When is Ponyri up for pre-order?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Borrowed from another forum , whatā€™s on the ASL pipeline.

MMP, Hollow Legions reprint with desert & Sons of Negus (Preorder 2021)
MMP, ASL Journal 13 with Board 77 (2021)
MMP, Overlay bundle (Preorder 2021)
MMP, Drop Zone Ste MĆØre Ɖglise HASL (2020-21)
MMP, Ortona : Little Stalingrad
MMP, Slaughter at Ponyri (2020-21)
MMP, The Dawn of Eagles, Rotterdam Mini-HASL
MMP, Sword and Fire: Manila 45 HASL (Preorder 2021)
MMP, Chapter E Pack
MMP, Pocket Size Chapter H (2021)
MMP, Pocket Size Charts ā€“ spiral bound (2021)
MMP, Rare Vehicles & Ordnance (mentioned ASL J9)
MMP, Sevastopol HASL (mentioned ASL J9)
MMP, The 10th Guards Rifle Division Action Pack (mentioned J11)
MMP, Polish Eagles (tent.) HASL, Poles from 1939-1945 (+Mokra CG, 1 map, 2 geo, 20 scenarios)
MMP, Marco Polo Bridge HASL
MMP, Spanish Civil War
MMP, The US First Cavalry Division Action Pack (2021 ASLOK)
MMP, Supplemental Map Bundle 2 (2021)
MMP, Sparrow Force, The Battle of Timor
Bounding Fire Production, The Devilā€™s Anvil: Peleliu
Bounding Fire Production, (Late War in Netherlands)
Bounding Fire Production, (North Africa)
Bounding Fire Production, Sangshak Operation U-Go (PTO, Brit/Japanese, HASL, CG & 20 scenarios) ā€“ Hathaway & Nogueira
Bounding Fire Production, (PTO, USMC)
Bounding Fire Production, (Scenario Pack Philippines Campaigns)
Bounding Fire Production, (mini HASL, Battle for the Manila Sports Complex, 7 scenarios + CG)
Bounding Fire Production, Operation Neptune
Bounding Fire Production, Mannerheimā€™s Cross (Finnish Pack)
Bounding Fire Production, East Front Pack
Bounding Fire Production, Recon by Fire 5
Bounding Fire Production, High Ground 3
Lone Canuck, TM Opening the Baltic Gap, 5-6 July 1944, the Soviet Summer Offensive
Lone Canuck, TM Battle of the Hedgerows Lurking Panthers, July 1944, Normandy
Lone Canuck, Grossdeutschland Pack 3 High Tide at Kursk July 1943
Lone Canuck, Red Surge Operation Kutuzov, July 1943, Orel
Lone Canuck, WinPak 3
Lone Canuck, Operation Bagration
Lone Canuck, TM Sacrifice & Courage, Cassino, Jan 1944 ( US 133d Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division ā€œRed Bullā€ vs. 44.Infanteriedivision ā€œHoch und Deutschmeisterā€)
Lone Canuck, Storming Hitlerā€™s Festung Europa ā€“ Juno Beach
Lone Canuck, Wacht Am Rhein 2nd Ed, Vol 2 ā€“ Hitlerā€™s Last Gamble in the West
Lone Canuck, Operation Martlet Objective Barracuda ā€“ Battle for Fontenay le Pesnel, 49th (West Riding) Infantry Division vs Panzer Lehr & 12th SS Hitlerjugend Divisions
Lone Canuck, Hell at Dom BĆ¼tgenbach, Hitlerjugend 12th SS-Panzer Div vs the Big Red One.
Lone Canuck, Battle of Lake Khasan, 1938 Russians vs Japanese
Lone Canuck, Brandenburgers Hitlerā€™s Special Forces
Lone Canuck, Elst, XXX Corpsā€™ Highwater Mark
Lone Canuck, Battle for France, from the Somme to the Seine
Le Franc Tireur, Amiens & Abbeville 1940 HASL (PT @ ASLOK 2017)
Le Franc Tireur, Deluxe Pack 2
Le Franc Tireur, Case Green (Czechoslovakia)
Le Franc Tireur, Prokhorovka CG
Le Franc Tireur, Armored Trains
Le Franc Tireur, Tarakan (Borneo)
Le Franc Tireur, Gothic Line
Le Franc Tireur, Le Corps Franc PommiĆØs (French Resistance)
Le Franc Tireur, Madrid 1937/1938
Le Franc Tireur, Eben Emael + Kanne (German paras in Belgium)
Le Franc Tireur, Stavelot (Bulge)
Le Franc Tireur, Stalnie Prostori II
Le Franc Tireur, Indochine 1946-1954
Le Franc Tireur, Bir Hakeim (Gazala)
Le Franc Tireur, Kohima
Le Franc Tireur, St Nazaire 2, plus the Battle of BengtskƤr
Le Franc Tireur, FTC10 Fox Hill
Hazmo: Scenario Pack 1 A World at War
Kansas City ASL, WWI ASL The Great War
New England Volunteers & Yankee ASL, Norā€™easter Pack II
Advancing Fire Group, Orsogna (Italy, Gustav Line, December 1943)
Advancing Fire Group, Prokhorovka (Kursk, July 1943)
Advancing Fire Group, Alytus (Barbarossa, June 1941)
Advancing Fire Group, Roma (Italy, September 1943)
Advancing Fire Group, Termoli (Italy, October 1943)
Advancing Fire Group, Counterattacking the Thumb (Campleone-Aprilia, Italy, February 1944)
Advancing Fire Group, Targu Frumos (Romania, April-May 1944)
Advancing Fire Group, Caen, Buron-Franqueville sector (June-July 1944)
Advancing Fire Group, Rauray (July 1944)
Death to Fascism 2 ā€œNot one step back!ā€ (ASLOK 2021)
Sherry Enterprises, Schwerpunkt #24
Sherry Enterprises, Rally Point #19 PTO SK
Sherry Enterprises, Rally Point #20 The Italian Army in WW2
Realistically, how many of us will still be around when the last of that list is published? I recall seeing sketches of the Stavelot map back in the early 90's when were all waiting expectantly for KGP, assuming it's the same project. Having recently retired I think I can confidently predict that I won't see half of what is on the list. As others have mentioned I'm also drowning in unplayed scenarios. Plenty to be getting on with without getting hyped up about the next ASL product to hit the shelves šŸ†’

Thoroughly enjoying the La batt games system at the moment, just finished 2 scenarios from NES Jaws of Victory, now played all the scenarios from the initial release of Labyrinth, just starting a game from the CSS Fulda game and played a couple of scenarios from Ukraine '43 and Stalingrad '42. Plus reviewing my games collection from a pragmatic perspective and slimming it down quite a bit. Focusing on series games moving forward, less rules to grok...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Just this week I finally decided, I have too many scenarios/HASL to play right now that I'll never get to it all in my remaining life time. I have 4 things on pre-order right now, and well, that's going to be it. I used to buy almost everything that came out, but not anymore.
Reality is, that when I do retire (5 - 10 years), the missus and I are likely going to downsize, so having to keep all my ASL stuff isn't in the cards. So I might as well stop adding to the pile now.
Having playtested it, I won't be buying it...too much counter density to be fun. We didn't think it wuz balanced, but other players of at least equal experience and competence felt it wuz unbalanced in the other direction. <shrug> still too counter dense no matter what the balance.

I won't be getting Manila either....I will never have the table space for it and I doubt I will ever play the CG.

I will make decisions on future products based on the size/density of the product in question and just how sick up nd fed I am with piles of counters and maps. I have just grown into an old, cantankerous fart.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aye - WAY past capacity. I found a nice trick that works with me though. If I don't react to the initial impulse to purchase on announcement, I am quite comfortable to not get the new thing at all, and that list is building.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Reality is sinking in. Too much ASL, not enough time. Some players are switching off.
Iā€™ll still get the reprint of Hollow legions ( my original counters are really showing their age when compared to the latest, crisper print versions) and Iā€™ll definitely continue to support MMP and not just in the ASL line. OCS, GTS, BCS and SCS if the topic appeals.

Iā€™ve stopped buying starter kit products, though. Itā€™s too much a backward step to unlearn elements of the core game in order to play. LFT, probably, Bounding Fire probably, Lone Canuck yes because his prices remain very reasonable and represent good value. Beyond those companies then the answer is likely to be no.

Wargames in general have become very expensive, particularly in the U.K. over recent years and what used to be a Ā£40 purchase is now heading North of Ā£100. Recent ASL modules are significantly more than that.

Very much in the place where my purchasing decision process is along the lines yeah Iā€™d really like to get that game,but Iā€™ll never get around to playing it.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Auto buy on anything official with new components, just to have a kit that has all the official components.

Have not most bought 2nd or 3rd editions - the old stuff is still fully serviceable and I am emotionally attached to my worn counters.

TTP- very strict consideration.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Iā€™ll still get the reprint of Hollow legions ( my original counters are really showing their age when compared to the latest, crisper print versions) and Iā€™ll definitely continue to support MMP and not just in the ASL line. OCS, GTS, BCS and SCS if the topic appeals.

Iā€™ve stopped buying starter kit products, though. Itā€™s too much a backward step to unlearn elements of the core game in order to play. LFT, probably, Bounding Fire probably, Lone Canuck yes because his prices remain very reasonable and represent good value. Beyond those companies then the answer is likely to be no.

Wargames in general have become very expensive, particularly in the U.K. over recent years and what used to be a Ā£40 purchase is now heading North of Ā£100. Recent ASL modules are significantly more than that.

Very much in the place where my purchasing decision process is along the lines yeah Iā€™d really like to get that game,but Iā€™ll never get around to playing it.
Got to agree with you Paul

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Needing to conserve my ASL allowance...

So HLv3, Manila & Rising Sun on Preorder...

The ASLSK BP#2 is reasonably priced, so I will be placing my order soon.

Waiting for the newest LCP item and on pause for the LFT stuff mentioned earlier.

BFP stuff will always be purchased by me, but that stuff will need to be placed within my procurement decisions with the Household CFO!

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I didn't preorder Manila - I've already got 3+ big urban HASLs that I haven't played yet, although I am intrigued to see how it plays differently with Japanese vs Americans. But Ponyri looks a bit different - some actual open ground! This and Ortona are on my definite pre-order list.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't preorder Manila - I've already got 3+ big urban HASLs that I haven't played yet, although I am intrigued to see how it plays differently with Japanese vs Americans. But Ponyri looks a bit different - some actual open ground! This and Ortona are on my definite pre-order list.
I am going back and forth over Manila, mainly because we do not have much in the way of Japanese/ US Army stuff. I have definitely gotten to the "way too much stuff to play" area though.

I am slowly trying other games and liking some enough to start regular play vice ASL.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back on topic...

If I remember correctly, the stand alone scenarios were playtested...the CG was the last item to be wrapped up.

Semper Fi!
Scott
Sort of. If changes to CG rules impact scenarios, they will be replayed a bit just to verify that the 'ripple effects' are minimal.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sort of. If changes to CG rules impact scenarios, they will be replayed a bit just to verify that the 'ripple effects' are minimal.
In the engine room this was called integrated plant operations. You open this valve. How does that effect the rest of the propulsion system.
Same concept. Slightly more important in the engine room but definitely applies to ASL. Especially as regards the rules. SSRs definitely need to be examined in this context.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Way too much stuff to play?

I don't even think I know what that statement means. Variety is the spice of life. I guess I am fortunate then, because even if I buy a product and only play two scenarios from it...it was worth it to me.
I am definitely in that class of person , but I always try and play at leat one scenario from every release, alas I am way behind that line of thought at the moment šŸ˜ž