The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, if he manages to do what he did with the Bills last year & keeps his mouth shut, it's a good signing. And frankly with a competent QB looking his way I'd expect the former, shouldn't be that difficult. The latter may prove impossible, but he seemed a good citizen, at least by TO standards, last year in Buffalo. Although perhaps that's just because it was Buffalo so he could have killed 7 and it wouldn't have made ESPN?

Given Antonio Bryant's knee issues, it's a solid signing to give them a little WR depth which they desperately needed. And I think even TO realizes he's TOld now rather than the great player he used to be who could get away with running his mouth. Could be a real interesting season though if things turn South in Cincy. TO, Ocho Cinco & Pac Man Jones? Oh my!
I was cursing the Stratomatic manager HAL for pulling my pitcher (Jair Jurrjens) after 7 no-hit innings as I had instructed. Should be an override for no-nos or shutouts.

Maybe not too crazy.

Rich

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hey, if he manages to do what he did with the Bills last year & keeps his mouth shut, it's a good signing. And frankly with a competent QB looking his way I'd expect the former, shouldn't be that difficult. The latter may prove impossible, but he seemed a good citizen, at least by TO standards, last year in Buffalo. Although perhaps that's just because it was Buffalo so he could have killed 7 and it wouldn't have made ESPN?

Given Antonio Bryant's knee issues, it's a solid signing to give them a little WR depth which they desperately needed. And I think even TO realizes he's TOld now rather than the great player he used to be who could get away with running his mouth. Could be a real interesting season though if things turn South in Cincy. TO, Ocho Cinco & Pac Man Jones? Oh my!
He has always been good during his first season anywhere but he did point fingers a little early on in Buffalo. BUT he hasn't been almost 37 before. He hasn't realized anything. Listen to his comments. He still thinks he can play at a high level despite anyone with eyes can tell he can't get off the line against press coverage. Not to mention he has lost a step, if not two or three, with age. And his skillets that pass for hands. And his alligator arms that have shown up in the past couple of years. He still thinks he's Batman to Chad's Robin when in reality he's more of an Alfred.

Carson is gonna go crazy having TO yapping in his ear when he already has Chad yapping to get the ball more. You didn't need the headache that is TO. You have a bunch of young stud receivers. Just wait until Gresham or Shipley start getting passes thrown their way because they get more open and don't drop the ball all the time. Then the sh*t is gonna hit the fan! ;)

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He has always been good during his first season anywhere but he did point fingers a little early on in Buffalo. BUT he hasn't been almost 37 before. He hasn't realized anything. Listen to his comments. He still thinks he can play at a high level despite anyone with eyes can tell he can't get off the line against press coverage. Not to mention he has lost a step, if not two or three, with age. And his skillets that pass for hands. And his alligator arms that have shown up in the past couple of years. He still thinks he's Batman to Chad's Robin when in reality he's more of an Alfred.

Carson is gonna go crazy having TO yapping in his ear when he already has Chad yapping to get the ball more. You didn't need the headache that is TO. You have a bunch of young stud receivers. Just wait until Gresham or Shipley start getting passes thrown their way because they get more open and don't drop the ball all the time. Then the sh*t is gonna hit the fan! ;)
Although I think Carson is likely to yell back if TO gets out of line & especially if he's alligator arming anything. Carson doesn't put up with a lot of BS from what I've seen & is certainly the king of that huddle. Plus he worked out with TO in the off season apparently so he does know him somewhat. And I think if the young receivers step up and "Alfred" starts acting out the Bengals wouldn't be afraid to send TOld to the waiver wire. My guess is on some level TO realizes that, although his public persona is likely unable to admit it.

Gresham is the stud TE so he's at least not competing with TO for snaps, catches of course is a different issue. Shipley looked awfully good for a stint yesterday - very Wes Welker'esque (by rule white WRs can only be compared to other pale WRs, right?) - but I don't think the Bengals think his development is a certainty. After all he's a 3rd Round Rookie, and it's a rare Rook that really does well at WR. If Shipley emerges and Antonio Bryant gets healthy, the TO Show in Cincy could be pretty short-lived...

I agree with all your assessments on TO's current skill level though. I just think somewhere deep down he's somewhat self aware & realizes he's nearing the end, but perhaps I've vastly overrating him. Don't forget he's got a VH1 reality show so he has to keep the bombastic persona going to get ratings...

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
SO...Tim Tebow looks okay in his debut, and Pud Selig apparently is managing in Minnesota and noone's posted here in 2 days?

W.T.F?
Now you've done it.

No-one outside the continental USA has a scooby what you're talking about, Tim and Pud, Gardenhire, Ocho Sinco and The Tin Man. I reckon the Navajo code talkers would have been redundant in WW2 if they'd had you guys around :)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now you've done it.

No-one outside the continental USA has a scooby what you're talking about, Tim and Pud, Gardenhire, Ocho Sinco and The Tin Man. I reckon the Navajo code talkers would have been redundant in WW2 if they'd had you guys around :)
Men in tights who can't perform for more than 5-10 seconds at a stretch.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, if he manages to do what he did with the Bills last year & keeps his mouth shut, it's a good signing.
Not likely with Ocho on the same sideline. I imagine at the very least, we'll get quite a few interesting sidelines vids this year...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not likely with Ocho on the same sideline. I imagine at the very least, we'll get quite a few interesting sidelines vids this year...
Ocho's high jinx tends to be more of the silly, fun type while TO ranges from that (Sharpy, Popcorn) to the ludicrous team hurting stuff (McNabb, Cowboy's tirades). I'm fine with the former, presuming any penalties don't hurt the team's chances to win, but it's the latter that'll determine if it's a good signing. I expect a lot of Sharpy/Popcorn type antics as Ocho Cinco & Ocho Uno attempt to one up each other, and that's fine - it's the whining about not getting the ball and fallout there that's scary. Given how often they've been targeting TO so far in the preseason (6 of Carson's 15 passes Sunday were to TO) they seem to be bending over backwards to make TO happy. 'Course it also makes sense that Carson would emphasize getting on the same page with the new receiver as he should be quite comfortable throwing to 85 already...

Could be an interesting season in the Jungle...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now you've done it.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ocho's high jinx tends to be more of the silly, fun type while TO ranges from that (Sharpy, Popcorn) to the ludicrous team hurting stuff (McNabb, Cowboy's tirades). I'm fine with the former, presuming any penalties don't hurt the team's chances to win, but it's the latter that'll determine if it's a good signing. I expect a lot of Sharpy/Popcorn type antics as Ocho Cinco & Ocho Uno attempt to one up each other, and that's fine - it's the whining about not getting the ball and fallout there that's scary. Given how often they've been targeting TO so far in the preseason (6 of Carson's 15 passes Sunday were to TO) they seem to be bending over backwards to make TO happy. 'Course it also makes sense that Carson would emphasize getting on the same page with the new receiver as he should be quite comfortable throwing to 85 already...

Could be an interesting season in the Jungle...
He might be quiet his first year but I find it unlikely this time with Chad as his partner in crime. And how long before we hear from Chad if they constantly go to TO and Chad's numbers suffer? We know what will happen if the reverse is true: sideline rants against the QB and/or OC, finger pointing, complaints of secret meetings between QB & ?, complaints of QB deliberately throwing the ball poorly to him, etc. Plus we could hear from both of them if they run Benson too much. ;)

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He might be quiet his first year but I find it unlikely this time with Chad as his partner in crime. And how long before we hear from Chad if they constantly go to TO and Chad's numbers suffer? We know what will happen if the reverse is true: sideline rants against the QB and/or OC, finger pointing, complaints of secret meetings between QB & ?, complaints of QB deliberately throwing the ball poorly to him, etc. Plus we could hear from both of them if they run Benson too much. ;)

I suppose that'll only be an issue if T-OLD actually manages to catch a respectable number of balls which should open up coverage on #85 (screw that whole ochocinco ********) or not. Trying to force the ball into Feather Fingers and not forcing it into Stickum Fingers will result in some turmoil...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plus we could hear from both of them if they run Benson too much. ;)
And the WILL run the wheels off Benson. Last year they were a defensive team with a run offense that could hurt you on occasion passing, but they were anything but a well oiled passing machine. Their first choice will be to pound the ball and then throw when the D is looking run or they have to. Now last year they never really had a #2 WR that was competent, lost their top 2 TEs in training camp, and didn't have a deep threat after Chris Henry got hurt at #3 so perhaps that'll change a little, but given they made the playoffs on D & running, they'll start off that way and stay there as long as they can...

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the WILL run the wheels off Benson. Last year they were a defensive team with a run offense that could hurt you on occasion passing, but they were anything but a well oiled passing machine. Their first choice will be to pound the ball and then throw when the D is looking run or they have to. Now last year they never really had a #2 WR that was competent, lost their top 2 TEs in training camp, and didn't have a deep threat after Chris Henry got hurt at #3 so perhaps that'll change a little, but given they made the playoffs on D & running, they'll start off that way and stay there as long as they can...
That was enough to own the AFC North

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was enough to own the AFC North
True. Which is particularly amazing given the raft of injuries the D had. I expect the AFC North to be better this year though and in all likelihood for the Bengals to regress a little. Hope I'm wrong though. Do wish Cincy was catching the Steeler's Rothlesberger-less though...

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey all this sports ******** is off topic...take it somewhere else and get back to boobies and sheep and stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.