The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I apologize for the condition of the field at the Capital One Bowl........The Citrus Bowl is set for modifications and upgrades as part of multi venue package that includes a new performing arts center and a new arena for the Magic...... the new arena received first priority. The Citrus Bowl should have artificial turf in the next year. The problem with the venue is that on 12/19 they planted new grass after the state football championships. The cold weather came and the grass didn't take. Having two bowl games is less than four days did not help either :OHNO:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Psycho you done crying yet.:cry::laugh:

PSU and OSU Go BIG TEN.:hurray::vsign::headbang:
Maybe OSU should make a point of losing a game during the regular season from now on...that way they won't have to face an SEC team in the Championship game. :laugh:

2010 Rose Bowl, Pryors coming out party.
So they beat up on a Pac-10 team that got in by the skin of their teeth...:clown:

Go Bearcats and Hook-em Horns.
Well, we now know the story on the Bearcats...51-24 (and the score really wasn't that close)...what a bunch of posers!!! That is what happens when you play chumps all year long...you get to thinking that ya got a real team.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Just to be slightly serious for a sec... I bought "Wheels of Terror" back when I was in college, many moons ago, and I've re-read it a couple of times since. It was totally over-the-top and hopelessly unrealistic for the most part, but it had some redeeming features. The scenes of cleaning up after the British air raid seemed like they were written by someone who was there. The chapters on home leave seemed similarly on the mark. The chapter on breaking out through the swamp was also believable.

A few years back I bought "The Bloody Road to Death". It was done by a different translator, and I gave up on it in the first chapter, when the translator was putting Tiny's words into some sort of Cockney lingo. I understood the concept, but it just seemed ludicrous to me.

This past summer I picked it up again, partly because of your posts. I read it through and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was the first time, but it had none of the redeeming features of "Wheels". Mostly it was just silly, especially the stuff about Porta and the bear.

Seems like Hassel, or whatever his real name was, wrote one fairly good novel ("Wheels"), then decided he could spin it off into a franchise, and more power to him if he was able to make a living at it. That's not any easy thing for any writer to do.

Just a few thoughts I thought I pass along.
Just came back from vacation, so first of all merry Christmas and happy new year, gentlemen :).

Aside from what custardpie and Psycho wrote, I'll add few notes:

Legion of the Damned - only biographical book of Hassel/Pedersen. It is more like dark humoured "All quiet on the western front" than rest of his books which seem to be more action-war movie ones. My third best (if autobiography with such theme can be judged like typical literature, that is...)

Wheels of terror - IMHO, the quintessence of Hassel. Fatalism, war, dark humour. My third best.

Gestapo - the best. It's so dark and depressing, that I think Fincher should film it. Much like comrades of war - much off-front stories. But I think that it's perfectly balalnced - could say that war is 'dark katharsis' in this book, given the theme of rest of the chapters. I highly recommend it.

The rest is also good, but these are great if you're looking for something more than war novel ("Wheels..." excluding, being the fresh essence of it).

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe OSU should make a point of losing a game during the regular season from now on...that way they won't have to face an SEC team in the Championship game. :laugh:

So they beat up on a Pac-10 team that got in by the skin of their teeth...:clown:

Well, we now know the story on the Bearcats...51-24 (and the score really wasn't that close)...what a bunch of posers!!! That is what happens when you play chumps all year long...you get to thinking that ya got a real team.
I really didn't expect any more from Cincy. The others TCU and Boise well one has to win since there playing each other but Who was it that Bama lost to lasy year in a bowl game?:hmmm:

Bama still has to beat someone besides there inbred brothern to claim the title.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really didn't expect any more from Cincy.
Yeah, that is what everyone is saying now that they got chumped...before that it was all about how FL would have a let down and Cincy was an offensive powerhouse.

OTOH, that is the problem with matching up the chump teams with the top teams. If FL wins...meh, they were suppose to win...if Cincy wins then the pundits will crow about if a whole year or longer. Never mind that to a team like FL who goes bowling every year and that was 1 game away from playing for all the marbels...this is just another in a long line of Sugar bowls. The difference between FL this year and Bama last year is that FL is packed with seniors (the winningest in SEC history) who didn't want their last game to be a loss.

The others TCU and Boise well one has to win since there playing each other but...
Terrible match-up...worst ever. TCU/Boise each should have been playing either UF or UC. Now that might have shown us something. As it is now we have two undefeated team (who don't play any body all year) going against each other.

Who was it that Bama lost to lasy year in a bowl game?:hmmm:
Utah...

Of course Bama wasn't even suppose to make it to the Sugar last year...they were predicted (pre-season) to finish 3rd in the SEC West and maybe the Outback or something. But, they over-achieved and their mostly freshman team had a let down against a mostly senior Utah team after their disappointing loss to FL.

BTW...where is Utah this year?

Bama still has to beat someone besides there inbred brothern to claim the title.
:laugh:...and if we do it will be against a REAL team as opposed to some granola coast cream puff. And if we lose it will be to a team that actually deserved to be there.

BTW, I keep seeing the media tauting that Rose Bowl win as a turn around for OSU...but seriously, OSU won a bowl game that didn't matter...so they still haven't won "The Big Game". OTOH, I guess it was amazing for OSU to even beat a pac-10 team considering they couldn't beat USC...USC which lost to about what, half the pac-10. BTW, which bowl did those Boilermakers get to this year?

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
After the early games I have insurmountable lead! :coolban:

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
For him it is very hard....difficult that is....with the cane and all:devious:
So he hits it with a cane? I supose he should be gratfull for all the swelling:hush:
Well, I would say "beating" instead of "hitting":D
You two should be ashamed of yourselves for picking on such a helpless and worthless cripple :angry:

How would you feel if only one side of your Johnson was "responsive"?

What's next? Chucking pensioners under buses? Not that that doesn't sound like fun... :devious:

Status
Not open for further replies.