The "ASL Bucket List"

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With a game that has the sheer amount of 'chrome' and 'minutae' as ASL, there are many things in the game that are rather esoteric, but not so uncommon that one would expect them to happen either by plan or sheer happenstance. (some things will require both)

Yet, after 1500 or so games, there are many cool ASL things I haven't done yet that I would like to do before I stop playing this great game. I keep on ongoing list of these in my head at least.

I've towed an opponent's AT gun off for EVP. I've been the victim of a mistaken napalm air attack. Yet I've never killed an enemy AFV with a gyrostabilized bounding fire shot. I've never even hampered a flame. So these are on my 'ASL bucket list' along with:

Play a real CG.

• A Japanese leader pinned in a collapsed hut.
  • Clear a rubble location.
  • Harm an enemy unit with a WP grenade.
..and many others once I think about it more.

So, let's see your 'ASL 'bucket list' :laugh: Anything uber-cool on it?

Last edited:

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yesterday, for the first time in my ASL life i rubbled a firts level building with a DC, killing three squads and a SMC, causing falling rubble which falls on a nother building, rubbling it killing another enemy squad...wow, what a bang...

Personally i would like to kill an enemy plane in a dogfight...i know, it has not much to do with the game on the map...but it´s unique...

and

I never had shot on a AFV wreck trying to turn it into a burning one...

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ben "the guy who owns me and is a bum" Richardson and I were playing TOUGH AS NAILS yesterday from the ITR packet. He breached a wall with a DC and then attacked the guys on the other side with 12 and 6 shots respectively.

So, breaching a wall with a DC...

THEN we had this mongo big Hand to hand melee. His 20 to my 19. We BOTH died. I think the bloodiest HtoH I've ever seen (gotta love Stalingrad for that alone)

Mark DV
Ada, MI

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Drop Napalm
Capture and use a AFV to kill another enemy AFV
Scale a building
Bulldoze a Roadblock

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New one yesterday - moved a KV2 to 7 hexes from a stack of concealed German Infantry. Fired the MGs down the road at 1.5 FP (yes we used the IIFT) and rolled snakes. Result K1 - and yahtze on the two squads and 1/2 squads. So the K resulted in wiping out two squads (the two 1/2 and the casualty reduction of the two squads). Whoopee!!!!

Still lost the game!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Build a floating platform (E6.41) to carry Small Arms on while Swiming.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Following along in Ch. E:
Capture a boat (E5.6)
Jumping off a bridge or cliff :eek: (E6.1)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Has anybody ever animal-packed a piece of ordinance? I'm always torn as to where to sort the animal pack counters into and I don't recall any scenario that had an animal-packable gun along with animals....

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anybody ever animal-packed a piece of ordinance? I'm always torn as to where to sort the animal pack counters into and I don't recall any scenario that had an animal-packable gun along with animals....
On The Kokoda Trail?

3 Japanese columns vs 2 British columns.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, in a CoB scenario, long ago. I was determined to use the new rule because I could. I took my horses/mules/alpacas too close before trying to unload and get whatever piece of ordinance into action, and got the pack animals and crews shot down for my trouble....

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Same phase assembling and firing or firing and dismantling the Russian 82mm Mortar(after 41)

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to play every vehicle in Chapter H at least once, in a printed scenario. Like;
-T1E3 the American Mine Roller- not the Crab
-The Soviet AA vehicle based on the T-70 (Can't think of the name)
-All the French gun tractors

on and on

Chameleon

Purveyor of Cacaphony
Reaction score
Use Climbing in a scenario
Successfully clear a minefield with Sappers (without getting killed in the process)
Have a Japanese T-H hero actually take out a tank before getting killed
Have yet to play a paradrop scenario (though there's at least one on my list)
Score a CH with a KV-2 :devious:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So many things after re-reading chapt A-D, really want to carry a wounded leader soon.
Conner vs Schilling Among The Ruins

After a Sniper Attack in the Graveyard wounding Sgt. Conner :hurt:, his boys decide they ain't leaving him behind and pick him up. A 2nd Sniper Attacks kills Sgt. Conner :skull: while being carried and he's dumped in the Graveyard. How convenient! :smoke: