The Walking Dead — Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh right! I forgot. That's why there are no bad TV shows!
Relaxe Francise...just talking about a make believe show.

BTW, this show is doing very well, so well it's got it's own fan talk show ("Talking Dead"). I am sure all involved parties are well aware of the possible long term gold mine they got here.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just watch the show and enjoy it. I could care less how fast the zombies move and refuse to analyze the details. It's good gory fun.

Plus, as long as they keep that cute, sexy farm girl on the show, I will watch intently.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not so sure about that...these writers/producers/directors/actors have a huge vested interest in the series continuing for a long time. I suspect that they are considering all these points as they try to construct the "Zombie Apocalypse" fantasy environment. If my $$$ per episode (plus residuals) was tied to making the fantasy as "believable/realistic" as possible I would leave NO stone unturned.

BTW, one thing I had considered...and it is in the same vein as my comments about decomposition of Zombies. At some point in the not to distant "fantasy" future, ALL the zombies will decompose to a point that they will no longer be able to maintain their animated "demi-life" status. Ligaments, tendons and muscle are soft tissue and these soft tissues are what knit the bone structure together. Eventually these soft tissues will rot to the point that it will not be able to support the skeletal structure. The zombies should all start to collapse around a year or so of their initial point of death.

The only exception would be if the virus/disease some how slows the decomposition process. However, given how the zombies look and are portrayed in the show...that doesn't appear to be the case.
To go along with this each episode is about a day so its been about 14 days since the sheriff woke up in the hospital

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To go along with this each episode is about a day so its been about 14 days since the sheriff woke up in the hospital
Yep...that is about 365-540 episodes. Of course at some point the episodes could start skipping some weeks/months.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reminds me of Lord of the Flies.

Some keep their humanity, others don't.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Late post - but the season finale has radically chanegd the course of the story as outlined in the books - and nwo I ahve NO idea where the story si going. which is a very good thing. I actually think kirkman has a better feel fopr narrative now - and I think I like the way the story is palying out better. good stuff - can't wait for ti to come back in february.

Rockford

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have mixed feelings about this show. I give them major credit for trying to do something very different. That said, IMO the writing is inconsistent at best and the acting, with a few exceptions, ranges from sub-par to truly eye-rolling awful.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have mixed feelings about this show. I give them major credit for trying to do something very different. That said, IMO the writing is inconsistent at best and the acting, with a few exceptions, ranges from sub-par to truly eye-rolling awful.
What show are you watching? It clearly isn't "Walking Dead".

Rockford

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah. That one.

Norman Reedus (Daryl) is good. Scott Wilson (Hershel) and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) hold their own (although this thing where European actors take the lead roles in American TV shows is getting out of hand.)

The rest of the cast I wouldn't give you a dollar for. Jon Bernthal (Shane), Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori), and Laurie Holden (Andrea) get special mention for being really awful, and hard to watch at times.

Like I said, I watch because it's a different, original thing for a TV to try. The whole cast and crew gets some credit for that.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No doubt. He's watching something different than us. I think it's one of the best, well written and well acted shows on TV. It's created a buzz around here. It's my sons favorite and he's bummed that we have to wait until February to watch it again.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No doubt. He's watching something different than us. I think it's one of the best, well written and well acted shows on TV. It's created a buzz around here. It's my sons favorite and he's bummed that we have to wait until February to watch it again.
I am not an actor...have no theatrical experience/training. All I can tell anyone is that I "believe" the characters and each episode has succeeded in "suspending my disbelief". To me, that is entertainment in a nutshell.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not an actor...have no theatrical experience/training. All I can tell anyone is that I "believe" the characters and each episode has succeeded in "suspending my disbelief". To me, that is entertainment in a nutshell.
Exactly.....

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After eating something for dinner last night that caused some "distress" in my intestinal tract, I feel like the walking dead today.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:bite::bite::bite::bite::bite::bite::bite::bite::bite:

So "IT" starts :OHNO:
Yup....

I have NEVER had a pain in my belly that bad before.

I had to force myself to puke to try and relieve the pressure (after suffering for seven hours with the pain)....

No alcohol involved.