darryl - sorry to hear you won't make it, but I can certainly understand the emotion that comes with the venture now without Fish. You will be missed, but I'll say hi to the guys for you. Hope you're feeling better...
Thanks Bret, and thanks for keeping it going. You're the best.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wednesday Mini Update

Wednesday started with 7 perfectly filled brackets of 8 and 1 with only 6, for 62 Cardboard Warriors dueling for the honor of a plaque, $10 & most important of all, bragging rights.

• Godzilla King of Monsters - Scott Holst & James Taylor are dueling in the all day final today to be awarded the Monster Mini Master.
  • Gor-Gor Heretical Variant Mini - Steve Pleva overcame Bob Bendis in the final of his namesake mini.
  • Back in the USSR - Neil Stanhagen downed regular opponent Chad Cummins in the finals to take home the first Stanhagen wood giving him bragging rights over Danny at least in the near-term.
  • Back in the USSR #2 - Dave Deresinski beat Andy Beaton into submission to triumph in the finals, although the best line of the Mini was Andy's when asked by fellow Toronto player, Jeff Wasserman if Andy wanted to play now or in the Finals & Andy responded "Both" which proved to be prophetic.
  • The Emperor's Finest - Aaron Cleavin drew first wood knocking off Steve Tinsley in the final of a tight jungle fight.
  • AARP ASLers - Randy Glesing wins the Randy-off knocking off Randy Rossi in the old-timers finals.
  • Flame On! Sponsored by Zippo - Andrea Pagni triumphed over Dave Reenstra to become king of the flamethrowers.
  • AARP ASLers #2 - Pat Palma triumphed over ex-Clevelander Rich Jenulis for the win.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The US needs the balance next year.......
Some were suggesting a Ryder Cup type format where we appoint a US Captain and he matches up to whatever number of World opponents are available. Realistically it would never work, but it would be interesting...

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
World Cup Final Update:

World 40 US 18
World MVP = Peter Struijf (7-1)
US MVP = Stan Jackson (5-1)

The World has triumphed yet again.
This demands a response in the greatest American style - throw money at it.

How much do we need to offer them Euros to get them to relocate? How about 40 acres and a mule?

Reactions: ecz

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thursday Morning Update

Thursday begins with 62 playing in the "Thursday Theme" tournaments. 7 full brackets and 3 with only a pair of games making for a 2 round mini. Official attendance has pushed to 142 with 6 walk-ins on Wednesday and another 2 already this morning...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wednesday Mini Final Update

The Godzilla King of the Monsters mini went to James Taylor in a grueling duel over Scott Holst to finish all the Wednesday minis in likely record time.

• Godzilla King of Monsters - James Taylor defeats Scott Holst in the all day final today to be awarded the Monster Mini Master.
  • Gor-Gor Heretical Variant Mini - Steve Pleva overcame Bob Bendis in the final of his namesake mini.
  • Back in the USSR - Neil Stanhagen downed regular opponent Chad Cummins in the finals to take home the first Stanhagen wood giving him bragging rights over Danny at least in the near-term.
  • Back in the USSR #2 - Dave Deresinski beat Andy Beaton into submission to triumph in the finals, although the best line of the Mini was Andy's when asked by fellow Toronto player, Jeff Wasserman if Andy wanted to play now or in the Finals & Andy responded "Both" which proved to be prophetic.
  • The Emperor's Finest - Aaron Cleavin drew first wood knocking off Steve Tinsley in the final of a tight jungle fight.
  • AARP ASLers - Randy Glesing wins the Randy-off knocking off Randy Rossi in the old-timers finals.
  • Flame On! Sponsored by Zippo - Andrea Pagni triumphed over Dave Reenstra to become king of the flamethrowers.
  • AARP ASLers #2 - Pat Palma triumphed over ex-Clevelander Rich Jenulis for the win.